Author Topic: New Autobalance  (Read 7777 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
New Autobalance
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:58 am »
+18
In short: I hate it.

I never had any problems with the old system: I got into the weaker team for one map, then into the stronger the next. Some times x1 for several rounds, but also very often long x5 strikes. And I had allways fun trying to do good despite being on the weaker team. And sometimes even the supposed weaker team could surprise the other by a change of tactic (read: change running direction).

That is gone with the new system, you get switched all the time and - like in siege - you will be glad to have x5 for one or maximum two rounds. What makes this worse is that you no longer know which player is on your side and I also get confused on which spawn I start. Before the patch (after the first round) you knew: ah there is this extreme good cav on the enemy team, have an eye on him. Or there is this guy to stick with, and so on. Now that is totally gone, and when I get switched 4 times on 1 map I don't even bother to think on which side I am and where I go, just charge and be done.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
Re: New Autobalance
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:59:16 am »
+1
Yea too much team switchs really doesn't promote team play.

At least when you loose 2-3 time in a row people start to use their brain and try to adapt, but when you get teamswitch every two round or so there is no adapting just mindless rushs.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:00:30 am »
+1
Ok so I played over 2 hours this morning. I got once to x3 x4 and then it ended. Couple times I saw x2 (for one round before it ended because I was switched to losing side again) but that's all. Yesterday included and previous gaming, after patch I have seen x5 only 2 times and at that time it lasted for 1-2 rounds max. (and it's not like I havent been playing much, over 10h easily)

It's time to increase given exp per tick or reduce needed exp for lvl 31.

And... how you can manage any teamwork? Normally people have been talking in chat and planning where to charge/camp next round. Now... you never know which team/side you are playing next round as it seems to do rebalance every round. This is total randomness now and to put it simply: It sucks. Sure there's some good points there, but as it seems x1 and x2 is most common multies now, exp we gain is WAY too low.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:01:47 am by bonekuukkeli »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:01:57 am »
+1
In fact a long time ago I even suggested to make only one or two balance checks in siege as well, because I had no more fun with the constant switching. I stopped playing it because of that. Now what they do? They confuse it all and make battle balance work like in siege.  :rolleyes:

Offline Haragh

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Napauttaja_von_Perkele
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 11:04:49 am »
Totally agree. This needs to be changed as the way it was before. Every round swap-swap-swap x1-x2-x1-x2...
Old system was good as it was. Sometimes there were long x1 games but also there were rewarding x5 moments.

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:51:26 am »
Amusingly enough this autobalance has given me more 5x rows than the old system did. Less of those horrible 30min 1x games.

Offline ThisIsDro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:56:42 am »
New autobalance Is good. Now no 5/4 or 5/3 every map anymore. everyone has chances. But Banner balance really makes one team suck now if there is a full faction in the other.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:32 pm »
+3
Banner balance now sucks.. get teamswitched all the time and many more maps go to 9 rounds..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »
+1
Some maps I get team switched every round. Others I get team switched once. However, I have yet to play a map with no team switching at all. It is rather annoying and a bit silly.

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 01:21:38 pm »
It's almost impossible to get over x2 now unless lucky, and as stated above it's impossible to know what players are on what team, or even organize a change in tactics between rounds.

The old system wasn't perfect, but it's better than what we've got now.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »
+2
Was a bit over the top. I thought that, with the new refined banner balance, I could trigger it every round while keeping the teams the same. That didn't really work, but it shouldn't be a problem, the advantage of the new banner balance should still be noticeable even when disabling this.

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 02:19:52 pm »
I'm used to having long streaks of x1. However actually getting to x5 for a round or two counters that very well. To be stuck at x1 and x2 however means you'll never get neither enough money to pay for a decent (30k) outfit, nor get xp to get a new level this side of next new year.

The banner-balance should definitely make sure not to put too large groups of the same banner onto the same team, unless there can be a large group put into the opposite team as well. If not possible the large group of clan members *should* be split up to balance teams organization-wise.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:21:14 pm by Inkompetent »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 02:43:27 pm »
In short: I hate it.

I never had any problems with the old system: I got into the weaker team for one map, then into the stronger the next. Some times x1 for several rounds, but also very often long x5 strikes. And I had allways fun trying to do good despite being on the weaker team. And sometimes even the supposed weaker team could surprise the other by a change of tactic (read: change running direction).

That is gone with the new system, you get switched all the time and - like in siege - you will be glad to have x5 for one or maximum two rounds. What makes this worse is that you no longer know which player is on your side and I also get confused on which spawn I start. Before the patch (after the first round) you knew: ah there is this extreme good cav on the enemy team, have an eye on him. Or there is this guy to stick with, and so on. Now that is totally gone, and when I get switched 4 times on 1 map I don't even bother to think on which side I am and where I go, just charge and be done.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 02:55:53 pm »
I think the new system team-switches too much.

It is funny when two clans are the majority of a server, and the balance just switches the clans every round.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »
+1
The idea is awesome. You get to play with your friends. It should be based on PIN or something like that instead of banner though to avoid banner leeching :D

But yeah, there are too many swaps right now at least for a player without a huge pile of friends.