Author Topic: New idea, Crpg heirloom library.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New idea, Crpg heirloom library.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »
This has 80% chances of becoming a trash heirloom repository. Everyone with devalued heirlooms will be on the lookout to trade them for more or less decent heirlooms.

Of course you might get lucky and end up with a lot of very good heirlooms right after a patch. But they won't stay there for long.

Furthermore, there's no way you can both allow people to freely trade heirlooms and also let donators get back the exact same loom they gave to the bank.

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:36:42 pm »
So basically like that guy in EVE online who was a "bank" where you could take out loans and he could keep your money safe?  And then after 6 months of being legit he just took everyone's money?

I don't see how you could do this legitimately without the possibility to abuse it.

It's almost like the devs would allow someone to steal hundreds of loom without a problem! O wait, they ban all scammers and rightfully return their stuff  :mrgreen:

Good luck keeping up with all the looms! God help you if you start mixing up ppls stuff!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 07:16:46 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:56 pm »
  Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate your ideas and concerns.

best way is
1. distribute all items for a few classes at a cost no matter  of type
    A grade
    B grade etc
    so both and rus bow and danish and plated charger will have A grade etc
2. Make admin shop, where for a fee of 50k (for example) you can change the item within his grade on any other

this will reduce the whining at the balance of items
and ruin business these bastards like me))
also it will output gold from the game and we will not see such crazy prices for loompoints

This is a really good idea and will keep the collection stable, I think we can all agree that the pricing is a bit ludicrous at the moment.

This has 80% chances of becoming a trash heirloom repository. Everyone with devalued heirlooms will be on the lookout to trade them for more or less decent heirlooms.

Of course you might get lucky and end up with a lot of very good heirlooms right after a patch. But they won't stay there for long.

Furthermore, there's no way you can both allow people to freely trade heirlooms and also let donators get back the exact same loom they gave to the bank.

Thanks for your feedback,
 80% you say? Thank you for crunching the numbers for me. There are several solutions to your first point that I can see. The first one is what vovka specified, seperate the items into tiers and only allow trading within that tier. The second way to combat this is by me being scrupulous about what gets in and constantly buying new merchandise, I'm not stupid and noone is going to be able to get that +3 plated charger for a falchion.

Donations: if you donate an item or gold to the repository, you can get it back at any time, or its equivalent value in gold or looms if it is unavailable.

For your second point I never stated donors could get back exactly what they put in, but yes your concern is valid.

It's almost like the devs would allow someone to steal hundreds of loom without a problem! O wait, they ban all scammers and rightfully return their stuff  :mrgreen:

Good luck keeping up with all the looms! God help you if you start mixing up ppls stuff!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, spreadsheets my fine friend, spreadsheets. Ya this community has enough poophammers. There is no risk to anyone here except donors, and if you are the suspicious type that wants my fingerprints and serial number you are not the sort who would have donated anyways.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »
Rules for your consideration and discussion:
Rules and Considerations:
1. I reserve the right to decline any offer in the interests of keeping the library viable
2. Equal value. I cannot take trades at a loss, if you want to trade in your +3 hatchet for a +3 plated charger you must compensate the discrepancy in value with gold or looms.
3. If you want me to hold an item or gold for you while you try out one from the library
I will do so for up to 3 weeks, after which time you must retrieve your deposit or be ok with this possibility of someone else checking it out.
4.This library is not for profit, all deposits made on checked out items will be at lowest fair market value to protect you, and while I cannot stop you from selling your checked out item, you are strongly encouraged to return it for others to enjoy.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 11:00:00 pm »
   Yes, thank you for summing that up, that is the attitude I have to overcome here.  No, I dont care about gold or looms anymore, I have played this game, left it, and come back many times now, the only thing that keeps me interested is the community aspects of this mod. I enjoy helping new players learn about the game and meta game, it is fun to me, and this game has a brutal learning curve.

There is no risk involved here so there is no trap, I have a great reputation and I am not going anywhere.  The items listed so far are my own suplemented with some kind like minded people who want acess to a wider range of looms to play around with.

Yes there are some super cut-purse angry and insulting players in this community, I am not one of them.

In the event I leave the game or go on vacation, my wife plays, and I have several folks lined up to take over the show.

I love this game, I have donated, been active in the community helping new players, making maps and helping map makers and made some lifelong friends, I have devoted nearly 1900 hours of time to crpg and I consider it time well spent.

Fisdnar 4 lyfe!

You got me with your damned... my damned... I can't remember who's damned line, Fisdnar 4 lyfe.

It does sound good. I'm in.

Also what about people borrowing items and looming them? Could be both good and an issue.

