Author Topic: Version 0.260  (Read 58047 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Version 0.260
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:25 am »
Then you probably need this :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

not a medieval bow.

I don't want to be a fucking sniperarcher but this retarded new patch is exactly trying to make us all snipers

I just got hit by a heavy throwing axe with 0 if and 28body armour (1x loomed tribal warrior outfit) and it took less than 1/4 of my health. But a guy with a sword can onehit me. Yeah sure, I guess because of gravitation the axe is so slow and soft, that it would actually tickle me  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:31:35 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2012, 12:32:22 am »
Hes simply Jelly, look at any archer related posts he made :D

Haha, Must be.

I don't want to be a fucking sniperarcher but this retarded new patch is exactly trying to make us all snipers

Oh, what's the problem? You actually have to aim your pew pew bow?
Aww :/ Poor fella, not getting such easy kills anymore.

Stop QQ-ing against the change, and adapt. Archery is.. even more deadly now in good hands than before.

Ah, I see you bring up realism a lot of times.

Well, let's see, if this would be based on total 100% uber realism, your precious arrows would bounce off of any plate armor, unless you use a Longbow, and Bodkins. Still you'd need damn luck to kill someone with it.

While a melee strike in reality (in a common archer "armor") would instantly render you useless on the battlefield, therefore you die.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:35:37 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2012, 12:33:24 am »
+1

No, this patch forces you to actually aim at your targets. It forces you too practise your awareness and get skilled. This patch ended the amount of noob archers, that think rooftop camping and spamming arrows into crowds makes them good.

Too be honest, i havent heard any imo skilled archer whine about this new patch yet.

But again, you can always choose the easy mode, and become a high PD hornbow noob and be a kill wh0re
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:36:43 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2012, 12:36:54 am »
I agree that arrows should deal less damage to plate and other heavy armour. But seriously... getting shot in chest when wearing leather crap found in trashcan I really should go down when shot in chest couple times.

Yeah skill bla bla, it's same as asking for melee to always hit head as well then. "Just aim in head nubs".

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2012, 12:37:42 am »

Oh, what's the problem? You actually have to aim your pew pew bow?

I never played pew pew the way I played, but I don't expect much from you anyway

Ah, I see you bring up realism a lot of times.

Well, let's see, if this would be based on total 100% uber realism, your precious arrows would bounce off of any plate armor, unless you use a Longbow, and Bodkins. Still you'd need damn luck to kill someone with it.

While a melee strike in reality (in a common archer "armor") would instantly render you useless on the battlefield, therefore you die.

Ah yeah, I forgot you are an expert on medieval weaponry etc cause you play a computergame. Sorry, my bad. Of course you can still walk with 2 arrows in your chest, how can I forget that

No, this patch forces you to actually aim at your targets. It forces you too practise your awareness and get skilled. This patch ended the amount of noob archers, that think rooftop camping and spamming arrows into crowds makes them good.

Says the rusbow archer
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:39:43 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2012, 12:38:04 am »
Yeah skill bla bla, it's same as asking for melee to always hit head as well then. "Just aim in head nubs".

FYI: Good melee players aim for the head, whenever possible, and not under the stress of fighting multiple opponents.

I never played pew pew the way I played, but I don't expect much from you anyway

Erm.. your point being?

Ah yeah, I forgot you are an expert on medieval weaponry etc cause you play a computergame. Sorry, my bad. Of course you can still walk with 2 arrows in your chest, how can I forget that

No, I am not an expert on medieval weaponry, but I'm interested of the subject.

Yes, you can walk around with 2 arrows in your chest, IF it's protected by plate armor, that only special arrowhead types can go through.
Most archers got no such thing, and they were used in masses to do volley fire, which means that their power is in the numbers, so all alone, against a fully armored person, they are useless. England is an extremity of europe in this regard, though.

I love how you desperately try to make me look bad, stupid or something. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:44:43 am by Christo »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2012, 12:39:06 am »
+1

Last time I checked melee have to get close range and their attacks don't get through blocks.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:43 am »
+1
Well I'm playing melee currently and it's just piss easy to run straight at archer. Taking 2-3 arrows in chest while engaging (no need to dodge) and still have over half hp in my health bar when I'm wearing hardly any armour? That's "ok" then? I see, you are playing melee as well but just want to top some scores and do it easy way. Sorry but I want to have some challenge and realism.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:04 am »
Says the rusbow archer

Well i got a MW Longbow as well. i switch between rus bow and Longbow all the time. If the enemy team has alot of tin cans or cav, i swap to my Longbow and hunt them down. Less kills ofcourse, but realy helpfull to your team.

Rememebr that Archery is meant to be a support class.

Well I'm playing melee currently and it's just piss easy to run straight at archer. Taking 2-3 arrows in chest while engaging (no need to dodge) and still have over half hp in my health bar when I'm wearing hardly any armour? That's "ok" then? I see, you are playing melee as well but just want to top some scores and do it easy way. Sorry but I want to have some challenge and realism.

its not realism, its a game. I know loads of game characters that took an in the kn33, and can still chase your thru Whiterun :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:44:45 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2012, 12:44:03 am »
+1

Sadly wrong game for that.

I have no problem to die after one shot from a good bow or arbalest and I also don't mind getting onehit killed by a massive sword.
I hate games in which you can survive dozens of hits/shots.
But here realism means you can survive 3 arrows, but you can't survive any hit from a sword :)

Rememebr that Archery is meant to be a support class.

And 2h people without cover are meant to be the killers or what?  If someone has no shield he has to die to arrows. I have a little hammer so I have to die to big swords etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:45:14 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
And 2h people without cover are meant to be the killers or what?  If someone has no shield he has to die to arrows. I have a little hammer so I have to die to big swords etc.

Were discussing archers now, your point.. if there is any is invalid to this discussion. But anyways, if i see a 2hander, that is nowhere near the battle, or not a direct threat. I leave them and focus on direct threats to the team instead, like a support role should do.

The good 2handers i know, they merge with there team, uses the team as cover, and moves out when the battle clashes. Sure, there 2handers that go Rambo style.. and they face the consequences.

Basicly what i do when i play, i roam around hunting cav and soften up tin cans. If i see a teammate fighting i help him out. Relieving your teammates from combat, so they can press on to another target. Realy it helps your team flustercuck to keep together and zerg. It does actually win rounds.

My archer role is like a shepards dog, i roam around the zerg. I help out the sheep that got lost, and pick of any cav or backstab threat. Keeping the zerg together :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:00:25 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2012, 12:48:34 am »
+1
Well I'm playing melee currently and it's just piss easy to run straight at archer. Taking 2-3 arrows in chest while engaging (no need to dodge) and still have over half hp in my health bar when I'm wearing hardly any armour?

Hah, good luck with that.

Just don't run into an experienced archer who will hit your head while you don't even do basic dodging manouvers.

That will hurt.  :)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
jambi being mad means this archery nerf needs another

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2012, 12:50:04 am »
jambi being mad means this archery nerf needs another

Yes yes, Nerf hornbows :D
Love will tear us apart.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2012, 12:50:15 am »
Well I just did that during my 3 hours playing and did it more than once. Taking arrow and jarid in chest while engaging, losing less than half hp is quite ridiculous if you ask me. But sure, you as melee dude are happy with that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:55:37 am by bonekuukkeli »