Author Topic: Communty dead  (Read 8662 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
Re: Communty dead
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 09:30:02 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:39 am »
+1
what did beer acctually* do to get banned?

He tried to rape Serfonz but the camera caught him and he couldn't deny it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Asx9NW47olA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:26:05 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 10:55:52 am »
Male to Female Ratio:     30.6:1
GAY COMMUNITY

thread views
The Bandits - Vermin of Calradia 39434
WOOOHOOO WE MADE IT TO TOP TEN 

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 03:45:04 pm »
He tried to rape Serfonz but the camera caught him and he couldn't deny it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Asx9NW47olA
lol

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »
+1
You must be on day 6 of work experience then?

Been in the IT field for almost 10 years.  Started out as help desk, then desktop support, then as a lower level engineer (windows admin) and now I'm a senior level windows admin/system engineer.  Being in the IT field is a thankless job (I get a paycheck, that's all I care about, I don't need praise).  But I'm not naive.  If people aren't complaining it's usually because things are working properly.  People don't come up to me and rave about how great our email system is, or how great the network is, or how it was really sweet when they tried to do something and it worked as intended. 

The only time you hear any feedback is if you are fixing a problem for someone and you do a good job (or are friendly or exceed their expectations), or when something is not working and they are bitching that it's not working properly . 

The gaming community are people, just like the ones I work with (OMG people play games AND work?!).  I imagine most people are like me, they never went to a gaming forum to praise the game and developers, even if some people do that, it's a tiny percentage of people (only reason I've ever been on a gaming forum is because I work with computers and have down time while I'm getting paid...I wouldn't be here if I wasn't getting paid to).  If people are unhappy with a certain aspect of a game they like, they'll be sure to let the forums and developers know.  For every person bitching on the forums about how the mod is broken, there are 10 people in game who love it who don't realize there are people on the forums who are complaining about the things they think work very well. 

I've seen so many games fall into the trap of hearing an overwhelming majority of forum posters complaining about a part of their game, they feel obligated to appease these people.  When in reality these people are just a drop in the bucket, they represent maybe 1 or 2% of the people playing the game.  So many games have been nerfed and fucked with so much that they lose what made them great in the first place.

Basically, the forums/community don't give you a good representation of the sentiments of the people playing the game.  They are a very small percent of the people who actually play the game.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:43:36 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 10:37:47 pm »
With the current steamsales, there are a lot of potential players. Just spam the site on the steam forum.
Also unban Panos, that will be the perfect christmas thing to do. JC himself would be proud of that.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 02:17:58 am »
Thats the forum ban. Noone cares about that anyway, cause Panos was hardly on the forum. He probably got banned ingame for griefing, racism, spamming or anything like that.

Oh also
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php?action=stats

The posts per month seem reasonably consistent. Although half of them are probably market posts.

I just looked at the statistics, then I stumbled upon this...

gosh...

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 02:28:01 am »
Don't worry, there are still nine other members who have even less real life than you  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:39 am »
Lies, you use the "Most time online" for that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:30 am »
Lies, you use the "Most time online" for that.

Don't worry, there are still nine other members who have even less real life than you  :P

Both are true somehow.

Btw, ToD definitely needs help. And I need to change my avatar, Dimmy Waywes and Bickabebia are getting old.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:46 am »

Both are true somehow.

Btw, ToD definitely needs help. And I need to change my avatar, Dimmy Waywes and Bickabebia are getting old.
Be sure to pm me on time so I can paint it.

Offline Jackelsano

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • I die alot, doesn't stop me from trying though.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaodanis - Archer, Wolvenkrad - Shield/1 Hander.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 07:14:27 am »
+1
I don't see how the community is 'dead' but it's well on it's way there on a silver platter. In my opinion the only way to increase popularity and make playing cRPG something to be enjoyed again is to pacify those bloody whining nooblets who always openly rant about cRPG's issues before actually getting into the game for a few weeks at best... It's almost similar to a perpetual chain of events.

Person plays M&B Warband, then hears about cRPG.
Person plays cRPG for a minimal amount of time and starts ranting on the forums.
Person gets openly ridiculed by the cRPG community (us) for having a shallow opinion about a game and mod they've only played for 72 hours total over the course of 3 weeks. Not to mention he hates it because of the constant use of techniques he has no fucking clue about.
Person tells friends that M&B Warband sucks and cRPG is no better. Person's friend heeds his buddy's warning that it sucks and proceeds to EB Games to purchase World of Warcraft.

BUIZNEZZ AFFECKTED.

Now, not that I'm a total pro at cRPG, because I'm not and I don't claim to be. Those of you who play in AEF know this well... But what I do know is that everytime I play the chatbox is littered with faction rivalries encroaching to the point where they fight about real life and the overused "yeah, tell me yur adrezz so I can cum bash your faec in" line... And the retards who think they are pro, but aren't, the assholes who hates everybody that has a bow, crossbow, one-handed and two-handers and insults everyone and whole-heartedly support the use of ladders and killing disadvantaged players. And also the whiners.

Only when we get off our asses and start showing people that the cRPG community isn't a incoherent rabble and maybe the mods and chadz might start seeing a considerable improvement...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 10:35:38 am »
I just looked at the statistics, then I stumbled upon this...

gosh...

Kafein spammer

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:39 am »
Now, not that I'm a total pro at cRPG, because I'm not and I don't claim to be. Those of you who play in AEF know this well... But what I do know is that everytime I play the chatbox is littered with faction rivalries encroaching to the point where they fight about real life and the overused "yeah, tell me yur adrezz so I can cum bash your faec in" line... And the retards who think they are pro, but aren't, the assholes who hates everybody that has a bow, crossbow, one-handed and two-handers and insults everyone and whole-heartedly support the use of ladders and killing disadvantaged players. And also the whiners.

Only when we get off our asses and start showing people that the cRPG community isn't a incoherent rabble and maybe the mods and chadz might start seeing a considerable improvement...
Well, that sounds more like a AU problem :lol:

Offline Jackelsano

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • I die alot, doesn't stop me from trying though.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaodanis - Archer, Wolvenkrad - Shield/1 Hander.
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 11:01:25 am »
Well, that sounds more like a AU problem :lol:

It sort of is. It's half-half though, more or less in every server you get a select few who just decided they hate the mod for all sorts of arbitrary reasons without experience and lack tendencies to learn how the game works.

Aside from that AU just got a new server away from AEF and they are already cleaning up the garbage. Although, like most of us say, there's enough bans from AU servers to completely fill an empty one. I didn't mean to generalise on AEF though (aside from the fact that it was the one and only AUS server, and it HAD to be populated to aggressive bumkins.)