Author Topic: Remember Remember the 23rd of December  (Read 20402 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: Remember Remember the 23rd of December
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »
+4
because he got mad being ignored after bringing this up over and over although we were aware of his concerns.

So you admit ignoring him but are then surprised when he takes matters into his own hands to get your attention?  You probably didn't quite mean what you wrote but on the other hand, there is usually a lack of information coming from devs on other issues, so who knows  :wink:

Fixing mechanics that make this a problem in the first place for example would be a way better option to spend that time on to be honest but this is all about the hate.

This bit is what I don't understand.  If fixing mechanics is the devs aim then;
1) Why haven't you guys just announced that you will not be looking into individual cases and are instead looking to solve the problem through game mechanics?  This doesn't stop you guys randomly banning all the individual cases you find, but it might have stopped Nocti pestering you every 5 mins.
2) If you are indeed looking to solve the problem through game mechanics then why is Strat, after 3 versions, still based on a money generation system that actually encourages inactivity and dual accounts?
3) Why do devs constantly appear to ignore the numerous ideas posted that would help combat this issue?  Even just a simple, "nice idea - we'll give it some thought" would be nice.  Or a "we think that has too many loop holes to implement" statement.  This goes for other ideas too.

Personally I think the devs need a community liaison person or two.  People that know the overall aim of Strat and the upcoming changes that can highlight and give input to the good ideas whilst shutting down the ideas that are barking up the wrong tree and never going to happen.  There's plenty of rational, non-troll people that would love to help with Strat but have no coding skills.  Any of them would be good for this.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2012, 05:51:59 pm »
This is the classic "dead hooker under the bed" scenario.

How do you usually deal with all them dead hookers under your bed?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »
+1
BTW - this Gnjus can't return to the old form, because this is not the same man. Old Gnjus was malicious but intelligent and witty, and the new is a cave troll. We need to send a detective Noctivagant, because I suspect account sharing  :lol:

Yeah, my younger brother is typing nonsense while i drink in a pub. I'm training him to become malicious as myself but his maximum is the league of Berengers, Tavuk Beys, HarunYahiyas & Rage Gays.  :wink:

Much easier then the living ones.  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nihtingale

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Is it retarded enough?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:03 pm »
This thread is going nowhere.
Sincerely yours, C.O.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »
Now for an actual game mechanic suggestion to discourage the dual accounters.

Add an actual goods crafting skill that goes up by 3 everytime you get the chadz text and goes down by 1 per week automatically.  This way, if you don't play cRPG you can't craft goods, if you stop playing cRPG your skill will slowly decay.

Then remove the ability to craft goods without this skill and make it so your skill level in goods crafting determines a bonus to goods production as well as your discount

So 1 skill = 30% discount and a 1% chance to produce an extra item of goods each hour = 24 per day on average at 100% crafting efficiency = 84 gold per day @ 5 gold goods price
30 skill = 59.23% discount and a 59.23% chance of procucing an extra item of goods each hour = 38 goods per day at 100% crafting efficiency = 78 gold per day @ 5 gold goods price
54 skill = 67.11% discount and 67.11% chance......blah......blah.........blah = 40 good per day = 66 gold per day

High level chars won't be able to craft goods, but they can't craft equipment either and everything else added seems to want to encourage retiring so why not this as well.

Overall this is a pretty large bonus to active people still retiring and also a big boost to the more active clans. Meanwhile if somebody wants to keep their inactive dual account useful in Strat they will actually have to play it and will therefore spread their chadz text bewteen their chars which as you can see is not as effective as 1 highly skilled crafter.

The only mulit accounting issue this does not help with is when some one has a high level main they only use in Strat Battles and then a crafting alt, or when someone can use 2 or 3 accounts to help attack or defend against their enemies.  However the first issue is much easier to identify and investigate than having to look at every possible multi accounter.  And the 2nd issue is completely different and probably can never be solved with a game mechanic anyway.

Offline Old Autobus

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »
Now for an actual game mechanic suggestion to discourage the dual accounters.

