Author Topic: cheat protection in this mod?  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: cheat protection in this mod?
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »
I think you are all missing one which is a weapon speed hack. 
When I first started on the Native servers I used to have 'wtf!' moments when a 2 hander would go through people like a blender.  I put it down to me being a newb.  Now I go hmmmmm :?

But as hacks go, if you increased weapon speed by a couple of notches, just enough to give an advantage it would probably go undetected. You would always strike/block first and die enough so nobody would suspect.  A couple of points on damage would probably pass everyone by as well.

ya, I seriously doubt there is a "weapon speed hack."

Out of all of the ones listed, this would be the least probable and would require the most work. We would be seeing hordes of auto-block hackers before a weapon speed hack would be implemented. Plus, I would have noticed it.

c-rpg allows people to get much higher attack speeds than in native. You just have to have the right build.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Waffle

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja's
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Waffle; Fezzman
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »
There was a dude on one the siege servers bout a month ago who had god mode (or something similar) was just standing there by one of the doors lolhammer spamming was hit 100+ times until he was eventually banned. if its aimbot u wont be doutin urself, his crosshairs will be jumping around faster than u can blink and autoaims cant lead so just straff in one direction. people should be more worried about wall hacks cause theyre harder to pick out if the hackers anygood.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:22:06 pm by Waffle »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »
And I saw this yesterday. A floating player :shock:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

He was floating around there. I was like  :shock:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:27:54 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:03 pm »
There was a dude on one the siege servers bout a month ago who had god mode (or something similar) was just standing there by one of the doors lolhammer spamming was hit 100+ times until he was eventually banned.

The infinite life bit was a known bug to c-rpg, not necessarily a hack

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 08:30:09 pm »
Wasn't there a weapon speed hack in Warband Beta? Maybe I'm confusing it but somehow you could edit weapons. It's fixed now though.

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »
There was a dude on one the siege servers bout a month ago who had god mode (or something similar) was just standing there by one of the doors lolhammer spamming was hit 100+ times until he was eventually banned. if its aimbot u wont be doutin urself, his crosshairs will be jumping around faster than u can blink and autoaims cant lead so just straff in one direction. people should be more worried about wall hacks cause theyre harder to pick out if the hackers anygood.

This is a known glitch, I'm not sure if it also occurs in siege, but on battle it does did. Somehow your character stop losing losing health when hit, haven't seen it happen lately though, my guess is that it was fixed.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:54 pm »
The floating happened to me once. Someone popped a siege ladder over a building with a peaked roof, and I walked off the ladder about halfway up to the peak. As long as I remained over the surface of the roof, I was floating about 10-15 feet above it. Once I walked over where the roof's edge would be, I fell to an ignominious death  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 09:17:28 pm »
Wasn't there a weapon speed hack in Warband Beta? Maybe I'm confusing it but somehow you could edit weapons. It's fixed now though.

Weapon speed hack? if there was, it wasn't on the NA side. I can't speak for the EU admins, but I know for a fact that this was never recorded or mentioned in our records.

The weapons editing glitch was in the beta, but thats a bit different. There were several restraints on it, and it had to have been a native weapon recognized by the server. In otherwords, you couldn't take a katana and edit its attack speed to over 9000. If you brought the katana to the beta server, it would have the same stats as a regular katana in native.

This bug was fixed a long time ago though, well before c-rpg was a twinkle in chadz' eye.

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:46 am »
And I saw this yesterday. A floating player :shock:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

He was floating around there. I was like  :shock:

i was specting that too, its nothing about cheat, guy was stucked between barrels its just a bug he was teleporting back to the warrels after floating again and again.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2011, 03:02:32 am »
Ah yes I remember the immortal bug, also saw a horse with it once.. Well looked more like a bloody mutated porcupine with all the arrows sticking out :lol: no kidding must have been like 60 arrows inn it=P

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »
That is just someone tying a feint macro to a mouse. That does not increase his attack speed beyond what is possible by non-cheating methods.

Macros like this would have pretty limited use in real combat. Feints play mind games on opponents. If all your feints stop super early in the swing, then its not going to be as effective as a skilled feinter. A good feinter will fake an attack down to the last second then switch to a different one.

Is the macro outlined in the video a cheat? Sure. Is it game breaking? No.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 02:21:02 am »
Well, there's some macros that might work well and be used (*) but this isn't very useful imo.

(*) I'll tell you for 5$.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 02:35:13 am »
This is a known glitch, I'm not sure if it also occurs in siege, but on battle it does did. Somehow your character stop losing losing health when hit, haven't seen it happen lately though, my guess is that it was fixed.

I know a few people who can produce that glitch on command. It has something to do with ladders, similar to teleportation.

Offline Paroxysm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 12:22:19 am »
That macro mouse I could see giving a nice advantage in melee. You could macro the individual block directions, so you never accidentally block in the wrong direction due to erroneous mouse movement, and it could use the smallest mouse movement possible to block - keeping your camera well centered even during heavy blocking.