Yes
10 (45.5%)
no
9 (40.9%)
I don't Care
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 26, 2012, 07:13:19 pm

Author Topic: Arrow Model  (Read 641 times)

Offline blackrose_Baron_Geoff

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Arrow Model
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:22 pm »
Really dislike the new arrow quiver look and would like the old one back and body else feel the same way ?

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow Model
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »
Really dislike the new arrow quiver look and would like the old one back and body else feel the same way ?
You prefer the old quiver where arrows didn't show exactly how many arrows you have left? This change combined with an actual arrow model instead of ugly streak representing an arrow makes archery FEEL and LOOK like real archery.  It's amazing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:24:32 pm by Lichen »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:35:43 pm »
if you give a reasonable argument(which i think is impossible) to remove the new ones from crpg, i'll grant you passage to 1 gold, cuz you shouldn't even try, cuz it's not worth it.
argument 1: the arrows look a lot more like real arrows(and i knwo, becasue i'm into archery myself and i've got a traditional bow and quiver with wooden arrows hanging 6 feet away from me)
argument 2: the arrow flight looks very similor to the real flight of an arrow(though some arrow bending while in flight would make it even more realistic) because you don't see a blur when an arrow is shot, atleast not from a traditional bow, maybe acomplishable with a high poundage compound bow which can shoot 1800 meters, but you'd probably not see anything instead of a blur.
argument 3: the new quivers are a lot more realistic, not only by the number of arrows it contains now, but the models are also more historicly accurate and the place it is hanging is better now because they are longer.

close the topic, noone agrees with you if you don't have arguments that support your statement, atleast i wouldn't
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Zerobot1

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Zerobot1
  • IRC nick: Zerobot1
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:07:02 pm »
Well he was just asking your opinion, not providing an argument.

I agree, I preferred the old ones, they may be 'unrealistic' but they sure look better.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:26 pm »
if you give a reasonable argument(which i think is impossible) to remove the new ones from crpg
well, aesthetics?

look, I don't care that much and this is really a personal opinion, but with all respect to the loads of work final_boss does I think most of the stuff is utterly ugly. I mean look at that web gui he has done, its one of the ugliest sites I ever saw. Again, this is a very subjective opinion and I don't want to attack the work of this man but I see it this way. When I see the new bow models its like watching a painting where someone has done some flashy post-editing, maybe their not so bad itself but they definitely don't fit. I fear it will be the same with the heirloom textures and I would love to see an option how to revert this things.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:16:16 pm »
The new models are well made and look very nice, but some of us would like the old flying missiles back. It's very hard to see, possibly higher resolutions/bigger monitors affects this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login