Poll

Better or worse?

Better than before.
164 (45.6%)
Worse than before.
138 (38.3%)
Hate you! (I do not want to post a valid opinion and/or be funny)
58 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 360

Author Topic: Version 0.200 Released  (Read 33661 times)

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
Re: Version 0.200 Released
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »
I would really like to say I like or dislike the things you just did to this mod but since I dont understand what has been done, its a bit difficult.

I was 30 full archer with 18lb of gear. I was shooting quite fast (more than the bert archer I know irl) and I had a positive ratio not by much.

Now I am 25 full archer with 10lb of gear. I guess when I get back to where I was I will shoot straight and fast enough to compete. As for the repair... I can loose 3.5k or a bit more if everything is broken (never hapened yet) and for now everything I lost because I lost a few rounds, I got it back the next map... In 1hour I even made 3k.

I'm happy to see that I am less of a threat to everybody. I found it dumb that I could take down someone chasing me at close range. I did not see the ''less protection aura on shield'' yet. Tried to shoot at feets and it's still incredibly difficult it's the same for the head. I was really looking forward to be rewarded for a patient aimed shot to the head of a shield weilder still, it magicly hit the centre of the shield ^^.

As for the general feel about the battle server dynamics, I also think that loosing team breaking gear mean that the winning team has a even greater advatage going to the next round. If you are someone that need to win to be happy, this new system does not help you at all.

Finally, I just think that if we knew what we were talking about (complete and clear patch notes) we would be able to comment better because now it seems like everybody is talking about they'r personal experience without seeing the big picture.

Offline Jason

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 07:29:11 pm »
I spent a lot more time getting to lvl 15 before the patch.  It let me redo my stats so I fixed what I did wrong and now lvled even faster.  Also since I just started a week ago it was really hard to lvl do to dying at the begining to an arrow or bolt anywhere.  I lvled10 levels in about 3-4 hours up to 18 already!  I don't understand the repair costs, but i am gaining gold extremely fast as a village archer.  Thanks for the faster lvling it will attract more people.  On side-note didnt see any NA servers up last night... oh well im stuck in EU..

Thanks for patch! 

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 07:41:55 pm »
mhm
after reading the most posts in this forum so far i decided to not test this version, unless there is some more information.
i am a casual player, used to play some rounds from time to time; when i logged into the website today my char dropped from 31 to 22, whereas others like two posts above dropped from 30 to 25. why? at what base? i don't know, so i can't tell, if this is a bug or working as intended (assuming it is *meant* to drop, which i don't know either).
furthermore i did not understand the upkeep system, which i am a little bit afraid of, since i am dead at the low end of the roster most of the times (usually 1-hitted at 120 yrds).

since i do not understand, what should have happened, i can't tell, whether or not i can keep on playing or should wait for a fix.
best regards
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:43:33 pm by Hirschblte »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »
What happens now is what happens after every single change in this mod - people whine. Give it a try yourself and either see that they're wrong or get used to it.

Offline Rixx

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rixx
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »
Retiring is removed? :shock:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »
Retiring is either not reenabled yet or the 1 week timer starts from patch release.

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 08:53:58 pm »
What happens now is what happens after every single change in this mod - people whine. Give it a try yourself and either see that they're wrong or get used to it.
what happens now is what happens always when there is a request for more information: ppl do not understand the question and simplify it as "whine".
1) is it meant to drop? (there is no drop mentioned in the list on the first page, but i don' t know)
2) at what rate would it drop (assuming 1 is true)?
3) are the rates different, so that a 31=>22 vs 30=>25 is possible?
the older i get the less i understand it: why are ppl spending loads of manhours (i would not want to guess the amount) working on a mod (or code or whatever) and after that refuse to share infos, which would take about 30 mins and quit 80% of the trouble?
best regards

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 09:11:07 pm »
There is going to be peasents servers ;:D

Isn't that really stupid?  I mean since you can get close to the soft cap in like 2 days of playing?  And make enough gold to buy whatever gear you want?

Offline Lookbehind

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 09:17:28 pm »
Strange, I was certain someone would've mentioned this by now: Siege.

Item damage is a bit unfair for defenders, and exp/gold bonus is ridiculous for attackers. Battle is fine, it became much more fun with the patch, but siege is seriously broken.
This remark about siege is absolutely true.
There is no longer an objective for attackers in a siege match, because when they've got their x5 multiplier, why would you capture the flag within 6 minutes if you can do it in 10 or 11?
I've played a few matches with this patch and attackers even 'ordered' other team mates to 'not capture the flag'. Attackers did even run away from it to avoid the round (and the gold and xp flow) to end.

The other issue with siege is now that being a defender really sucks, because:
1) your multiplier will be reset to 1 after your first round as defender even if your team did a great job to hold out for like 10 minutes
2) your items will be damaged, so defenders get an extra penalty for just being defenders

I know we all have to get used to the changes, and it is easy to say it was 'better the way it was before the patch', but in the case of sieges I would definitely agree with that statement, since both teams then got rewarded for their efforts and defenders had a good chance to "win" (by defending the castle for more than 6 minutes).

