Author Topic: super class balabnce  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: super class balabnce
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »
Im playing around 19:00-24:00 GMT+1.
Please archers switch to another timezone if you find yourself playing at those times aswell.
I suggest studying in australia or going to china for work.
If you are older... i heared new zealand is a nice country to spend someones golden ages.

:D  So sorry for you my friend^^

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 10:23:53 pm »
Tor on his my old friendgy archer alt dehorsed like 7 guys in one round and killed 2 while I watched over his weakling ass. That is a lot of help to your team when he was never, ever even in remote danger.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »
He was in more danger than anyone here could ever realize, if he had you watching his back.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:55:49 pm »
He was in more danger than anyone here could ever realize, if he had you watching his back.

Could be worse, could have been you.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 11:16:54 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:22:29 pm »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 05:58:02 am »
Cool story bro.

This is from about an hour ago on S1, notice how everyone on the picture is ranged, and this is only what remained.
(click to show/hide)

You failed at the standard testing in school didn't you? While Bow may = Ranged, Ranged does not = Bow.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 06:49:19 am »
+1
Well, technically a crossbow is a bow mounted on a stock :wink:

But yeah, OP was talking about archers specifically, but as most of the often discussed issues are exactly the same whether it's crossbowmen or archers I just posted the recent picture I had with both. There were many more archers than xbows btw, and many more of both than what you see on the picture. You just have to take my word for it or go play a few maps yourself. /Not that this random picture is worth much as evidence for anything whatsoever, just had it lying around when I spotted this thread - better examples could be found easily.

And as I'm a teacher I certainly don't hope I failed any testing in school, for my students' sake :lol:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:44:13 am by Angantyr »

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:03 am »
Well, technically a crossbow is a bow mounted on a stock :wink:

But yeah, OP was talking about archers specifically, but as most of the often discussed issues are exactly the same whether it's crossbowmen or archers I just posted the recent picture I had with both. There were many more archers than xbows btw, and many more of both than what you see on the picture. You just have to take my word for it or go play a few maps yourself. /Not that this random picture is worth much as evidence for anything whatsoever, just had it lying around when I spotted this thread - better examples could be found easily.

And as I'm a teacher I certainly don't hope I failed any testing in school, for my students' sake :lol:

I was there, too, and the amount of archers wasn't much higher than the amount of crossbows. Actually they were equal ^^

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:01 am »
lol at op

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 12:36:20 pm »
+1
I dont mind ranged... really I dont... as long as they stay on the ground and not on some roof  :rolleyes:
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »
+1
I dont mind ranged... really I dont... as long as they stay on the ground and not on some roof  :rolleyes:

This is the scene of every battle, infact, only the other night, it seemed the entire team was roof camping. Pretty much every corner you run around has someone with a bow or crossbow at the ready, you pretty much have to dance around the map to avoid been hit. Now i must admit, there is a shitload of ranged in c-rpg, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that the balance tends to put 90% of the ranged on one team, would be a good idea if we had something so the balance knows what class you're playing, this way the balance would be fair...

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:50 pm »
roofs should have a random chance of collapsing once 2 people step on it :P be hilarious to watch archers have to navigate a minefield of roofs with them falling to their deaths 30% of the time :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 04:18:03 pm »
Roofcamping is why we need firebombs, bring firebombs back!!! Make them crazy expensive and instakill anyone within an avreage roof size area. Would need to be timed so people could run away from them, and more than 50% could be duds.

Would be so hilarious to watch a group of archers panickly jump down from the roof once a firebomb landed up there.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 04:54:10 pm »
+1

This is the scene of every battle, infact, only the other night, it seemed the entire team was roof camping. Pretty much every corner you run around has someone with a bow or crossbow at the ready, you pretty much have to dance around the map to avoid been hit. Now i must admit, there is a shitload of ranged in c-rpg, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that the balance tends to put 90% of the ranged on one team, would be a good idea if we had something so the balance knows what class you're playing, this way the balance would be fair...

I don't know how many threats have been started about this and how many comments were made, but still nothing has been done.... :rolleyes: