Author Topic: Critique my build  (Read 2092 times)

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
Critique my build
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »
Currently aiming for a 36 3 build with 12 PS and 11 IF using a Fauchard and my main combat tactic is stay out of range by backing off and hitting hard.
I mainly try to take out players that are distracted by others as I can one hit them.

Is this a viable build or should I try something else, don't want to gimp myself too badly.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: Critique my build
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »
+1
you will be super slow
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »
+3
I don't have a lot of experience with extreme builds...but I think you may have trouble "backing off" with only 1 athletics. 

If I were going for a pure STR build, I would pick a harder hitting weapon to maximize the damage.  I see the advantages of staying behind teamies and playing support, but that might be done better with an even longer weapon (pike, longspear). Or a still-very-long-but-not-as-long more powerful one (glaive, english bill).

Just a thought!  Fauchard is a neat weapon, but I always thought of it as an agi weapon.  Go ahead and prove me wrong though! :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 10:56:53 pm »
+1
You should be concerned about moving first, before considering "backing off". With 3 agi, you'll be a boat on legs.

I would advise not going anywhere under 9 agi and 3 ath. And even that requires some serious skill (you'll be the one footworked out), awareness (you need time to react to anything) and game reading (you can't join a fight and retreat when things don't go too well, you kill or you die, that implies that you have to carefully choose your fights before joining them, and do it quickly).

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:57 pm »
as a pro of extreme str built

(42/3 lvl 31 buit for some time when in a market quest for mw falchion)

you're built is viable, BUT only if you have great blocking skill/armor

backpedalling is viable if you consider polestagger but... well... not super good

best thing to do: get a e-pal with shieldy and play together.

you'll have A LOT of fun so try it and prove those agi whore they are wrong!

(i'm now a 18/21 built, prove me I should get a pure str built again!)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:04:46 pm »
go for 9 or 12 str and the rest in agi and athl to the max! this way you can backpeddal faster than the enemies run forward wich means you can keep outranging them with fauchard and basically they cant do anything.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »
well my blocking skill is average but Im getting alot of kills with side swings when others are pre occupied so hitting from behind is my favorite technique atm lol.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »
I have a 36/3 alt with 11IF 12PS which I play from time to time.

You have a lot of hitpoints and you can hit hard but ironically you will be vulnerable and harmless as soon as you get left behind by your teamates.
You really need backup from teamates to do well with this build. But it's not easy to stick with the team with 0 athletics. And you will have a hard time supporting your teammates for the same reason.

- If you face 2 or more opponents on your own you will usually get surrounded and spammed to death without even hitting one of them once.
- Even 1vs1 you will have a very hard time due to low athletics and WPF.

You need very good awareness with this build. You should awlays try to position yourself in between your teamates so that you can both give and get support.
Once you are alone, you die...

With that said, this build is very dependent on teamplay.
It's a support character in desperate need of support... ;)

Positive aspects of this build:
- The ability to jump from very high places (Remember: The more armour you wear the less damage you take as well). This is very fun :)
- Play with peasant clothes and surprise your enemies. One tip is to wait for enemy melee cavalry in your own spawn using a trident. Most cavalry players will think you are an easy target but instead they get their horse killed and often you will kill them before they get up on their feet as well :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:09:02 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:47 pm »
My Lord Soth character does that.

36/3 12PS 11IF.

Overall: Using the HBS and light armour and you can easily keep up the swings. Using the mallet/morningstar/claymore in siege is just bloody amusing with the sheer damage you can do.

I found it to be extremely deadly in siege maps, and extremely difficult to use in the more dynamic battle maps where you need athletics to keep up.

Good in static fights like siege where everything is close quarters (use transitional armour and good gloves, and you don't even need to do much to mow through people and ignore your mistakes due to the stupid high 93HP you have), and absolutely horrible to use in Battlemode (you will get ganked and quickly).

In Rageball it makes a decent goalkeeper, but you can do better tbh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:02:41 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 09:23:44 pm »
I'm using the glaive at the moment and I'm lucky as I almost always play with my friend who is a high athletics build, so whilst he distracts them I spam them in the back, I average at least 10 kills per game doing this in siege mode.

What armour specifically would you be referring to.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 10:52:56 pm »
I'm using the glaive at the moment and I'm lucky as I almost always play with my friend who is a high athletics build, so whilst he distracts them I spam them in the back, I average at least 10 kills per game doing this in siege mode.

What armour specifically would you be referring to.

if you wanna stay with friend: light

other mind is plate so you can take hit

but for me plate: gangbang

so no armor heavier than heraldic unless you got some other slow loyal friend
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »
My "light" armour for my purposes are just Robes, wrapping boots and leather gloves when I want to use my HBS properly and fast.

Normally I wear a Great Helm with Tophat, Heraldic Mail with Tabard, Mail mittens and Mail Chausses.

Heavier armour is a simple upgrade to Wisby gauntlets, Light Strange Greaves and Heraldic Transitional Armour. Swap the light greaves with Iron Greaves if people are hitting you in the legs a lot (uncommon now that you can't swing through the ground anymore).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 02:42:06 pm »
As a Person who has a LOT of experience with 36/3, and it is one of my favorite builds for battle/siege and !DUELING!, Do this:
36/3 12 PS, 10 IF, 1 athletics. Get that athletics. Wear light / medium armor. DO NOT WEAR HEAVY ARMOR: It amplifies your weakness of being slower. In light armor, your 1 athletics is not nearly as much of a liability as you think it is -- and as you improve your footwork, all that negativity removes itself.
Use a weapon medium/long length. Longer the better. It removes your weakness of being slower in movement.

best of luck. (you really won't need it, this build is a juggernaut)
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
+1
Sounds like an excellent plan I will follow your advice, is the glaive a good shout as a weapon, was the best I could see?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 11:57:13 pm »
Glaive, LHB, Warspear. all good polearms. I prefer war spear, 150 length + fast. Get outranged by a few things though.
Any greatsword/goedendag for 2h.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.