Author Topic: Version 0.261  (Read 39961 times)

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
Re: Version 0.261
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2012, 04:20:49 am »
(click to show/hide)
You call this a fucking headshot, this game is such a joke -.-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2012, 04:30:43 am »
(click to show/hide)
That's what happens to those who don't use the RIGHT kettle helmet! Damn whitey!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:37 am »
I think not many players will change to pikes, as this weapon doesn't really pay for anything. Three slots, unsheathable, unbalanced, can't stab through ground or fight on slopes at all, too much glancing and the goddamn shield bubble around the horse's chest/lower neck make it still an incredibly ungrateful choice. Some will try for a time, so you will always have a certain amount of them on the servers, but they will be bad (what else, with such a weapon?) and thus not make any difference.

You're wrong. All disadvantages that follow up pike can be negated by it's awesome length. Keep your distance, fight in group and poke those f*ckers to death. That's actually what i do now, and i think i am on my way to master da pike. 24 str/8 PS make your hits quite deadly. I one-thrust people with mediocre helmets (by attacking their heads obviously).

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2012, 04:24:27 pm »
You're wrong. All disadvantages that follow up pike can be negated by it's awesome length. Keep your distance, fight in group and poke those f*ckers to death. That's actually what i do now, and i think i am on my way to master da pike. 24 str/8 PS make your hits quite deadly. I one-thrust people with mediocre helmets (by attacking their heads obviously).

Nvm him, he just failed with the pike and as such started to use poleaxe + heavy armor. And he fails with that too.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
Nvm him, he just failed with the pike and as such started to use poleaxe + heavy armor. And he fails with that too.

I must have really upset you, if you never let an opportunity pass to comment whatever I do or write...  :?

And just for your information, my new build switches between spear weapons and swingable polearms as I think the map and team composition requires.

And of course I fail, I didn't play the game for over half a year, and now I don't play it really excessively, either.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Nope, that isn't a headshot. When you get headshot the projectile dissappears.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »
I must have really upset you, if you never let an opportunity pass to comment whatever I do or write...  :?

And just for your information, my new build switches between spear weapons and swingable polearms as I think the map and team composition requires.

And of course I fail, I didn't play the game for over half a year, and now I don't play it really excessively, either.

Exactly my point, you shouldn't QQ about the pike if you have no idea how to use it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »
Exactly my point, you shouldn't QQ about the pike if you have no idea how to use it.

This is said easily if you don't use pike yourself. And I refuse to make those spin-thrust-jumps or similarly retarded looking things. I just want to have a weapon that doesn't require me to play with clanmates in teamspeak, to not being laughed at by superficial people who only look at scores, like it just happened to me in this topic.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »
This is said easily if you don't use pike yourself. And I refuse to make those spin-thrust-jumps or similarly retarded looking things. I just want to have a weapon that doesn't require me to play with clanmates in teamspeak, to not being laughed at by superficial people who only look at scores, like it just happened to me in this topic.

I don't judge your play by your scores, I judge it by spectating (of course)

And I do use a pike. In strategus

If you want a serious comment on your playstyle: You play like you have a 3m zone around you where only your actions count. You don't seem to anticipate enemy counter-initiative and you spend way too much time trying to backstab everyone rather than being the guy who stands fast and helps his team by keeping the enemy at bay.

And any weapon is workable solo. Taking the pike as an example: Not doing spin-stabs "because they look retarded" just sounds like an excuse for not being able to use them to most people.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »
If you want a serious comment on your playstyle: You play like you have a 3m zone around you where only your actions count. You don't seem to anticipate enemy counter-initiative and you spend way too much time trying to backstab everyone rather than being the guy who stands fast and helps his team by keeping the enemy at bay.

Either I don't do what I am thinking I do, or you didn't spectate me enough. Because I try to fend off people, and I heavily rely on teammates being between me and the enemy. It's not like I try to engage them face to face, as I know all they need to do is to downblock.

