Author Topic: [UNBAN]Request ElHuffinator  (Read 557 times)

Offline ElHuffinator

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[UNBAN]Request ElHuffinator
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:02:10 am »
First, let me state that intentionally teamkilling somebody is stupid, no matter the reason. In addition to that, teamkilling somebody for trying to take as many people with them as they could is excessively stupid.

I understand this. I got caught up in the mob mentality when everybody was screaming to lynch pew for delaying and idiotically acted upon it (i was not the only one, not that it matters.)

I would hate to have somebody do it to me, and thinking about the situation now I understand I was being a jerk and deserved to be banned. I sincerely apologize to pew for any frustration caused and hope that in the future I will be a more decent player and person.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [UNBAN]Request ElHuffinator
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:41:51 am »
unban this dude, the guy he teamkilled had been delaying every chance he got for at least a minute each time, half the server wanted him teamkilled, and there were no admins on

zero tolerance or "letter of the law" is stupid and bad policy
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:47:37 am »
the guy he teamkilled had been delaying every chance he got for at least a minute each time, half the server wanted him teamkilled, and there were no admins on

zero tolerance or "letter of the law" is stupid and bad policy

I was there and it was only a few (half dozen maybe) rather vocal voices crying for it. Mob mentality is a terrible defense.

Delaying is not shooting, running a bit, turning around and shooting some more.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ElHuffinator

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:50:04 am »
I'm not at all disputing that i deserved a ban. I still think the person was delaying but that does not justify a teamkill from myself. I wish to be unbanned because I have learned to deal with these matters through their proper medium, which is on the forums, and not take them into my own hands.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:51:21 am »
if you were there why did you allow the guy to delay for so long? you were being a shitty admin so someone else took care of the problem

wait nevermind forgot you're not admin

anyway, the dude mgiht have been shooting occasionally but he was clearly intentionally delaying
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 02:52:25 am »
if you were there why did you allow the guy to delay for so long? you were being a shitty admin

I resigned.

EDIT: Glad you put that into your post. =)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:28:00 am »
Greetings,

A lesson is learned and the unban request is accepted.

Thread is locked and any further questions or discussions will be dealt in pm.

Regards,
Gear

P.S.: I've stated this a dozen times before and I'll do it again, do not post irrelevant comments and insults in this area.

Consider that a friendly warning to your actions, bear, the freedom to post is yours, and the consequences that comes with it is yours to bear, as well. (No pun intended)