Poll

What do you think of a transfer of money&items from alt to main?

Yes.
Yes, but only one time.
No.

Author Topic: One time transfer of stuff from alt to main.  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
One time transfer of stuff from alt to main.
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:44:21 pm »
+2
You guys have given the option to people with multiple game keys to transfer their money and looms from their alts to main char and I was thinking if you would be willing to do that for other players too.

I don't know if it's possible to open the marketplace for all the alts to join too, but if you could do that for like a few days, like a weekend or something, that wouldn't be too annoying (I know it would probably load waaay slower than usually, which is already pain in the ass).

The thing is, quite a few people have looms on their alts and sums of money which they could use.

But if the "opening" the market for alts isn't possible, You could still offer people transfer service for a limited time and a one time thing only.
I am sure it wouldn't be that hard for you guys but it would make alot of people very happy, including me.

I would appreciate if you guys couldconsider this, it's Christmas after all.  :wink:

I know this sort of things has been suggested before but in the light of recent events with multiple keys I can see this thing can actually be done so I decided to give it a try.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
Re: One time transfer of stuff from alt to main.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »
I still like the idea of an Alt Marketplace where alts just trade with other alts.

I got an alt with a loomed horse that i dont even use because that particular horse was nerfed badly, I cant even get rid of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:24 pm »
I still like the idea of an Alt Marketplace where alts just trade with other alts.

I got an alt with a loomed horse that i dont even use because that particular horse was nerfed badly, I cant even get rid of it.

I would prefer it if could transfer shit between my own chars. that would be pimp.
no need for actual marketplace, just between chars. dunno whats harder to implement though...

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:37:06 am »
Real good question why people can transfer stuff from their other account ID to their main and single person accounts can't

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:50 am »
+1
Okay, from what I've read in some other threads, devs dont want this transfering to be like everyday occurence.
That is why they should allow us to at least have a chance to like delete an alt or something and take all the money and equipment it has.

EDIT: so to sum it up, if its only a one time thing you could do, there could be no abuse of this thingy.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:38:24 am by Aljo »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 09:23:30 am »
Gosh, how many times the forums seen this suggestion before? Million, zillion, babrabillion?

I mean, come on...you enjoyed your time on alt, you do enjoy your time on main, so keep playing them. If you want something loomed, either grind money to buy or loom yourself, if you loomed stuff on alt, you had way too much time on your hands anyways tbh.

Not like the looms will make you better player or something...

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:34:57 am »
Gosh, how many times the forums seen this suggestion before? Million, zillion, babrabillion?

I mean, come on...you enjoyed your time on alt, you do enjoy your time on main, so keep playing them. If you want something loomed, either grind money to buy or loom yourself, if you loomed stuff on alt, you had way too much time on your hands anyways tbh.

Not like the looms will make you better player or something...

I do not like playing my alt, your statement is based on predictions instead of facts.
I chose my shielder alt as my main so I could play strat and left my archer char as my alt because we didnt have market when we were introduced with main and alts, you know.
I never play with my alt but could use some money and looms I could sell.

But yeah, like you said, looms don't matter.
They are there for the kicks.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:50:00 am »
I do not like playing my alt, your statement is based on predictions instead of facts.
I chose my shielder alt as my main so I could play strat and left my archer char as my alt because we didnt have market when we were introduced with main and alts, you know.
I never play with my alt but could use some money and looms I could sell.

But yeah, like you said, looms don't matter.
They are there for the kicks.

Well, why did you made it on the first place, if you do not enjoy playing it?  8-)

The point is, many ppl respecced or retired in order to be viable and useful for strat for their clans and whatnot, i do not see any reasoning why there should be some difference for others. If you want to play swordboarder on strat, respec and do it. You can always make STF to mess around in battle/siege, if you dont like to play the Main there. Or just switch clans or go lonewolf if someone forces you to play something you dont like. Simple as that :)

And also, there are some other things that imho need focus of the devs than ability to trade items to alt or from alt (and yeah, nothing more depressing than having loads of gold on one char and wanting to try out HA or some high upkeep stuff with STF...10k gold is way too low for decent HA gear, and if i wanted to grind money for upkeep, i could just lvl up the char...)

So, yeah, my points :) No offense or anything.

PS: also, why to choose shielder over archer for strat?  :shock:

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:28 am »
ok, let me be clear on what I meant beacuse you are clearly missing the point.
I liked being archer. I had few chars back then but they were all gen1 except the archer char that was (is still) gen 6.
My clan needed some more shielders and because I enjoyed playing 1h too, I took my 1h char as my main- I thought I won't have use for my loomed bow and arrows as 1h, obviously.
now I hate playing archer and my 6gens of looms are wasted.

i GOT LOOMS ON MY ALT THAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ON MY MAIN. HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT?

Now, is this clear enough for you or do I have to explain anything else?

EDIT: sry for being so blunt (maybe insulting/impolite) but I could really use  those looms right now and delete that useless alt
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:17:17 am by Aljo »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
Well, yeah, little harsh over there, but whatever...did you read what means making your char main? Why didnt you made the archer main, sold looms, let the money be kept by friend and make new shield char, yeah, you would have to start from scratch, but you would have your items :))

Offline Aljo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:11 am »
Well, yeah, little harsh over there, but whatever...did you read what means making your char main? Why didnt you made the archer main, sold looms, let the money be kept by friend and make new shield char, yeah, you would have to start from scratch, but you would have your items :))

DUUUUUDE.
I wrote it down before, let me say it again- when I chose my main there was NO MARKET (YET).
I am not dumb, I would do that obviously if I could, but I had no idea they would implement that. Ever.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 11:36:34 am »
DUUUUUDE.
I wrote it down before, let me say it again- when I chose my main there was NO MARKET (YET).
I am not dumb, I would do that obviously if I could, but I had no idea they would implement that. Ever.

Oh yea, sorry, my bad, have missed that out totally :(

Gief this poor guy his alts loom so i can stop looking like retard!  :mrgreen:

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:56:10 am »
The question is not even about playing or not playing alt, like it or not, and time wasted (or not) but it's about fairness.

Why ppl with multi-account would have a favor that ppl with multi char didn't have.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »
The question is not even about playing or not playing alt, like it or not, and time wasted (or not) but it's about fairness.

Why ppl with multi-account would have a favor that ppl with multi char didn't have.

Cause they had to buy more CD keys?

Anw, this multiaccount argument could be invalid, if we take into account the devs are trying to prevent several CDkeys being played from one IP or whatnot.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:10:38 pm »
you dudes are so funny  :D

anyways, I'd like an option where peepz can exchange looms or whatever even from their alts, but there's the risk of abuse like always. there were tons of discussions like this, as someone mentioned above. the best solution would be, yes, a temporary opening of the market plus some extra restrictions, or imo an option to exchange looms for a fixed (high like usual) price between own chars. so if your main can't afford it, he can't get the loomed bow-or-sth from your alt - as easy as it is. different chars are different chars.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)