Author Topic: restoring ruins into it's old glory  (Read 478 times)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
restoring ruins into it's old glory
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:23:46 am »
+2
my suggestion is that someone makes a map, rouins, but in how it could have been before it was destroyed, so with the gates in original state, and the walls repaired, ofcourse the hills and stuff should be made almost identical to make this a nice project. the map would be a siege map ofcourse, within the walls therer should be added a lot more houses then there are now, so it really looks like a city, maybe a preacticing range where the trees are(the trees within the walls, at your right side if you spawn within the walls) and around that a small inner wall for protecting the barracs and the practicing range. i'm not sure where the castle itself should be, maybe next to the barracks or so, a siege tower should be added imo, because of the big ass walls that protect the city, and if someone makes this map, it shouldn't have small walla, but just as big as the walls that are still standing right now.
the best way to make this map would be to change the ruins map and not make a new one from scratch.

thx in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: restoring ruins into it's old glory
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:54:11 pm »
Would love to see that.

If I knew how to do such things I would do it myself^^

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:22:27 pm »
quite simple

get wse (warband script extender) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151194.0.html then start it.

go to configure on the launcher and put the game into windowed mode and edit mode.

first though i recomend going to your scene obj in crpg folder in warband directory and delete scn_multi_scene_1.sco.

start crpg with wse and click host game. chose a map and check that the map is blank, if it isn't then keeps hosting maps untill you find  the blank one then use ctrl + e to edit the map.

a little window should appear. i put this on left side of my screen and make warband fit the rest (some resizing required)

then add, delete and alter objects on the map to you little hearts content.

once you have finnished select scn_multi_scene_1.sco upload it to a website like fliesmelt or something similar then post here of send to the developers

edit

i may give it a go :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:25:11 pm by hirovard »

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 03:25:14 pm »
quite simple

get wse (warband script extender) http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151194.0.html then start it.

go to configure on the launcher and put the game into windowed mode and edit mode.

first though i recomend going to your scene obj in crpg folder in warband directory and delete scn_multi_scene_1.sco.

start crpg with wse and click host game. chose a map and check that the map is blank, if it isn't then keeps hosting maps untill you find  the blank one then use ctrl + e to edit the map.

a little window should appear. i put this on left side of my screen and make warband fit the rest (some resizing required)

then add, delete and alter objects on the map to you little hearts content.

once you have finnished select scn_multi_scene_1.sco upload it to a website like fliesmelt or something similar then post here of send to the developers

edit

i may give it a go :D
i don't really have the time to figure this all out, and if i did it myslef, it would probably not look as good as an experienced mappers map, and that's a lot better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 07:38:47 pm »
Very cool idea.