Poll

No multi No repair

Yes
45 (77.6%)
No
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: No multi No repair  (Read 1176 times)

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
No multi No repair
« on: January 13, 2012, 05:46:02 am »
+9
When it says teams are not fair to justify a multiplier there should be no repairs.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: No multi No repair
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:10:31 am »
YES.

please.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:38 am »
If you'r at a x5 you should cut repairs to encourage crutching
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:47:59 am »
No!
Would just end in moneygrinding on low populated servers :/

Maybe a reduce would be good for that occasion, but removing repcosts would be bad

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:42 am »
No!

Maybe a reduce would be good for that occasion, but removing repcosts would be bad
I say it's non repeatable. It can be done once a map. Still farm-able but the ban hammer is still usable.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:20:53 am »
Oh yeah sure. I forgot we have so many admins and they are usually on server with 10 players :lol:

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:22:16 am »
Oh yeah sure. I forgot we have so many admins and they are usually on server with 10 players :lol:
There's always somone that will rage quit and report the rest. And if aboozed Ban Thi noobs! OR When there's no repairs there's no exp/money gain!

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:56:52 am »
+1
No!

Duel servers currently give you gold and no repair, and it doesn't look like people are using it to moneygrind. Servers don't start their timer if there's only one person in them either. You could have a point if clans stick two people in each server but then I think that would be easy to see after the fact, which is why there are no more Deathmatch servers...

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:11 am »
+1
No multi No repair

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:03 am »
No good gear No good KD

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »
+2
No repair - No money - No exp

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 12:55:41 pm »

This. If you get money and exp per round, and you do with 1x, you should also pay for your gear. The system right now is alright. If you wear expensive gear it is your own problem, if you wear cheap gear you always get additional money. I am currently going by gear worth 6-15k and the highest repair costs were around 600 ever.
If everyone would think like that, we wouldnt have those plated guys and a bit more off balance (at least whenever people do not have enough money to pay those repair costs, but many have a lot of money anyway ;D).

So no.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:56:49 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »
This. If you get money and exp per round, and you do with 1x, you should also pay for your gear. The system right now is alright. If you wear expensive gear it is your own problem, if you wear cheap gear you always get additional money. I am currently going by gear worth 6-15k and the highest repair costs were around 600 ever.
If everyone would think like that, we wouldnt have those plated guys and a bit more off balance (at least whenever people do not have enough money to pay those repair costs, but many have a lot of money anyway ;D).

So no.

I use under 16k of gear, have done for a gen and half. Most people on the AUS server also use very cheap gear. But trust me, when rounds drag out for 3min and everyone is stuck on an x1 even on my gear I start to go backwards, it is possible. The trouble is that the cost of playing on a low pop server drives a whole bunch of AUS players over to NA when the pop is low.

Why not have it that you can't get gold bellow the 5 people mark and you don't cope repair.

That leave only 2 things going on, the slowest possible xp grind :/ I mean who the fuck would bother? But if you remove the XP tick as well then its just going to drive more people out of our server, and make the problem we have now worse. That problem is that people would rather play on NA or not play at all when the pop is super low. Most times however if 4 people sit on the server for half an hour the pop will shot up to 10 or 15 and its all fun and games again. When the server in AUS is so dead I can't get a multi I play NA with 250 ping (fucking addictive multi bs :( )

That leaves the only possible thing you could gain is ALTHWHPO... And that has almost complete irrelevance now. What type of useless human being is legitimately going to sit there with uber expensive gear hoping like arse that they would get a crafting tick??? bleh! BLEH! And if you can remove the other things from bellow that level why wouldn't you just remove that as well.

Cheers,
Frank
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:07:22 pm by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »

A server with 10 players will be able to obtain a multi so...? I don't get what you're trying to say.

^ I like it, no multiplier - no repair - no money - no xp if the teams are "not justified" but afaik the calculations are done at the end of the round to determine if we get a multi or not so I don't know if that would work or not.

I was mainly thinking about those times where you have a x5 and auto balance switches the teams around but makes them "NOT FAIR TO JUSTIFY A MULTIPLIER" in those situations you're wearing your decent gear, you're trying your hardest, & then when you win. Well you get nothing but a face full of repairs, if you lose, you lose your hard earned multi & get a face full of repairs & the winning team doesn't even earn a multi so now both sides are at x1 and were raped by repair.

After auto balance is done fooling around it usually fixes the teams. It's not always autobalance either, sometimes team mates leave and it makes the teams "NOT FAIR TO JUSTIFY A MULTI" not that you would have known before you spawned with your good gear.

anyways here's a rhyme to make the idea even more likable.

Rounds not fair, no repair. x_x
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:36:10 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »
I support this, will allow me to play siege or battle (however battle is nearly always on a high enough population) late at night on EU... besides, the duel server already gives rewards with no upkeep.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.