Poll

Do you like my suggestions?

Yes.
14 (40%)
No.
21 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Crushtrough - My take on a fix  (Read 6467 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Crushtrough - My take on a fix
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:38:25 pm »
Hi guys, Magikarp here  :wink:

I've recently heard that crushtrough is getting removed from the barmace and long iron mace, I couldn't agree more!

But!:
Why remove it from cRPG in the first place? My post will be about the morningstar.

Current problems with crushtrough:
- All blunt weapons, giving knockdown and high damage, biggest mistake ever.
- Crushtrough too frequent, even on low ps.
- Crushtroughs go trough chamber blocks
- Too much whine about it

Fixes, according to my plan
- Remove crushtrough from blunt weapons, except great maul and polehammer.
- Nerf Morningstar damage to 35 pierce, remove bonus against shield, give it crushtrough back and make the cost equal to great maul.
- Make crushtroughs less frequent against higher ps opponents
- Make crushtroughs impossible for low strength characters, only for high ones (full str preferably)
- Make heirlooms a necessary thing to give it crushtrough traits (Morningstar)
- Don't make heirlooms give the items weight bonuses
- Chambers against crushtroughs should work.

This in my opinion would be more balanced. Instead of the rash decision to remove it entirely.

Thanks for reading!

~Magikarp
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:29:10 am by Magikarp »
Don't mind the fish.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Crushtrough - My take on a fix
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »
If only high str can use crushthrough weapon,then it will be very slow.People will learn chambers against this weapon,and it will be useles.So if to do it in this way,chambers should not work.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:12:11 pm by DarkFox »

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »
If only high str can use crushthrough weapon,then it will be very slow.People will learn chambers against this weapon,and it will be useles.So if to do it in this way,chambers should not work.
I think half of the whole plan is tat crushthrough shouldn't be that big of an advantage so that people who know how to chamber can take out a crushthrough guy easily
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:49:52 pm »
I think half of the whole plan is tat crushthrough shouldn't be that big of an advantage so that people who know how to chamber can take out a crushthrough guy easily
Indeed.

Crushtrough is a fun class to play, but it needs to be less accessable and powerful. It also needs better counters.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:13 pm »
Indeed.

Crushtrough is a fun class to play, but it needs to be less accessable and powerful. It also needs better counters.
Advantage against mauls should have people who is good in moving and timing,as it works now.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 11:31:45 pm »
Why shouldn't the morningstar have a bonus against shields? Then it'll be back to pretty much just axes being good against shields.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 11:38:35 pm »
Advantage against mauls should have people who is good in moving and timing,as it works now.

People with ALL shield move worse than maul users.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 12:08:58 am »
Why shouldn't the morningstar have a bonus against shields? Then it'll be back to pretty much just axes being good against shields.
Morningstar used to be crushtrough without bonus against shields.

Having both would be OP imo.

My fix nerfs the class tremendously, but allows for compensation in the future. I'm scared that crushtrough will never return if the devs go on with the radical decision of removing it.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Lestos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DHaran Legion
  • Game nicks: DL_Lestos, DL_Salfallen, The_Last_Dharan
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 12:16:43 am »
erm lol really? i have a heavy great maul with 6 ps right now and it can crush through blocks but it only stumbles them dosnt even hurt them. then they spam me to death before i can even get my heavy weapon back up to attack again. not top mention i have to hug every one to use it, which means unless i can manual block im screwed against pole arm and if im not mistaken its the slowest weapon in the game. in order to crush through a huscarl reliable i need 7 ps. meaning i need a str build and it has to be a fairly one sided build, and as i am right now if i miss im dead unless i got a nice team mate there with me. main point if u know how to move and side step which any decent player should then u have no rason to complain about the great maul. i can only get close to u if im better then u with my footwork or if u just suck with ure longer weapons.

P.S. this is aimed at urlurker there.

P.S.S and magickarp u say weapons crush through to frequently now? even with low ps u cant even crush through unless u have high PS and its only overhands that are crush through. we lose length when we do that and its even slower then before although i spose if u know how to use the great maul because of how slow it is u can change ure swing direction mid swing fairly easily its fun to smash someones head in who thought that being behind me was safe. my whole argument is mainly against shilds but ya know manual blocking has to have some kind of weakness, i mean its not as if u can llose your wep or u can break your weapon by blocking with it.
besides that dont even bring the bar mace into this its being nerfed very soon along with one of the other crush through weps dont remember which one but 2 of them are being taken away the faster ones are losing the crush through.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:31:04 am by Lestos »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 12:17:09 am »
The biggest "fix" for crushthroughs is making chamber blocks work against them.  It's retarded that the hardest maneuver to pull off successfully on purpose - chamber blocks - gets crushed through anyways.

Chambers take more skill than overhead crush spamming, therefore it should work.  Chamberblocks SHOULD render a crush useless.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 01:15:11 am »
Chambers take more skill than overhead crush spamming, therefore it should work.  Chamberblocks SHOULD render a crush useless.
You dont understund what you are talking about.Chambers are not so hard to do,and when you will have posibility to chamber crush,maul will become useless.Unskilled shielders will just spam overhead,and skilled will do chamber every maul overhead.Now you will say that chamber isnt easy,but when you will have  posibility to chamber crush,you will learn it and understand,that its quit easy.While maul vs shielder fighting,trust me,is much more hard to protect yourself against 1h 150 skill feinting then from great maul overhead,because 9 weigh does not allow you to dodge,and having 9 weight  shield with proper footwork allow you to block this maul,or strongly reduce the crush damage.I cant understund why people are complaining  if in native we had same maul with same stats but cheaper.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 01:38:17 am »
The maul is lots slower in Native. As I've said before, I can spam a mauler in Native every time they go for an overhead. In cRPG, against someone who doesn't suck and didn't go derpaherpa-full-strength-build, it's not possible.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:02 am »
The maul is lots slower in Native. As I've said before, I can spam a mauler in Native every time they go for an overhead. In cRPG, against someone who doesn't suck and didn't go derpaherpa-full-strength-build, it's not possible.

I spammed phyrex few times, so it's possible.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 01:45:27 am »
Hi guys, Magikarp here  :wink:

I've recently heard that crushtrough is getting removed from the barmace and long iron mace, I couldn't agree more!

But!:
Why remove it from cRPG in the first place? My post will be about the morningstar.

Current problems with crushtrough:
- All blunt weapons, giving knockdown and high damage, biggest mistake ever.
- Crushtrough too frequent, even on low ps.
- Crushtroughs go trough chamber blocks
- Too much whine about it

Fixes, according to my plan
- Remove crushtrough from blunt weapons, except great maul and polehammer.
- Nerf Morningstar damage to 35 pierce, remove bonus against shield, give it crushtrough back and make the cost equal to great maul.
- Make crushtroughs less frequent against higher ps opponents
- Make crushtroughs impossible for low strength characters, only for high ones (full str preferably)
- Make heirlooms a necessary thing to give it crushtrough traits (Morningstar)

This in my opinion would be more balanced. Instead of the rash decision to remove it entirely.

Thanks for reading!

~Magikarp

you should only be able to crushthrough someone weaker then you, or someone close to death.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 01:53:42 am »
I spammed phyrex few times, so it's possible.

With some 1h weapons, yes. Scimitar and sidesword, at least.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.