Add an actual goods crafting skill that goes up by 3 everytime you get the chadz text and goes down by 1 per week automatically.  This way, if you don't play cRPG you can't craft goods, if you stop playing cRPG your skill will slowly decay.

Then remove the ability to craft goods without this skill and make it so your skill level in goods crafting determines a bonus to goods production as well as your discount

So 1 skill = 30% discount and a 1% chance to produce an extra item of goods each hour = 24 per day on average at 100% crafting efficiency = 84 gold per day @ 5 gold goods price
30 skill = 59.23% discount and a 59.23% chance of procucing an extra item of goods each hour = 38 goods per day at 100% crafting efficiency = 78 gold per day @ 5 gold goods price
54 skill = 67.11% discount and 67.11% chance......blah......blah.........blah = 40 good per day = 66 gold per day

High level chars won't be able to craft goods, but they can't craft equipment either and everything else added seems to want to encourage retiring so why not this as well.

Overall this is a pretty large bonus to active people still retiring and also a big boost to the more active clans. Meanwhile if somebody wants to keep their inactive dual account useful in Strat they will actually have to play it and will therefore spread their chadz text bewteen their chars which as you can see is not as effective as 1 highly skilled crafter.

The only mulit accounting issue this does not help with is when some one has a high level main they only use in Strat Battles and then a crafting alt, or when someone can use 2 or 3 accounts to help attack or defend against their enemies.  However the first issue is much easier to identify and investigate than having to look at every possible multi accounter.  And the 2nd issue is completely different and probably can never be solved with a game mechanic anyway.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,8.0.html

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »
+1

Frack you (literally) :evil: for suggesting to make retirement a must, I DO NOT want grind 24/7. Worst suggestion ever to come across the forums.

Some people like just to log-on and play whenever they want and feel like it without having to participating in the rat race called heirlooms.

I play mainly for Strategus (granted it isn't really working out these days in general) - but if the only thing left for people who do not grind 24/7 would be moving around armies/caravans in Strategus then lol.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:33:22 pm by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:50 pm »
+2
What are developers scared of? Whatever it is, it lurks deep within the suggestions corner, a place where no developer dares to tread... :shock:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
Frack you (literally) :evil:

I sense some madness in you, Cooties.....you mad ?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2012, 07:08:21 pm »
Pretty sure the only one who is talking about Nocti getting banned is Nocti himself for the oh so dramatic effect...

No worries :mrgreen:
I know, but I thought that you do not like me and that you do the opposite than I requested  :mrgreen:
What are developers scared of? ... :shock:
They scared of russian mafia  :rolleyes:
Yeah, my younger brother is typing nonsense while i drink in a pub...:
Sometimes it is easier to deal with a dead hooker under the bed than with a younger brother  :wink:
Much easier then the living ones.  :twisted:
It's true ... :lol: (Old Gnjus?)

This whole topic should be regarded as a satirical trololol program  :lol:

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2012, 07:30:05 pm »
I sense some madness in you, Cooties.....you mad ?

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
+2
So in the end.... oooooooooooooooooooodinvalhalaaaaaaaaaaa was right.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:02 pm »
Frack you (literally) :evil: for suggesting to make retirement a must, I DO NOT want grind 24/7. Worst suggestion ever to come across the forums.

Some people like just to log-on and play whenever they want and feel like it without having to participating in the rat race called heirlooms.

I play mainly for Strategus (granted it isn't really working out these days in general) - but if the only thing left for people who do not grind 24/7 would be moving around armies/caravans in Strategus then lol.

High level chars can still
- lead armies
- recruit troops
- manage and own fiefs
- be better than low level chars in battles
- make the actual trade runs to sell the goods
- beg ;)

Why do you need to be able to do everything?

Also, why are you rejecting the whole idea because of something that follows the current dev policy?  If you have other objections please list them but otherwise your objection is with the dev limitation to chadz text which is a different issue. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:59:13 pm by Tomas »