Wouldn't it be possible to change the multiplier in sieges depending on the time the defenders defended the castle? If the flag was captured after like 6 minutes (out of 12) both teams get an increased multiplier of 0.5 for the next round. And if it was captured after 3 minutes, the defenders get an increase multiplier of 0,25 and attackers of 0,75.
The multiplier could for example be reset if the map changes.
And depending on this time: item repair cost for attackers if they used over 6 minutes to capture the flag, and repair cost for defenders if the flag got captured in less than 6 minutes?
I think that might restore the objective of sieges.

Offline King Ahab

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »
How about: defender start the first round with 5 times multiplier, and attackers with 1x. That way, in order to get faster xp and gold, the attackers would be inclined to capture the flag fast.
Every time the attackers win, they get a +1 to the multiplier, and the defenders lose 1.

The only problem with this is that you're back to the beginning when you're at round 5, and attackers have x5... which I don't see a way around now.

Offline MarchRisker

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »
This remark about siege is absolutely true.
There is no longer an objective for attackers in a siege match, because when they've got their x5 multiplier, why would you capture the flag within 6 minutes if you can do it in 10 or 11?
I've played a few matches with this patch and attackers even 'ordered' other team mates to 'not capture the flag'. Attackers did even run away from it to avoid the round (and the gold and xp flow) to end.

The other issue with siege is now that being a defender really sucks, because:
1) your multiplier will be reset to 1 after your first round as defender even if your team did a great job to hold out for like 10 minutes
2) your items will be damaged, so defenders get an extra penalty for just being defenders

I know we all have to get used to the changes, and it is easy to say it was 'better the way it was before the patch', but in the case of sieges I would definitely agree with that statement, since both teams then got rewarded for their efforts and defenders had a good chance to "win" (by defending the castle for more than 6 minutes).

Wouldn't it be possible to change the multiplier in sieges depending on the time the defenders defended the castle? If the flag was captured after like 6 minutes (out of 12) both teams get an increased multiplier of 0.5 for the next round. And if it was captured after 3 minutes, the defenders get an increase multiplier of 0,25 and attackers of 0,75.
The multiplier could for example be reset if the map changes.
And depending on this time: item repair cost for attackers if they used over 6 minutes to capture the flag, and repair cost for defenders if the flag got captured in less than 6 minutes?
I think that might restore the objective of sieges.

I agree with this, and something extra :P

When you are defender it is certain your multiplier will be set to 1 again, because its impossible to win as defender. When I tried to join the siege server this evening it  had a pw when there was 66 people in it, and it didnt go away until it dropped to 55. Took half an hour to wait, but at least you then you can play and be dropped in defenders everytime :)
The switching of teams all the time on the same map is a hassle too, but think thats game related?
Anyway, so after my computer crashed after 10 minutes in the server I had to join again. But wait; it had the pw on it again :D So I joined the other siege server that was filled with 30 people. Seems the xp/gold doesnt change at all there :|
Is it because of number of people or is it the server this is all set by?

For battles these settings would seem very nice, but for siege its not rly optimized.
Greetings, MarchRisker

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »
yeaaaaaaaaa i dont care about all this whine can someone tell me when the gold will be back on

dont listen to the bullshit chadz

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:33 pm »
I'm sure they have thought of the problems with siege right now, but somehow the changes they planned got not realized yet.

Offline Endorphine

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:09 pm »
what happens now is what happens always when there is a request for more information: ppl do not understand the question and simplify it as "whine".
1) is it meant to drop? (there is no drop mentioned in the list on the first page, but i don' t know)
2) at what rate would it drop (assuming 1 is true)?
3) are the rates different, so that a 31=>22 vs 30=>25 is possible?
the older i get the less i understand it: why are ppl spending loads of manhours (i would not want to guess the amount) working on a mod (or code or whatever) and after that refuse to share infos, which would take about 30 mins and quit 80% of the trouble?
best regards

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Some sort of documentation is a VERY good way to avoid tons questions and loads of whinging!

Still, Keep up the good work, it's a really good mod. Some PR work wouldn't hurt though ;).

Regards, Endorphine

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »
Hi there, first time posting... I'm not a long-time follower, but I still like the way the mod was before the patch. I know the patch was meant to reduce heavy armor and calvary from dominating the game, but this measure seems a little harsh. I don't even really mind the weapon degradation. Losing the weapon is annoying, but the worst bit of this patch is the fact that it seems to encourage running away, hiding or being afk because experience and gold is gained at the same rate no matter what, no matter the proximity to a large battle. I was actually very impressed with that system because it meant that teamwork was actually rewarded, even if the team lost. This patch makes it so that even if the whole team just sits there naked, they still get a moderate amount of gold and experience. Granted, the other team would get more, but there's no real incentive to fight together as a team any more, tin cans or no.