Poll

Do we need immediate changes regarding the amount of ranged and cavalry in cRPG ?

Yes
76 (21.2%)
No
86 (24%)
Yes,but only for ranged
67 (18.7%)
Yes, but only for cavalry
20 (5.6%)
No, just remove the roofcamping
109 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 357

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 01:23:06 am

Author Topic: The state of cRPG  (Read 25136 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: The state of cRPG
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 01:48:33 am »
Well, all we can do is try over and over and over again till the point where he gets the message the community is trying to bring to him. I'm sure we wouldn't mind seeing another workaround for the problems mentioned above, but so far we can't come up with any other alternatives.

We need a community manager, who overtakes the dialogue between chadz (+ other devs) and the community. Of course they can't read and answer every topic or post, but someone who spends a lot of time in the forum (Tears?  :lol: ) could read most of it, comprehend it and then transmit it to chadz, who can give short answers (Yes, No, Maybe).

It would be nice to have the developers actually LOOK into the suggestion forum, even if it would be via their community manager, as I think everyone who made the effort to post a suggestion deserves the effort to recieve an answer, if possible with a proper reasoning.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BerG

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader Aliance
  • Game nicks: SB_BerG
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 01:49:39 am »
map makers must stop making village maps and try to be creative with terrain rather than playing with placement of the buildings...

than jacko need to put them in rotation, i think it would help

Yeah, this too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 01:52:36 am »
If something must be done against roofcamping without altering the gameplay, we need to REMOVE the placeable ladders and EDIT the already placed map ladders to have BALANCED and REACHABLE ranged positions.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:00 am »
Ujin you know, that such a thread will just end in a "nerf ranged/ nerf cav" thread?   :rolleyes:

If people had such big problems regarding ranged, they would all play on melee servers. Not many do. Why? Seems ranged aren't as big as a problem as peopel try to show it :rolleyes:

I'm against all these "old types" with only random plains and all that shit. These end in stupid camping and waiting and a stupid charge at the end. Yay  :rolleyes:

I have to agree, that villages, towns and also roofs add lots of depth to this game.
Yes I am an archer.
No I don't like roofcamping either. I usually stay on the ground unless the server is crowded with cav.

The only thing, that needs to be done is the balance so that ranged and cav are divided on both teams in a good way.

Btw guys, today new maprotation started on servers - less random villages, more custom maps etc etc. Test it out before continuing to cry about all the random villages etc. I played alot on EU1 today and for the first time since months I was glad about the map rotation
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:55:44 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:15 am »
If something must be done against roofcamping without altering the gameplay, we need to REMOVE the placeable ladders and EDIT the already placed map ladders to have BALANCED and REACHABLE ranged positions.

It is a few meters behind the allied infantry. If latter goes down, you are at the ranged fighters. Sounds fair to me.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:02 am »
+1
Ask a clan with a 100+ Slot server to host a weekend of ladder free battle.
Insta ban everyone who brings ladders, password it and post the password in the event thread so randomers with ladders stay out.

Then give feedback. :mrgreen:

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 01:56:21 am »
The problem is to lower their attractivity without changing their effectivity. And to be honest, I don't have a clue how to achieve this.  :?

Pretty much sums it up.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 01:59:32 am »
Pretty much sums it up.
Let's all take flu medicine and have a brainstorm about it ?

@ Gisbert, i wanted to respond to your post today, but then i took an arrow to the roof.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:49 am »
@Gisbert.

You've got to be kidding me.

You say that plains are camp festivals with a final charge.

Tell me, what are village fights? Better?

"Adding a lot of depth.."

That part made me lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:10 am »

@ Gisbert, i wanted to respond to your post today, but then i took an arrow to the roof.

Just because you don't like roofs doesn't mean you are allowed to shoot them :O

I know what you meant with this thread Ujin, but as you might see, people immediately start suggesting ranged damage and accuracy nerfs etc etc etc.

But when something like rightswing loses a bit of its speed, which is hardly recognisable (I really think that only a handful of players in this game really felt it and that the rest just started to whine because they heard from others it is slower now), people will immediately start crying and saying how unfair any nerf to their class is :rolleyes:

@Gisbert.

You've got to be kidding me.

You say that plains are camp festivals with a final charge.

Tell me, what are village fights? Better?

"Adding a lot of depth.."

That part made me lol.

Well in a village people at least try to do some stuff (if there are smart people online to initiate it) instead of waiting on a hill behind a "shieldwall" (oh great, the only tactic we know is take the hill) until timer says 2 minutes and then stupidly charging forward

You can laugh about it as much as you want Christo. It is my opinion and this game is not a melee game. That is something most of you guys seem to forget every second minute...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:05:53 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:02 am »
+1
Yeah, I hope that it won't turn into a thread like that.

Anyway, let the Brainstorming commence.

Get in here!

Well in a village people at least try to do some stuff (if there are smart people online to initiate it) instead of waiting on a hill behind a "shieldwall" (oh great, the only tactic we know is take the hill) until timer says 2 minutes and then stupidly charging forward

You can laugh about it as much as you want Christo. It is my opinion and this game is not a melee game. That is something most of you guys seem to forget every second minute...

I love how the typical ranged player is disgusted by the idea of the shield wall itself. Like it's the damn black death or something.
Listen, Village fights are basically this:

One team with a lot of ranged gets to a roof or high area, their melee isn't stupid so they will lure the enemy melee into their firing range, starting the main melee at a total disadvantage for the other team.

There is nothing you can do, in such a situation.
I guess you're dissing shield walls because you haven't played actual epic shield wall clashes. Or have you?

PS: And "Shield Wall" isn't the only Battlefield tactic in open fields. That's not true at all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:10:48 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:35 am »
you need people who actually play the game to make/suggest balance changes

i have completely stopped playing battle, inf is worthless as hell and is the only challenging way to play m&b, archery shouldnt have polestagger, it shouldnt ever go trough any shield (who the fuck uses a shield with a pole/2h now? nobody, theyre worthless, youre better off with 3 more ironflesh to tank the arrow  :rolleyes:) wpf should matter more on melee, agility should have a weapon speed boost and you should nerf the fuck out of heirlooms/make them easier to get for new players

cav should have some radical changes applied to them but i have no idea how, marketplace bypass any kind of upkeep balance, so balancing to cost is sooo  2010... I'd just completely remove any armored cav(destrier+) but thats kind of harsh, but seriously you cant balance anything by cost anymore

my opinion, food for thoughts

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 02:10:35 am »
+1
Just because you don't like roofs doesn't mean you are allowed to shoot them :O

I know what you meant with this thread Ujin, but as you might see, people immediately start suggesting ranged damage and accuracy nerfs etc etc etc.

But when something like rightswing loses a bit of its speed, which is hardly recognisable (I really think that only a handful of players in this game really felt it and that the rest just started to whine because they heard from others it is slower now), people will immediately start crying and saying how unfair any nerf to their class is :rolleyes:
What does this have to do with the topic  ? I stated already that i'm not calling for a direct nerf to any class and i sincerely doubt the developers will take any of the ranged haters posts into consideration anyway. And i don't care about people crying in other topic neither.

As for adding depth to the game. Well, let's put it that way - if all the medieval fights were like the ones we have in cRPG, i doubt nowadays we'd be brushing our teeth twice a day, driving cars or having political crysises over nuclear bases. I think we'd just be putting more ladders on top of ladders. And IKEA would be the biggest corporation in the world.

I don't think it takes 100 rocket scientists to put a ladder to the rooftop, climb on it and then break it. Apparently it takes 200 rocket scientists to figure out how to balance this out though.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 02:17:02 am »
anybody requesting accuracy nerf is dumb imo

i mean seriously, why cant they get native like accuracy but way lower damage? atleast like this it could actually take some kind of skill and not herp derp i hope i hs him jajajajajajaj

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:43 am »
anybody requesting accuracy nerf is dumb imo

i mean seriously, why cant they get native like accuracy but way lower damage? atleast like this it could actually take some kind of skill and not herp derp i hope i hs him jajajajajajaj

native like accuracy takes some kind of skill ? i thought it was just point and click
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D