Feel free to spectate me and comment more on what you see. In this case your comments are most welcome.  :D

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2012, 06:56:48 pm »
Either I don't do what I am thinking I do, or you didn't spectate me enough. Because I try to fend off people, and I heavily rely on teammates being between me and the enemy. It's not like I try to engage them face to face, as I know all they need to do is to downblock.

Feel free to spectate me and comment more on what you see. In this case your comments are most welcome.  :D

Well yeah that's kind of the thing. You seem to expect the enemy to just fight your teammates in front of you, to leave you free to just poke in. And while this kind of thinking works "okay" with a pike, it shines through when you're playing a regular melee as well. And then it doesn't work.

You seem to think ahead, but a little too much. You can't "plan" a melee engagement, what you need is the ability to make split-second decisions, and just-make-it-work.

"Standing fast" doesn't mean supplementing the wall of teammates by adding a long pointy stick to the arsenal, standing fast means building that wall yourself. You can never rely fully on teammates. From what I've seen, what the everyday engagement on EU1 needs is not more people who hang back and try to get a few free hits in, but people who dare to get into the thick of it to create some momentum and initiative.

Sadly, teammates are utter shit when it comes to following through a successful charge, but then, teammates will always be utter shit at everything :p

A bit ranty, I know but I hope you get my point. Getting into the thick of things also has the considerable benefits of making you a better solo player (since you're forced to make the split-second decisions, block multiple enemies and so on) as well as generally having a bigger impact on things (I fully believe in a heavily offensive style in battle and the importance of psychology in battle. If you break the enemy and gain the momentum and initiative that you need to follow through, you will have the positional advantage and will be able to squash the enemy with little effort. What this sort of play requires though is skilled players who are willing to stand up and break the enemy ranks. This is often seen on battle servers as the side which  forces the enemy to retreat often wins the whole melee engagement since they're able to go and backstab/roll the enemies across the rest of the battlefield, while the opponent will be in "retreat mode" and thus too scared and ambivalent to push them back.)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2012, 08:35:23 pm »
I think I agree on most of what you said (I don't know about the rest, though, so I can't say whether I agree or disagree  :lol: ), and I seriously think about going 1hd+shield the next generation. Although my (already poor) manual blocking skills will suffer from this.  :lol:

Too bad the old cRPG forum section on Taleworld was deleted (you could at least have warned us!), because once I wrote a topic there, where I explained how you can improve your teamplay without taking any penalties like fighting less or waiting longer.

One point was, that I suggested that a good tactic would be that the shielders charge through the first line of enemies, completely ignoring them, until they reach the archers, then they release their block and try to wreak havoc. Some of the shielders will die doing so, but many will break through. Some enemies from the front line will turn around to chase the shielders, and break up their formation, which is the point when the 2hd and pikes charge and most likely rape the entire team.  :mrgreen:

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »
I think I agree on most of what you said (I don't know about the rest, though, so I can't say whether I agree or disagree  :lol: ), and I seriously think about going 1hd+shield the next generation. Although my (already poor) manual blocking skills will suffer from this.  :lol:

Too bad the old cRPG forum section on Taleworld was deleted (you could at least have warned us!), because once I wrote a topic there, where I explained how you can improve your teamplay without taking any penalties like fighting less or waiting longer.

One point was, that I suggested that a good tactic would be that the shielders charge through the first line of enemies, completely ignoring them, until they reach the archers, then they release their block and try to wreak havoc. Some of the shielders will die doing so, but many will break through. Some enemies from the front line will turn around to chase the shielders, and break up their formation, which is the point when the 2hd and pikes charge and most likely rape the entire team.  :mrgreen:

The last thing - yes. And it will render pikeman useless - they won't have space to thrust enemies. Yay for everyone.

BTW: Dezilagel, could you comment on my gameplay too?  :) I am that pikeman with nikolskoe helm and russian lamelar armor.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2012, 09:54:49 pm »
Maybe you lovebirds can take your off-topic courting somewhere else?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »
Maybe you lovebirds can take your off-topic courting somewhere else?

Maybe you leave moderation to moderators?  :P