Author Topic: cheat protection in this mod?  (Read 6612 times)

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
Re: cheat protection in this mod?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54:17 am »
Jambi? :P

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 12:20:14 pm »
Everything can be coded.

But imagine this: Autoblocker v 1.0 works. What would it look like?

You start feinting infront of the specific "user", no matter what feint, the block direction would be right.

+

The "user" would be engaged by multiple enemies. By the help of an autoblocker he should always perfectly judge which attack to block first + he would change blocking direction at a non human speed (without any mistakes ofc)

Atleast then it would clear that smbdy hacks.

Cant see the point of such a tool really helping smbdy without making him easy to spot as a hacker.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »
Jambi? :P

Seriously, are there really auto block hacks? That would explain a lot, sometimes I feel like I'm facing a machine...

I've had the same experience.  There were a few times where someone appeared to just be extremely good at manual blocking but there have been others where strikes have been blocked at impossible angles so consistantly that I was questioning the presence of a "hack". 

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »
I've never seen anyone suspicious... or if someone's using autoblock, then they suck rather splendidly and in that case let them use it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 11:29:49 pm »
Well I don't think anyone hacks on NA in any form from what I can see. If they do then they are pretty bad.
The notion of an autoblocker bot being better than a human is actually funny to me anyways, an autoblocking kid would never be able to attack properly and would never chamber or do anything fancy. They'd be worse than a real player.
Besides if you can't last 2 minutes without getting hit once in single player sparring vs a companion (ai set to good, speed on fastest) then you can't last in a duel in CRPG for more than 10 seconds.

Just like how you can train yourself to chamber every hit in a spar like a normal block, only to go into crpg and die to every held attack thrown at you. People are just really complex organic machines :).

Oh, and humans can predict better on leads than an aimbot. After watching a player for a second or so to see a few dodges, you can often see a loose pattern and shoot where they're going to be. It's easy but since it is not an actual solid pattern even a complex bot won't pick it up and will just blind lead. However, the majority of players are so mind numb they won't even bother predicting -.- "lol xd just spam"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:38:35 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 12:01:57 am »
I've never seen anyone suspicious...

Except paul/urist. That's about the only one that I could believe it if you said he used block hacks.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 12:08:01 am »
Except paul/urist. That's about the only one that I could believe it if you said he used block hacks.

He made mistakes from time to time. But he is still best manual blocker in the game.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:18 am »
When beta was still going on, people had infinite health hacks but got banned, I think the cheat protection is admins :D
Ca$hville 615

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 01:20:10 am »
Everything can be coded.

But imagine this: Autoblocker v 1.0 works. What would it look like?

You start feinting infront of the specific "user", no matter what feint, the block direction would be right.

+

The "user" would be engaged by multiple enemies. By the help of an autoblocker he should always perfectly judge which attack to block first + he would change blocking direction at a non human speed (without any mistakes ofc)

Atleast then it would clear that smbdy hacks.

Cant see the point of such a tool really helping smbdy without making him easy to spot as a hacker.
You're assuming that the hacker is stupid and will use autoblock all the time. Same with aimbots; the hacker would use it when it wouldn't be spotted such as a short or medium range crossbow shot where the trajectory is close enough to straight that it wouldn't arouse too much suspicion. I doubt there are any aimbotters in crpg or Native... I wonder if some are using what they used to call "Speed You Circles" in VtMR, or their equivalent.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:21:37 am by Elmetiacos »
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:19 am »
When beta was still going on, people had infinite health hacks but got banned, I think the cheat protection is admins :D

Wasnt that a bug? :D

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:00 am »
Well I don't think anyone hacks on NA in any form from what I can see. If they do then they are pretty bad.
The notion of an autoblocker bot being better than a human is actually funny to me anyways, an autoblocking kid would never be able to attack properly and would never chamber or do anything fancy. They'd be worse than a real player.
Besides if you can't last 2 minutes without getting hit once in single player sparring vs a companion (ai set to good, speed on fastest) then you can't last in a duel in CRPG for more than 10 seconds.

Just like how you can train yourself to chamber every hit in a spar like a normal block, only to go into crpg and die to every held attack thrown at you. People are just really complex organic machines :).

Oh, and humans can predict better on leads than an aimbot. After watching a player for a second or so to see a few dodges, you can often see a loose pattern and shoot where they're going to be. It's easy but since it is not an actual solid pattern even a complex bot won't pick it up and will just blind lead. However, the majority of players are so mind numb they won't even bother predicting -.- "lol xd just spam"

This is my opinion as well. If there are hackers on NA, they aren't doing well enough to get noticed, so why bother.

I think the main reason that we haven't seen a wave of hackers though, is Warband's low keyness on the market. Everyone is trying to hack black ops and the latest carbon copy FPS game. Not enough people really play warband to attract enough attention.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 05:36:51 am »
The most conceivable hack for Warband would be to enable the built-in autoblock on a server that does not permit it. But the autoblock in Warband doesn't actually press the block button for you, so there's still quite a lot of potential for human error due to feints, delayed attacks, foot work, multiple incoming attacks (which I think might actually confuse the autoblocker completely), etc.

Consider that some "hoplites" like Walt manage to get a lot of kills when players only need to block ONE direction to completely counter them and it's not hard to see that even an autoblock hack won't save a frighteningly large percentage of the cRPG community from being obliterated by better players in melee.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:39 am »
I think you are all missing one which is a weapon speed hack. 
When I first started on the Native servers I used to have 'wtf!' moments when a 2 hander would go through people like a blender.  I put it down to me being a newb.  Now I go hmmmmm :?

But as hacks go, if you increased weapon speed by a couple of notches, just enough to give an advantage it would probably go undetected. You would always strike/block first and die enough so nobody would suspect.  A couple of points on damage would probably pass everyone by as well.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
You're assuming that the hacker is stupid and will use autoblock all the time. Same with aimbots; the hacker would use it when it wouldn't be spotted such as a short or medium range crossbow shot where the trajectory is close enough to straight that it wouldn't arouse too much suspicion. I doubt there are any aimbotters in crpg or Native... I wonder if some are using what they used to call "Speed You Circles" in VtMR, or their equivalent.

Yes, you have to assume that he would use it all the time.
Simply bcoz there is a small number of outstanding players that get a percentage of 80 ~ 90 % blocks without hacks.
What would be the point of hacking/toggling on and off then? Getting as good as the best players? (Sounds worthless to me)

Btw, ye, paul, chimp, phyrex, bjord are all machines of their own kind....
Actually the only ppl I ever came up with the thought : Block / Speedhack xD

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:29 am »
But just join the duel server, they all use autoblock hacks there :o