Author Topic: A niice one handed cavman's build.  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
A niice one handed cavman's build.
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
Hello good fellows. I am an old, scarred warrior who has given all he has in the great war. However, i fear that my fighting days are now over, and i plan to hand over all my items to my heir.

basically i wanna goo 1H cav and i has brought a courser loom, so i need 18 agi minimum(unless some good lad would trade ir for a destrier.

Strength: 21
    Agility: 18

Skills to attributes: 8

Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 4
    Athletics: 4
    Riding: 6
    Weapon Master: 2

One Handed: 123

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18

Skills to attributes: 2

Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 5
    Athletics: 6
    Riding: 6
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 123

Which one?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: A niice one handed cavman's build.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »
Both are nice.

First might deal a bit more damage, but the second is a great all-rounder, more athletics and shield skill protection.

So, if you want more damage on horseback, Pick the first one, however, you will have to sacrifice mobility on foot, and shield durability.

I'd pick the second one, I was a 18/18 Cav/inf build back in the day.

And it was alright.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:05:50 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:03 am »
I recommend 1 in throwing or bringing a light crossbow with yourself... thats often enough to get a lancer (horse) or a 2h with long reach to leave you alone or to kill them slowly. Especially letting a lancer come towards you, hit him once so he twitches and then when his horse stops next to yours, just laugh and bash away at them.

If you are fighting vs a lancer as 1h, I´d normally go for the horse first and you really have to use your shield/speed to give yourself a advantage over his reach (the slower you both are, the better... just keep turning around him till you are both slowed, then stick close).

For weapons I found the italian falchion to be a perfect weapon if you get dismounted a lot (works well even without a shield) and for a lower level.

The Arabian cav sword has good reach, great swing damage and workes really well vs other riders (and there horses) - you might have to hit a few more times, but it is a good weapon mounted and dismounted.

The steel pick is for a very unthankful and hard role, but game winning - hit the biggest tincan you can find and watch them die to 33 p - this needs some training, since it seems to be by far the hardest weapon regularly used (by me) to hit with from horse, but after a while you just have the "bump to de-shield-strike" timing down.

The WarHammer works especially well on a higher str build and really works well vs everything, though it does suffer if you are dismounted - suprise enemys with the high reach of it´s piercing attack, but go for the kill with a swing - learn when you can stop to keep beating at a downed enemy and when it´s time to move on (lancers/inf incoming). 

The most easy victim for the mounted 1h/shield player would be archers, 1h (shielder) enemy inf, especially the later will soon have nightmares about your shield bumping charges. You are far better off if you get dismounted then that lancer and the shield really helps vs the 24/7 archer/x-bow spam.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:10 am »
I thought he was asking for a 1 handed caveman build.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:21:35 am »
I thought he was asking for a 1 handed caveman build.

lol

also...
I recommend 1 in throwing or bringing a light crossbow with yourself... thats often enough to get a lancer (horse) or a 2h with long reach to leave you alone or to kill them slowly. Especially letting a lancer come towards you, hit him once so he twitches and then when his horse stops next to yours, just laugh and bash away at them.

If you are fighting vs a lancer as 1h, I´d normally go for the horse first and you really have to use your shield/speed to give yourself a advantage over his reach (the slower you both are, the better... just keep turning around him till you are both slowed, then stick close).

For weapons I found the italian falchion to be a perfect weapon if you get dismounted a lot (works well even without a shield) and for a lower level.

The Arabian cav sword has good reach, great swing damage and workes really well vs other riders (and there horses) - you might have to hit a few more times, but it is a good weapon mounted and dismounted.

The steel pick is for a very unthankful and hard role, but game winning - hit the biggest tincan you can find and watch them die to 33 p - this needs some training, since it seems to be by far the hardest weapon regularly used (by me) to hit with from horse, but after a while you just have the "bump to de-shield-strike" timing down.

The WarHammer works especially well on a higher str build and really works well vs everything, though it does suffer if you are dismounted - suprise enemys with the high reach of it´s piercing attack, but go for the kill with a swing - learn when you can stop to keep beating at a downed enemy and when it´s time to move on (lancers/inf incoming). 

The most easy victim for the mounted 1h/shield player would be archers, 1h (shielder) enemy inf, especially the later will soon have nightmares about your shield bumping charges. You are far better off if you get dismounted then that lancer and the shield really helps vs the 24/7 archer/x-bow spam.

you got some strange wep for 1h cav... but i love that... gonna have to try them!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:49:51 am »
I like the second build more. A little less damage, yes, but alot more survivability on food due to better athletics and shield skill.

I'd also really look into trading that courser for a destrier--your shorter weapon requires a more survivable horse than the courser, which a favorite of the lancer (long weapon).

I tried 1h cav for a gen. I hated it, mostly because I was so much better at lancer cav.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
I like the second build more. A little less damage, yes, but alot more survivability on food due to better athletics and shield skill.

I'd also really look into trading that courser for a destrier--your shorter weapon requires a more survivable horse than the courser, which a favorite of the lancer (long weapon).

I tried 1h cav for a gen. I hated it, mostly because I was so much better at lancer cav.
Hmm i traded my courser for a heavy lance coz i can make looaadz profit and i am going to try buy a destrier or war horse xD.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
If you insist on 18 agility, the 18/18 build is superiour imo. Much more versatile and the 1 PS difference isn't something you'll notice from horseback. You either kill somone in 1 hit or you need 2. 1 PS isn't going to change that (only on rare occasions).

I'd recommend a destrier and a sword type weapon. I'm using a military cleaver myself and it's length allready makes it tricky to hit people. With a warhammer or steel pick, you will hardly be able to hit other cavalry. Even when they're right in front of you, you can hardly reach them.

The best weapon imo are: arabian cav (high damage, long reach), knightly arming (decent damage, good reach, good stab) and the long espada (good reach, weak swing damage, very high thrust damage).

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)