Author Topic: cRPG is looking for help! [php coder]  (Read 15049 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: cRPG is looking for help! [php coder]
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »
I know C, C++, Java, assembly language (if the team ever needs that, I'll gladly mess around with ASM and the likes, but I doubt you'll need it), Python, Smalltalk (with the Seaside API for creating a website), php (and obviously, html), SQL (Oracle mostly but anyway I can find out about cRPG's DB engine), bash.
Bragging Contest!!
php, jsp, html, xml, css, json, dom, javascript, sql, ajax, ant, axis2, tomcat, java, C, C++, prolog
...That list seemed a lot longer in my head.

With me around, you never know.
Assembly was by far the one thing I hated most about programming. If you can honestly find a way to incoorperate that language into Warband development, you truly are the sadistic soul you make yourself out to be.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 08:33:42 pm »
Assembly was by far the one thing I hated most about programming. If you can honestly find a way to incoorperate that language into Warband development, you truly are the sadistic soul you make yourself out to be.

No sane person would use assembly outside of microcontroller or extermely low level programming. It's a must for reverse engineering, though.

PS: My remark was a joke, obviously. :D

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 08:37:03 pm »
Bragging Contest!!
php, jsp, html, xml, css, json, dom, javascript, sql, ajax, ant, axis2, tomcat, java, C, C++, prolog

we are not bragging, we would like to participate in the development. you too ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
Bragging Contest!!

xml, css

Seriously ?  :lol:

Btw, I forgot to mention AJAX in my bragging post (using seaside though).

I should definetly learn more about Haskell, Lisp, Prolog, Perl, Ruby and whatnot...

If you'd say ASP.NET, I would like to participate, but coding php.. ah.. no way :)

The langs I coded in are these: (and of course a lot of others, what I dont mention, like sql, or bash, or js/php/
etc., all imperative language are the same, only syntax differs (ofc not asm, I mean high level ones),
and sql.. who can't write queries or pl/sql in sql?
Even my grandma can, thanks to google.
(anyway, I met Oracle deeper))

Show me the number of employees from departments that have two or three different locations whoose salary is higher than the average salary of the five least payed employees of all the other departments :mrgreen:

C++(11), C#, C, Python, Haskell, Java, etc., but Haskell is the only fun.
I'm studying since The Big Bang, and I will finish it, when .. when c-rpg will be done.
I am working as a C++ coder for a CAD firm, from where I could not get fired:( no mattes how hard I try it..
If you need help in C++, or C# or Python, that would be fun to jump in,
if you really need only a php coder, who enjoys doing it, just ignore me,
however, of course, some php coding may be neccessary, but doing a whole site in it is:
No.

merry xmas

As an OO extremist, I would tend to think the same as you about php, but I know there's something more about it that I want to investigate. Secondly, helping the development of cRPG is a valid reason, isn't it ? :D

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 10:14:27 pm »
No sane person would use assembly outside of microcontroller or extermely low level programming. It's a must for reverse engineering, though.

All I have to say is, red code CORE wars!

But assembly is a bitch, might aswel do it in binary since it looks cooler.

Edit: I could learn php, I know C++ and VB.net already(I know VB sucks but Physics must be done!), but me lazy. Not to mention I have to write a computer simulation on hysteresis in magnets next semester and I have exams soon :(
Plus there are more useful programmers already here anyway.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:34:07 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 02:49:32 am »
we are not bragging, we would like to participate in the development. you too ?
As an American, I have the extraordinary ability to both code and brag simultaneous. And I can do both better than anybody. But yeah, I'd like for those of us who want to help, to be added to the dev team.

Also, to those that are curious to learn php, it's rather a simple and I have the tutorial that I used to learn it. All you really need is to read through this and find a project to work on to engrave it into your brain. And it's ridiculously simple if you've used another server side browser scripting language like asp or jsp.
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Edit: Just realized the irony that the tutorial is written with asp. Tee hee hee

Offline BerG

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader Aliance
  • Game nicks: SB_BerG
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 09:24:41 am »
+8
Recently sent a letter to chadz

(click to show/hide)

Are you with me?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28:42 am »
Recently sent a letter to chadz

(click to show/hide)

Are you with me?

Definetly yes.

But I doubt it will happen.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2011, 11:35:39 am »
Eh, it might happen with the PHP part, who knows (not on GitHub, though). Warband code, not a chance.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2011, 11:45:30 am »
+1
Eh, it might happen with the PHP part, who knows (not on GitHub, though). Warband code, not a chance.

Better than nothing, right ?

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2011, 01:14:31 pm »
All I have to say is, red code CORE wars!

But assembly is a bitch, might aswel do it in binary since it looks cooler.

Edit: I could learn php, I know C++ and VB.net already(I know VB sucks but Physics must be done!), but me lazy. Not to mention I have to write a computer simulation on hysteresis in magnets next semester and I have exams soon :(
Plus there are more useful programmers already here anyway.
Your avatar is the representation of a complex fonction (colour is the argument , and brightness is the module)
here is the explanation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHw6Hgs_qJ0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
French Version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UckDpr-nw&feature=player_embedded#!
This has been done by a french recently graduated guy , i didn't even now that other would have heard about it.
The link between this representation of fonction and ART is definetely astonishing.
You can find more here http://meak.free.fr/reflex/ !

You may excuse me if that is a bit off board , but this thread is already becoming some meeting for math and computer Nerdz :)

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure he knew what it was, when he chose the Mandelbrot set as avatar. :)

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 01:43:46 pm »
Your avatar is the representation of a complex fonction (colour is the argument , and brightness is the module)
here is the explanation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHw6Hgs_qJ0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
French Version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UckDpr-nw&feature=player_embedded#!
This has been done by a french recently graduated guy , i didn't even now that other would have heard about it.
The link between this representation of fonction and ART is definetely astonishing.
You can find more here http://meak.free.fr/reflex/ !

You may excuse me if that is a bit off board , but this thread is already becoming some meeting for math and computer Nerdz :)

Like cmp said, I do know what it is. A mandelbrot set is a fractal (short for fractional dimension) and is created by the simple algorithm:
z{n+1}=z{n}^2+c where {} indicates a subscript and the series of z is complex (z=A+Bi).
The mandelbrot set is produced if the constant c is such that z{n+1} does not diverge.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:46:33 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2011, 03:30:33 pm »
I never heard before about mandelbrot (shame on me), but from what i've seen ( it's easy to understand.

What i was talking about is a bit different. The thing that amazes me is i'm pretty sur i've seen that in the Reflexe project.
Maybe he did it by using f: C²->C²
                                       z-->f(z)
V[z](n+1)=Vn²+z

and f(z)=lim V[Z](n) when n->+infinite.

Because his program put white for +infinite,
But i don't see any reason for these sequences to converge (when it's not +infinite)

I may have just seen something similar , but not exactly the mendelbrot set.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 04:16:20 pm »
One could easily expand saying that for any avatar, exists an integer function describing it as f(i,j) = color code

I suggest we go back to the topic :lol: