Author Topic: Seriously? what the fuck?  (Read 4546 times)

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
Re: Seriously? what the fuck?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:41:01 pm »
i have been playing in Milanese Plate + plate mittens for the last few days, arbalest shots do between 1/4 and 1/2 of my hp (18 str 4IF) so it seems that the arbalest, due to its pierce damage, is doing similar damage to low armour people as it is high armour people
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »
I get "1shot" killed all the time. From melee, but still, it's fine. You should be able to kill another ranged in 2 hits with MW arb + bolts, just like I'm fine being "2shot" by archers with heavier bows. Probably still getting 2shot by bows tho.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:07:50 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 1881
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 01:10:35 pm »
+1
If a 1 hit can't kill a naked peasant what are shots doing to people in full armor.

Now you can kill everyone with one hit. You just have to aim for the head :P

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 530
  • Infamy: 787
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:38 pm »
I get "1shot" killed all the time. From melee, but still, it's fine.

Sad but true. Those STR monsters one hit me every time. I think we need similar tweak for melee as well. Lower the power of PS big time but buff the head hit multiplier.

Too bad I'm the only one supporting this.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:17 pm »
No, a MW longbow with +2 bodkins kills a cloth (less than 10 armor) clad archer in at least 3 hits. Dying in one random bolt to the arm just blows.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 01:19:25 pm »
+1
I am glad for the nerf to crossbows.  Many people were using crossbows with no wpf investment and being way too effective with it.

If they were to make wpf more meaningful for other classes to begin with... I would support crossbow wpf giving faster reloading times and more damage.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:16 pm »
If a 1 hit can't kill a naked peasant what are shots doing to people in full armor. Yes if you're not wearing any clothes an arrow to the chest should kill you else we should balance the game around naked gear so that no weapon can kill in one shot on a peasant.

Oh i'm sorry, forgot i was in a CRPG forum, nerf ranged more please. Sometimes when they shoot me i still die and i can't show of my super pro skills swinging right 20 times in a row with heavy armor and 10 ironflesh watching many weapons bounce off my armor.

1. Spamming only works consistently against people who suck, thus you will never be able to to good consistently by doing it. (Can't speak about NA hurr)

2. If you're running around with 10 ps, full plate and a flammy then I (and most other melee players I reckon) would regard you about as high as a rangedtwat (well, a little higher, your attacks are blockable).

3. Why would you even play it? It's boring.

Melee is in my opinion the heart and soul of this game. I mean look at archers, luck-based growing crosshair a la' 2003?

What I would like to see for archers is a massive accuracy buff, even slightly less damage (flame on), less stun from arrows, less running and a big increase in melee capability.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »
+3
1. Spamming only works consistently against people who suck, thus you will never be able to to good consistently by doing it. (Can't speak about NA hurr)

2. If you're running around with 10 ps, full plate and a flammy then I (and most other melee players I reckon) would regard you about as high as a rangedtwat (well, a little higher, your attacks are blockable).

3. Why would you even play it? It's boring.

Melee is in my opinion the heart and soul of this game. I mean look at archers, luck-based growing crosshair a la' 2003?

What I would like to see for archers is a massive accuracy buff, even slightly less damage (flame on), less stun from arrows, less running and a big increase in melee capability.

2 of your points are about the opinion of other players, which i know matters to some who have e-bushido but in balance means less than nothing. 1 is a point that is constantly thrown about to keep from having to make a point. Yeah "only works against those who suck". Welp, archery only works against those who suck, i dodged arrows and used my shield every day a shielder and archers did nothing to me while i slaughtered them in 2 hits.

I guess everyone else "just sucks" then. Anywho it's all academic at this point, devs should just remove archery the joke that they're trying to balance it stopped being funny months ago. Archery will keep getting nerfed because people can't accept the fact that certain builds should have disadvantages. The thought that you can't slaughter everyone using the best 2h/polearm with no shield without having to worry about something else is just too much for most of the CRPG community to handle. Dodging? What's that i didn't put any points in AGI or th ATH so that's unfair! Shield? What? Then i don't have extra points for PS and IF, that's unfair.

Funny how in a game where you can build your own character any way you wish everyone else's build is broken and unfair. Actually it's not funny it's just an indicator of a poor beta community with little testing skills and a ton of false bravado over being e-knights.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »
You're missing my point. I don't mind dying to good archers, but when I would die in two shots to the 8-9 PD arrowspamming archers who just got lucky with crosshairs bigger than the combined e-peen of the 2h community that just sucks.

Also you will have to remember that the ideal dodging is completely random. Sure you can fool the sucky archers by playing some simple mindgames but anyone remotely decent will not fall for that.

Disregarding balance, I think the idea behind this change is great.

Also don't you agree with me about making archery less luck-based?

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:15 pm »
I am glad for the nerf to crossbows.  Many people were using crossbows with no wpf investment and being way too effective with it.

bulshit

Crossbow(1slot one) upkeap is above 700, its based on WPF soo if you havent any wpf in that you have to pay upkeap every round.
No one normal do that WITHOUT WPF, its so hard to understand,if you see some 2h polearm or 1h runing all the time with crossbow that mean then he have WPF.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »
Also don't you agree with me about making archery less luck-based?

Yeah it should be less luck based, but for that there needs to be a massive increase in accuracy.

I'd be fine with reducing the amount of stagger an arrow causes and other potential fixes if the accuracy was made a lot better.

But right now trying to get headshots is mostly luck with a little bit of skill thrown in.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:00:48 pm by Overdriven »

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:12 pm »
increase accuracy decrease damage

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:51 pm »
Yes, a slight accuracy buff for archers would be a good thing.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »
Now you can kill everyone with one hit. You just have to aim for the head :P

It's easy to say "aim head" but is much harder to do. Players who tried to play a ranged nowdays know that accuracy is not good enought to shot someones head in medium-high distance. And shooting in close distance i fucked too because dodging is not so hard and archers using heavy bows (i'm using long bow) and crossbowers have only one chance to shoot and most of them just suck in melee, or they are fast enought to block, but to slow to attack.

This patch just killed dedicated arbelast users. :( Now i almost can's see anyone using arbelast. That was nice class witch forced other players to stay more carefull and watch what are they doing.
Archer forever :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 02:10:38 pm »
+1
Instead of that stupid random reticule thing, the shot should be accurate, but with a moving reticule. A bit like in a dart game.