As in I borrow a +1 light xbow, loom it and then hand it back in. The thing to do I guess would be track skin in the game. So even thought I'm handing over a +2 I only have 1 loom point in the bank.

u cant buy an undistroyable spaceship and be untouchable in crpg.

Get on that chadz, I want to fly into space on a horse!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:11:23 pm by dangah »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:52 pm »
Delete this girrrrrr
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:09:40 pm by dangah »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »
You got me with your damned... my damned... I can't remember who's damned line, Fisdnar 4 lyfe.

It does sound good. I'm in.

Also what about people borrowing items and looming them? Could be both good and an issue.

As in I borrow a +1 light xbow, loom it and then hand it back in. The thing to do I guess would be track skin in the game. So even thought I'm handing over a +2 I only have 1 loom point in the bank.

Get on that chadz, I want to fly into space on a horse!

This is a good point, I guess I would handle that on an individual basis, I am assuming since you liked the item well enough to loom it, you are probably going to just keep it for yourself. 

Poor fisdnar, you may have been conquered but your spirit will live on in our the hearts and minds of the free peasants of calradria.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »
  Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate your ideas and concerns.

This is a really good idea and will keep the collection stable, I think we can all agree that the pricing is a bit ludicrous at the moment.

Thanks for your feedback,
 80% you say? Thank you for crunching the numbers for me. There are several solutions to your first point that I can see. The first one is what vovka specified, seperate the items into tiers and only allow trading within that tier. The second way to combat this is by me being scrupulous about what gets in and constantly buying new merchandise, I'm not stupid and noone is going to be able to get that +3 plated charger for a falchion.

For your second point I never stated donors could get back exactly what they put in, but yes your concern is valid.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, spreadsheets my fine friend, spreadsheets. Ya this community has enough poophammers. There is no risk to anyone here except donors, and if you are the suspicious type that wants my fingerprints and serial number you are not the sort who would have donated anyways.

Rules for your consideration and discussion:
Rules and Considerations:
1. I reserve the right to decline any offer in the interests of keeping the library viable
2. Equal value. I cannot take trades at a loss, if you want to trade in your +3 hatchet for a +3 plated charger you must compensate the discrepancy in value with gold or looms.
3. If you want me to hold an item or gold for you while you try out one from the library
I will do so for up to 3 weeks, after which time you must retrieve your deposit or be ok with this possibility of someone else checking it out.
4.This library is not for profit, all deposits made on checked out items will be at lowest fair market value to protect you, and while I cannot stop you from selling your checked out item, you are strongly encouraged to return it for others to enjoy.

With those rules it could work  :wink:

You would still have problems when balance patches hit, changing the relative values of items. Also, it will be difficult for you to keep track of all the item values. If you ever misvalue an item, people could try to exchange and win value that way. 24/7 (human) cRPG traders with encyclopedic knowledge are uncommon, but you would have to be one, and earn 0 gold.

To counter that, I would personally add a limit to the amount of time someone can keep an item and that anyone caught (intentionally) selling one of the looms or exceeding this time limit should be banned from the bank (ofc. with ways of being unbanned). That would mean strictly limitating your heirloom library to heirlooms that people could take, try and give back. And effectively limiting (if not removing entirely in the case people obey the rules) the concerns about item value.

You could also seek help from your "customers" when in need of an advice about a specific item. Views usually differ a lot.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 07:23:32 pm »
Thanks Kafein:

I fully expect to be taking a loss here and there, like you mentioned, the market will go up and down, and there is no way I can keep track of the values of every item, although it is easy to keep track of trending items and figure out what is in style.

An x factor here, and part of keeping this thing in the black is my own gameplay, every time I hit 300k or retire I add another +1 to the library.

To counter that, I would personally add a limit to the amount of time someone can keep an item
   This is a good point, I have rule #3 for held items (deposits), this says that after three weeks whatever you gave me as a deposit on your checkout can go back in the library.

I dont really think this will end up losing money for the library, even if a popular item gets replaced with an unpopular one, since I only aquire a new item on the market when it is cheap, and I will be placing every item in the library on the market with a huge markup, any profit made from sales to unscrupulous buyers will be used to buy more undervalued items. In this way it is like a bank.

Eventually the selection will be such that having items not returned will only add the the diversity. Until I am able to expand the selection more through donations and the market things are going to remain slow.

You could also seek help from your "customers" when in need of an advice about a specific item. Views usually differ a lot.

Your godamn right.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:26:09 pm by Nasturtium »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »
Update,  This is working out pretty well, so far 4 items have been checked out for deposit, and 11 have been traded straight out. The library has a 900k surplus and everyone is happy.

Things would be even better with a larger variety of items, if anyone wants to donate, but I will continue to add to the list slowly.

Cheers!