Author Topic: Sacrifice  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrifice
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 01:33:37 pm »
It transfers all heirloom items on that alternate character to your main and the alternate character is deleted.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »
Can I only transfer one loomed item? Saying I level to 31, retire, loom and sacrifice, then I can transfer 1 item. But lets say I level to 31, retire, loom, and then be gen 2 and level to 31 again and retire again, loom another item and then sacrifice. Can I transfer both items then? :o
Just asking because it would be easier to play a second character longer than 1 generation and dont sacrifice after every first gen (taking too much time).
no, all of the loomed things your alt has, go to your main.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:11 pm »
I dont understand this correctly?!   :?

I have 4 Chars and play all of them...
I dont retire anymore with my main, I did it just for one Masterwork weapon.

Now I just wanna play with all of my 4 chars to have fun and no more grinding.
When I ever will reach like lvl 33 with one of them I would be happy.
But for now I dont grind, I just play and lvls dont matter for me.

Grinding is for me from lvl 1-30/31 because I fucking hate it. Slow as shit, no dmg, cant wear stuff and so on. This is grinding for me.
After 30/31 I play just for fun...

Ok now,
what is this Sacrifice exaclty?

Offline Hippy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fiber One
  • Game nicks: Oats
  • IRC nick: Oats
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 03:21:14 pm »
+2
Read the forum
Ban all Reddit

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »
31-32 isn't even a big grind. Talk to Kesh.

My main is generation 1.

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »
+1.

I worked my ass off to get my main to level 32 and I want to stay high level, I think it's stupid to put a level restriction. Sacrificing an alt for heirlooms is enough.

I disagree.  If you make the decision to not retire at level 31, and to keep grinding levels so you get that extra 2 or 3 skills or attributes that's you choice.  But you still shouldn't be able to also get more looms for this char. 

i think the dev's have it perfect in this situation.  But they should move the level from 5 to 30.  Like Meow said, at level 31 you either retire or keep grinding.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33:53 pm »
You know what would be rather logical to do if they dont want Non-retiring characters to get looms?

Dont make it level 4 maximum, make it level 30.

That way, People that grind farther than the retirement level won´t be able to sacrifice their alts, while everone else can.Problem solved.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 07:49:20 pm »
Please make it possible to sacrifice to an alt character of your choice, not just the main character.

Offline Kastu

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »
Does the alt character's money transfer as well? If not, why?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:27 pm »
because alts dont pay upkeep untill lvl 25
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 10:32:57 pm »
I disagree.  If you make the decision to not retire at level 31, and to keep grinding levels so you get that extra 2 or 3 skills or attributes that's you choice.  But you still shouldn't be able to also get more looms for this char. 

i think the dev's have it perfect in this situation.  But they should move the level from 5 to 30.  Like Meow said, at level 31 you either retire or keep grinding.

You have the right to disagree but you offer no reason for disagreeing.
Here are the reasons I think heirlooming with alt should be allowed.
1. You still have to put the same or more of time to retire as with main (main usually higher gen so would be quicker getting looms on it)
2. Changes to items/upkeep. The devs are constantly making balance changes (which they are doing a great job on) so looms you did before you stopped retiring get nerfed or changed dramaticly. For a personal example I heirloomed the items I wanted before I stopped retiring but updates to upkeep costs make it so I can't afford that gear anymore. I can grind in cheap gear (not leaching) for hours and hours to afford buying a loom. (which I have done)
or they could allow me to play on an alt using normal gear and after retiring transfer to main so I can afford heirloomed normal gear on main. I think allowing heirloom (not gold) transfer is less disruptive to gameplay.
3. People will get the items anyway so we need to balance for the future not the immediate.
All you are doing by disallowing heirlooming for people with over 31 mains is making it harder on the people who are really keeping the mod vibrant. I will eventually get the heirloomed items i want, would you rather i got them by playing with my level 34 char slowly getting gold or leveling up another char which is what you say will keep the game balanced. (not leveling my main to 35)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:10:34 pm by Murchad »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 12:44:26 am »
You have the right to disagree but you offer no reason for disagreeing.
Here are the reasons I think heirlooming with alt should be allowed.
1. You still have to put the same or more of time to retire as with main (main usually higher gen so would be quicker getting looms on it)
2. Changes to items/upkeep. The devs are constantly making balance changes (which they are doing a great job on) so looms you did before you stopped retiring get nerfed or changed dramaticly. For a personal example I heirloomed the items I wanted before I stopped retiring but updates to upkeep costs make it so I can't afford that gear anymore. I can grind in cheap gear (not leaching) for hours and hours to afford buying a loom. (which I have done)
or they could allow me to play on an alt using normal gear and after retiring transfer to main so I can afford heirloomed normal gear on main. I think allowing heirloom (not gold) transfer is less disruptive to gameplay.
3. People will get the items anyway so we need to balance for the future not the immediate.
All you are doing by disallowing heirlooming for people with over 31 mains is making it harder on the people who are really keeping the mod vibrant. I will eventually get the heirloomed items i want, would you rather i got them by playing with my level 34 char slowly getting gold or leveling up another char which is what you say will keep the game balanced. (not leveling my main to 35)

