Author Topic: If you play Siege/Battle on EU servers read this pls  (Read 892 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
If you play Siege/Battle on EU servers read this pls
« on: January 15, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »
Official Server Rules: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Most commonly misunderstood/argued about rules: (Battle) No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive) : So if there's 4 archers on a roof and 1 melee on their team on the ground, and there's 10 guys on the other team who cant reach the archers, get off.

In general, if you're on an unreachable roof nearing round end, just try to have some awareness because you will be kicked and you will lose your multi for sure.

(Siege)
OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement 

Dont spawn a shit load of CS to block doors with - it's just game breaking. Dont place ladders as a defender with the explicit intent of destroying attacker ladders. Placing a ladder along a wall in the usual prime hot spots where attackers will try to place theirs is not allowed.

Some people think that blocking a door with a ladder is not allowed - it IS but just not 1500 at once. One or two... max.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: If you play Siege/Battle on EU servers read this pls
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 04:32:15 pm »
+4
Official Server Rules: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Most commonly misunderstood/argued about rules: (Battle) No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive) : So if there's 4 archers on a roof and 1 melee on their team on the ground, and there's 10 guys on the other team who cant reach the archers, get off.

In general, if you're on an unreachable roof nearing round end, just try to have some awareness because you will be kicked and you will lose your multi for sure.
I recommend admins to stop warning roofcamping delayers and just kick them. They always gets warned first which has lead them to await the warning to get down until they actually get down. Now you could say that is fine, but when there is no admin on, the warning won't come and they will keep delaying.

Please kick them without warning so they'll learn to think for themselves if it might be time to get down.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »
why are you as a defender not allowed to use counter laddering? :P or place them where you think the enemy might go..
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »
I gave some ideas the other day to cmp and the rest, but nothing else was added as asked as a feedback in this thread, you might then take some into consideration, i hope.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,23742.msg343037.html#msg343037

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:59:20 pm »
why are you as a defender not allowed to use counter laddering? :P or place them where you think the enemy might go..

yea i hate the fact that you are not allow to spam CS or ladders to help defend because attackers can just win very easily without putting them. with two handed weapon you can destory a CS very easily. and ladders can be destory by attacker after they have reach the wall.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:02:02 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:18:14 pm »
What about just building a weapon rack that is not blocking anything for the use of switching weapons

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
yea i hate the fact that you are not allow to spam CS or ladders to help defend because attackers can just win very easily without putting them. with two handed weapon you can destory a CS very easily. and ladders can be destory by attacker after they have reach the wall.

Because if you allow it they will get spammed in a massive way. We had this it was not fun.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:15:05 pm »
if attackers didnt win most maps then it wouldnt be needed :P