Poll

What do you think of a transfer of money&items from alt to main?

Yes.
Yes, but only one time.
No.

Author Topic: One time transfer of stuff from alt to main.  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: One time transfer of stuff from alt to main.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »
you dudes are so funny  :D

anyways, I'd like an option where peepz can exchange looms or whatever even from their alts, but there's the risk of abuse like always. there were tons of discussions like this, as someone mentioned above. the best solution would be, yes, a temporary opening of the market plus some extra restrictions, or imo an option to exchange looms for a fixed (high like usual) price between own chars. so if your main can't afford it, he can't get the loomed bow-or-sth from your alt - as easy as it is. different chars are different chars.

Would not be bad to have some stash as we had in Titan Quest, which is shared by all characters you have :) Even tho no idea how hard this could be to implement.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:47 pm »
or maybe!

... make it possible for all chars to trade on the marketplace, but never allow trading with own chars, how does that sound? (ok, abuse might be still possible around some other guys, but hey)

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:42 pm »
It's not really like they "had" to buy more cd-key, it's more like they have more money than other to buy more cd-key.
And it's still a choice not an obligation.

Thus it's not fair fot ppl that have multi char (we can even say that they "had" to have several char to test and enjoy the mod ;))

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 12:46:51 pm »
It's not really like they "had" to buy more cd-key, it's more like they have more money than other to buy more cd-key.
And it's still a choice not an obligation.

Thus it's not fair fot ppl that have multi char (we can even say that they "had" to have several char to test and enjoy the mod ;))

If someone paid twice for the game, why not? Not like you cannot do the same, is it? Some guys got more accounts purely for trying out STFs, some for whatever other reasons there might be. Still, it was your choice to stick to one cdkey. I am thinking hard to come with some good comparision for this...but meh, failing at it.

Anw, i am speaking as a guy who played SINGLE char for 18generations, made some alts in the process, mostly stf to try out different builds, but deleted them again, so i keep boosting the one and only char i love so much  :mrgreen:

The problem is, people want to have everything for free. They want to try out new builds, but without losing XP by respeccing or even retiring.

A little derail over here, sorry.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »
+1
What you don't get Cepeshi is that people used multiple cd-keys to by pass the fact that you can't transfer stuff to you main from you alt.
And now devs are saying that it's not allowed yet they can still transfer one more time.

it's like saying to a rapist yea we know you're a rappist that's illegal now however since you didn't know it b4 you can have one more go at it. It's just make no sense.
While at the same time those who has chosen to righteous path can just stay righteous and get screwed.

It's alway the same thing with this mod abuse all you can while you can cuz you will get away with it and get out stronger from it.

Ofc If  Devs would have answered the question some month ago when it poped up (many time) in the stragegus multikey ban thread thigs would be different now.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:10 pm »
What you don't get Cepeshi is that people used multiple cd-keys to by pass the fact that you can't transfer stuff to you main from you alt.
And now devs are saying that it's not allowed yet they can still transfer one more time.

it's like saying to a rapist yea we know you're a rappist that's illegal now however since you didn't know it b4 you can have one more go at it. It's just make no sense.
While at the same time those who has chosen to righteous path can just stay righteous and get screwed.

It's alway the same thing with this mod abuse all you can while you can cuz you will get away with it and get out stronger from it.

Ofc If  Devs would have answered the question some month ago when it poped up (many time) in the stragegus multikey ban thread thigs would be different now.

Yeah, i did not get the point. So they bought more games, made chars and transferred stuff to them? Imho that is fine  :mrgreen: But i am not the one who sets the rules. I am not spending much time in strat forums, so i dont know much that happened there :) The devs said its not allowed, but allowed the multiCDkeyers to move all to one acc or? Did i get this right?

(also sorry, on early shift, my english comprehension skills are getting wasted :))

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:52 pm »
Yeah, i did not get the point. So they bought more games, made chars and transferred stuff to them? Imho that is fine  :mrgreen: But i am not the one who sets the rules. I am not spending much time in strat forums, so i dont know much that happened there :) The devs said its not allowed, but allowed the multiCDkeyers to move all to one acc or? Did i get this right?

(also sorry, on early shift, my english comprehension skills are getting wasted :))

Well, I am not really familiar with what was happening in strategus honestly, but I know what I would have done if I had multiple ck keys and a corrupt mind.
You have 2 main chars that you register for strat.
You put both on making gold in city or something and u play with just one in battles; the other is used for gold digging only, or troop recruitment only- he is getting double the profit in all versions.
real hc cheating there.

and I must disagree with statement "if they have money to buy 2 keys, let them". some others dont have money and if they did buy 2, those with more money would buy 3 keys and so on. The devs are trying to separate this game from real money because it would lose its charm if they didnt.

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 08:11:30 am »
so, maybe a dev could answer to what I wrote, they want suggestions and then they dont even take a minute to read what it took some time for me to write and shortly reply.

A messed up perception of give-take you people have.

Offline BootyBuster

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
+1
All money should be on your account. Not on the different alts you have, combine it all. The looms are yours, So make it so you can switch your looms around to "YoUR' different alts you have. I have like 220k on my alt that i want on my main. Many people have a lot more that they worked their asses off for. So my 220k is useless on the market since only my main can go there. Making it so i can't combine my money and buy another loom. Pretty stupid

Fix it

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:08 pm »
All money should be on your account. Not on the different alts you have, combine it all. The looms are yours, So make it so you can switch your looms around to "YoUR' different alts you have. I have like 220k on my alt that i want on my main. Many people have a lot more that they worked their asses off for. So my 220k is useless on the market since only my main can go there. Making it so i can't combine my money and buy another loom. Pretty stupid

Fix it

+1

Offline ulfardarri

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cannibal Holliday and 14 more
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 04:36:44 am »
I love the ideo on an Alt marketplace

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 03:59:57 am »
added a poll, maybe helps

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 04:46:27 am »
If this happens I will start dozens of alts and farm 250 gold from all of them and then feign ignorance like I didn't know what I was doing was wrong.
And how!

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »
If this happens I will start dozens of alts and farm 250 gold from all of them and then feign ignorance like I didn't know what I was doing was wrong.

Read the name of the topic again.

Since you missed it the first time, I will help you find the catch so you don't write stupid stuff like that on this topic, mkay?

ONCE.

ONE TIME TRANSFER.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »
Or maybe we could've circumvented the non-issue altogether and used our reading comprehension skills realizing that spending hours on an alt was going to end up with no direct benefit to our main.

Edit: I also just scrolled up a bit and noticed you support this:

So you can effectively shut the hell up also, mkay?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:46:45 pm by SixThumbs »
And how!