The reason's are self explanatory.  If you make the decision to keep leveling beyond 31, you have clear advantages towards your stats.  One of the things that you trade off, is the ability to loom more items. 

At least now for people still trying to obtain looms they are able to do so with their alts.  I don't think it makes sense to allow people to get MORE looms on their main without retiring (other than grinding gold, which would take a hell of a lot longer to make 400-500k than to retire an alt). 

And to your question, I'd prefer they kept the old system, the looms are tied to the characters.  I don't think  you should be able to level a guy up to 34, and then keep retiring alts to make looms for your level 34 character.  I think that's too big of an advantage.  If you want to keep getting looms, keep grinding the gold, or keep retiring your char.  Seems like a good balance to me.

Otherwise you get into the balance issues.  People who have played the longest, and put in the most time are already going to be the best players (generally speaking, because they've put in the most time getting "good" at the game).  But then you throw in extra stats (if you're over level 31) and better equipment (looms), and now you take a player that by all means should be better than the rest of the field (if you had equal stats and equipment) and just made them even better.  That's one thing I never liked about games where you "level up" to unlock better items.  It becomes less focused on skill, and more focused on who has the best pixel crack.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:48:33 am by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:59 am »
Ok
The reason's are self explanatory.  If you make the decision to keep leveling beyond 31, you have clear advantages towards your stats.  One of the things that you trade off, is the ability to loom more items. 

At least now for people still trying to obtain looms they are able to do so with their alts.  I don't think it makes sense to allow people to get MORE looms on their main without retiring (other than grinding gold, which would take a hell of a lot longer to make 400-500k than to retire an alt). 

And to your question, I'd prefer they kept the old system, the looms are tied to the characters.  I don't think  you should be able to level a guy up to 34, and then keep retiring alts to make looms for your level 34 character.  I think that's too big of an advantage.  If you want to keep getting looms, keep grinding the gold, or keep retiring your char.  Seems like a good balance to me.

Otherwise you get into the balance issues.  People who have played the longest, and put in the most time are already going to be the best players (generally speaking, because they've put in the most time getting "good" at the game).  But then you throw in extra stats (if you're over level 31) and better equipment (looms), and now you take a player that by all means should be better than the rest of the field (if you had equal stats and equipment) and just made them even better.  That's one thing I never liked about games where you "level up" to unlock better items.  It becomes less focused on skill, and more focused on who has the best pixel crack.
It is an unnecessary restriction. you can't level your main at the same time as level your alt to get heirloom points. 35 is still the level cap. I already have full loomed gear and some alternate loomed gear on my main. it's not like i can use more than one at a time to stack bonuses why not let me heirloom more items if I want? It won't make me any stronger but sometimes it is fun to change things up.
Once you have gotten to the higher levels with your main retiring is out of the question because all the time spent to get to higher level is wasted.
Your argument is based on the assumption that someone who levels up to 35 won't also have full loomed gear. It just makes it so the people who have leveled past 31 will never use their alts anymore and will never be any other type of char besides what their main is because they have to keep grinding gold if they want any more heirlooms on the main.
If they could be playing on their alt trying out different builds all the while still helping their main; not get stronger (because they already have loomed gear) but just different gear for variety.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:30 am »
this only helps people who have many chars which have retired. Which is no where near the majority of players.

It should be able to be done at any point and it combines gold and loomed items to your main. Doesn't delete your alt.

You put all the time in anyway all your items are yours