Author Topic: Ways to improve Strategus  (Read 929 times)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Ways to improve Strategus
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »
+2
To put it simply, Strategus is currently kinda boring. If you're in a clan, generally you just sit your ass in a village, grinding troops or crafting items to pass onto someone else. Then when your clan eventually (hopefully) attacks someone, you get to fight.

If you aren't in a clan, you're pretty much shit out of luck. There's nothing really for you to do.

I think we should introduce classes into Strategus. Different classes will give you benefits/penalties that will help with a specific play style. Here are a few that I just though of.

Warlord: Increased chance of recruiting troops, can support the most troops, decreased movement speed, increased sight range

Raider: Supports the least amount of troops, reduced movement penalty in rough terrain, reduced cooldown on quick march, shorter quick march duration, increased profit on selling goods, increased cost on purchasing goods, less efficient crafting

Trader: Supports medium amount of troops, crafting more efficient, decreased cost on purchasing goods

So the Warlord is the main attack force. With his increased chances of recruiting troops he can get up and running much faster. He can also support an unlimited amount of troops. With his slower movement, it will be more difficult to sneak up on people, but with a larger sight range, it will be harder for people to sneak up on him. I'm hoping that this would help promote more fights.

The raider will max out at about 50 troops. His movement penalty will be reduced in rough terrain which will help him in sneaking up on people and escaping. His reduced cooldown on quick march along with the reduced duration means that he can quick march more often, but can't do it as long. This will help him to make quick attacks and escapes. They would also make good scouts for clans wanting to guard specific areas of the map.

The trader is pretty self-explanatory. I'm figuring he'll max out at around 75 troops. This guy will be the main moneymaker, yet he can also support a decent amount of troops to help fight off raiders.

There's also one other thing that will REALLY help bring this idea together: roads and waypoints. I know everyone has been begging for waypoints for a while. So, can we get those implemented? Then we could put in roads that would grant a movement bonus. Players could then choose the faster, riskier routs or the slower, safer ones.

So, what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Ways we can improve it? Really, I just want to make Strategus more than the boring grind fest that it is currently.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Ways to improve Strategus
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:36 am »
+1
Strat is dead, move along.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 07:51:39 am »
I like the Idea, it would bring some very interesting new methods to the game. 1+

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 08:55:02 am »

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:20:46 am »

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »
imo the only way to improve strategus is to improve the community that gets worse each day

also i think each ok-sized faction should start strategus with a village they can't lose

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »
Sadly the large part of community become hard to swallow

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »
How about an easier way to transfer villages? We used to be able to easily transfer ownership to any member without issue. Now its been set to almost retard mode. What the hell happened?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:04:19 pm »
Sadly the large part of community become hard to swallow

Believe this man; he has tried.