Author Topic: Nerf repair cost back to their old percent  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Beowulf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf repair cost back to their old percent
« on: December 24, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »
+3
I have been playing this mod for years now, and I have improvised and adapted to every patch... Since the slots patch how much has repairs gone up? Like 25% i think. Result? cRPG has become uglier.. buncha peasant wearing rags... You can find this in a Native sever... I thought the whole point of cRPG was to allow players to customize their characters... I understand the noobish gripe about keeping people from wearing plate so the peasants have a chance. But i  find that a noobish philosophy. We all know that armor is only effect against one particular branch of the weapon tree. So for the extra (top shelf) 20 hp's you get, you are penalized with your wpf and go broke. Result is everyone is wearing native looking gear or they go broke. and even if they can afford plate, they find it to be a waste of money. Yesterday playing siege, I had a kdr of 43-2 and rocked X5 for nearly the whole time. Made a ton of XP, but hemorrhaged money in the amount of nearly 20K.. Sure i can wear crappy gear and make money.. But then whats the point of playing this mod as opposed to native? Old percents were pretty heavy i thought, but if one played well and his/her team won constantly you could just about break even. Now grind for days in mid gear to make money and lose it all in a couple of hours of wearing top shelf. It has nothing to do with skill anymore, you're just at the mercy of a random repair code. Would much rather you nerf the stats on armor, but bring the repair cost back to what they used to be. It comes down to a fundamental question.. Is cRPG a game of knights or a game of peasants in rags? 
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
Re: Nerf repair cost back to their old percent
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:27:16 pm »
I can understand what you mean. But then you will see nothing but bodkins. they would have to change archery to accommodate. Well, I suppose they could leave arrow prices as is but then you will see a lot of whine about it. Either way I don't think they will change it back.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 09:58:16 pm »
Well, some people tend to have x1/x2 equip and x3-x5 equip. Some have even more sets^.^

I don't think it's a real problem.

Use your cheaper stuff up to x3 and then take your expensive stuff. Works perfectly fine, you will learn to play in different types of armour (and maybe rely on your skills rather than on your armour) and you will still make money (not as fast as with earlier patches, but it still works)

Where is the sense in having 2 million gold or more?
You would be able to buy many loompoints up to a certain point when people recognise how much gold players have and raise the price. And you would be able to run around in the heaviest gear, which makes all cut weapons useless and and the gameplay boring in total.

I would also love to use my loomed bodkins all the time, but I can't afford it on x1/2 so I have to live with it.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »
Well, some people tend to have x1/x2 equip and x3-x5 equip. Some have even more sets^.^

I don't think it's a real problem.

Use your cheaper stuff up to x3 and then take your expensive stuff. Works perfectly fine, you will learn to play in different types of armour (and maybe rely on your skills rather than on your armour) and you will still make money (not as fast as with earlier patches, but it still works)

Where is the sense in having 2 million gold or more?
You would be able to buy many loompoints up to a certain point when people recognise how much gold players have and raise the price. And you would be able to run around in the heaviest gear, which makes all cut weapons useless and and the gameplay boring in total.

I would also love to use my loomed bodkins all the time, but I can't afford it on x1/2 so I have to live with it.
it doesn't have to be taken back to it's original state, but nowadays, it's really a pain in the ass, especially as cav and archers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 12:08:16 am »
I've got an idea

too lazy to said it so here's the link!

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22879.0.html

enjoy!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 10:58:26 am »
it doesn't have to be taken back to it's original state, but nowadays, it's really a pain in the ass, especially as cav and archers.

What are you telling me, I'm an archer ^.^

I've got an idea

too lazy to said it so here's the link!

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22879.0.html

enjoy!

Nah, bad idea.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »
I am fine with current upkeep, I run around in 30k equip all the time and I am fine. The actual sustainable equipment cost (provided you are over the 90+? WPF cap in the weapon you have equipped) is ~38500. I have 882000 gold and I have loomed black coat of plates, but I don't use it simply that often because I enjoy running around and relying on my skills to survive.

Admittedly I having played cRPG for a few weeks and haven't played seriously for 6 months, but upkeep increase is one thing I like. Before the upkeep increase I could run around the following constantly and actually gain money :
  • Black Coat of Plates
  • Wisby Gauntlets
  • Black greaves
  • Pigface Klapvisier
  • German Greatsword
Which in my opinion was far too high, especially if someone had a strength build. Plate armour gives a massive bonus, it should hence have a downside and not be sustainable unless you are keeping an x5 at all times.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:30 pm »
Which in my opinion was far too high, especially if someone had a strength build. Plate armour gives a massive bonus, it should hence have a downside and not be sustainable unless you are keeping an x5 at all times.

What?

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 10:54:58 pm »
buff repairs and make poor newbs whine moar !!!!
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 10:56:42 pm »
What?

It gives a massive armour bonus, and if your a strength build the speed reduction is much less. Not forgetting the fact that most of these players will have flamberges and s walk to the edge of the map, giving them a further advantage over the pursuing player.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 12:29:32 am »
-Plate armour gives a massive bonus, it should hence have a downside-
Make plate even slower than it is, but don't make it unuseable... I used to play in a churburg cuirass, then I changed to one of those chainmail armors... HUGE difference in speed, but when I say they should make speed slower I mainly mean running speed, the reason I was far better in chainmail was mainly attack speed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 12:35:01 am »
The speed difference is reduced by strength, if you are an agility character relying on speed then plate is very bad for swing speed and run speed. But for plate wearers who stack strength, the speed loss is unimportant since they rely more on the 1 hit kill nature of their style and hence will stand still, or backpedal.

Offline Beowulf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 10:07:28 pm »
+2
All im saying is the upkeep math does not add up and cRPG has gotten uglier since i been playing. I would MUCH preffer they nerf the armour stats but decrease the upkeep. I mean if you want to run around in crappy native looking  gear.. LOL then whats the point? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 03:57:09 am »
The speed difference is reduced by strength, if you are an agility character relying on speed then plate is very bad for swing speed and run speed. But for plate wearers who stack strength, the speed loss is unimportant since they rely more on the 1 hit kill nature of their style and hence will stand still, or backpedal.
I don't think I've ever been onehit-killed while in medium armor before... and if the speed difference is really reduces by strength (didn't know) then wouldn't it be possible to remove that? And really the speed loss is not unimportant, do you have any idea how annoying it is to chase an archer for an entire round, whenever you stop chasing him, he goes back after you, whenever you start chasing him he runs away, now, if I didn't have quite a bit of agility (I've seen a few people slower than me), this guy could actually shot me a few times before having to run, being slower also makes it harder to avoid arrows... and while the slow speed may seem unimportant than I've quite a few times had a laugh at a plated player being massacred by a group of peasants, and being to slow to even hope to get away...
Is it really necessary to make plated builds unplayable?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bartlomiey

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • For fun I kill! For fun I die! For honour I Rape!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bartlomiey, Bratomir
  • IRC nick: Bartlomiey
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 11:59:39 am »
+1 I loved old cRPG... This one... is much,  much... worse! But it is still the best mod... BTW! if You bring old cRPG back, you will get much moar players! belive me!(Im playing this mod for more thn 2 years!)

PS: in Vikingr mod- you have gold depends of dmg tht you'v done. Its great i think!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:02:29 pm by Bartlomiey »