Author Topic: A question  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: A question
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 03:42:39 pm »

Chagan, don't misunderstand me i don't want to bully with you... What is your point with this thread?
You want to tell something to community? Or what?

it is what it is a simple question, as im curious person, didnt put much attention to infantry gameplay or changes they had as i never liked it/played it over the last year

so basicly i would like to educate myself about the history of nerfs/buffs of the infantry, not the global ones, but that was only directed at infantry

Not even close. Getting a full list would take forever and it wouldn't be complete even in a month if a dev doesn't give the exact changelog. Like Idzo asked, where are you going with this thread?

ok so there was a bunch of -1 speed on this +2 damage -1 damage +1 speed etc. etc.
but anything that changed the fundaments of the infantry gameplay ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:48:11 pm by Chagan_Arslan »

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »
it is what it is a simple question, as im curious person, didnt put much attention to infantry gameplay or changes they had as i never liked it/played it over the last year

so basicly i would like to educate myself about the history of nerfs/buffs of the infantry, not the global ones, but that was only directed at infantry

well, lots of animation nerfs, weapon nerfs, slot nerfs etc ...etc..too many to count them...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Sigh, another retard with a complete lack of perspective as far as time goes. You know how long the bulk of the attacks in this game take? Some where around a second. So a 0.1 decrease in swing speed is about 10 percent. A 100 wpf makes you swing 6.5% faster. So this 'minor' change is the difference between having 154 wpf and 1 wpf.

Time is very context sensitive my friend.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »
Sigh
Yes, another twohander retard, it was just impossible to use left swing, overhead and thrust. Because all what real twohander must do - it's hiltslashing

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 05:37:11 pm »
Sigh
Yes, another twohander retard, it was just impossible to use left swing, overhead and thrust. Because all what real twohander must do - it's hiltslashing

Aaw, you can't deal with hiltslashes?

That most probably means you suck.

Anyway:

The rightswing change didn't break the melee vs. other classes balance, it didn't even break balance that bad in melee vs. melee (1h and their leftswing being the exception). But it ruined the duels and promoted spam. Plus, it was slow, boring and awkward but that's just imho.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:36 pm »
Aaw, you can't deal with hiltslashes?

That most probably means you suck.

Anyway:

The rightswing change didn't break the melee vs. other classes balance, it didn't even break balance that bad in melee vs. melee (1h and their leftswing being the exception). But it ruined the duels and promoted spam. Plus, it was slow, boring and awkward but that's just imho.

slowing down right swing promoted spamming ? left swing spamming ? and how does this hiltslashing works exactly ?

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »
No Dezi, I'm just saw how horde of 2Handers instantly respecced in something other after 2H right swing animation «nerf».

On the other words - no one remember any serious nerf for any melee infantry class.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »
On the other words - no one remember any serious nerf for any melee infantry class.

What would the point of that be? Infantry combat is what Warband shines at, why should melee be "nerfed"?  :? How would you nerf it anyways? It makes no sense. If you nerf one infantry class, then it's underpowered compared to the others. Then you have to nerf the others too... to what effect? To reach status quo again? Why nerf to begin with?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:05 pm »
You mean Cavalry Combat mechanics was so broken, so it was just impossible to not nerf lancing, yes?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:57 pm »
One could argue that cavalry was too powerful against infantry, yes. I really doubt the angle nerf was implemented because of cav vs cav combat.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 06:02:01 pm »
A huge ass nerf to infantry was the removal of pocket pikes.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »
slowing down right swing promoted spamming ? left swing spamming ? and how does this hiltslashing works exactly ?

Who does couch works? How is possible that someone have attack that you can't block?
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 06:56:46 pm »
Who does couch works? How is possible that someone have attack that you can't block?

hm ? im asking about hiltslashing as i dont know how it works exactly, its something about facehuggin moving to the side and doing a right slash ?

couch works when on almost full speed you press x

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:01 pm »
Dont remember when but war spear was changed from 9 to 11 str requirement, which kinda messed up my playstyle abit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »
IMO the most important nerf to inf in history was the forcefield "fix" that almost killed kite/heather/board shields and severely gimped all others.

Also, armor nerfs, including the upkeep patch (although it is true it hurt cav a lot more). Pike/long spear nerfs, 2h lolstab nerf, all the knockdown weapons that lost it... That's about it for the "global" ones.

However, every single (used) melee weapon got nerfed at some point. Unlike cav and ranged that usually are treated as more homogenous groups, melee is nerfed/buffed one or a few weapons at a time. The more global changes are usually done on cav/ranged, which means buffs too.

I think it is justified, as the melee mechanics are much more sensitive to change than ranged and cav ones. Also, we want to keep the melee system nearly intact because it is truly great (at least, it was great before the neverending block battles and the focus on footwork that ensued), unlike cav and ranged mechanics that are less complex to say the least (I'm not saying playing those classes is less complex though).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:26:07 pm by Kafein »