Author Topic: Chronicle of the Fallen Brigade  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: Chronicle of the Fallen Brigade
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:16 am »
+1
Give us Loki's head and all will be forgotten Mi lady boy TOD
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:12:38 am by Lordark »
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 10:45:55 am »
+2
We give heads only to fellow brigadiers
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:48:12 am by Vibe »

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:03 am »
so gay.. +1
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 05:48:53 am »
+1
Hey you missed out me. I lead many a brave fallen to their deaths.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 07:30:30 am »
Hey you missed out me. I lead many a brave fallen to their deaths.

Funny enough, you're actually a character I wrote up... it's just not in the stories I published. Plus, you left. -.- So Greer Pershane (Punisher) went in instead.

KingBread is also written into the story.

I got busy with other projects, but I might go back and finish this one day.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 01:47:38 am »
I was gonna mention kingbread too yeh.

There's a good story to be had with these characters man, id like to see what you wrote if you did it already.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:52:16 am »
TBH, you and KingBread's heyday ended before my time during 2010, whereas I joined at the very end of the year. I've never even seen KingBread. Since I didn't see it directly, or your influence on the Brigade, I had to get creative with what little I knew or could glean out of the older guys.

It came out to this:

RANDOMDUDE
Rory "Red" Hathern, a massive man, especially by Swadian standards. He is a mercenary from Uxkhal, a rarity from having survived into his middle years. His wealth was squandered on women and booze, and on bribing a king's blacksmith into forging "Petunia", his massive flamberge. He was on the crusades with Beau Blayne and followed the young man seeing the more lucrative potential for profits, and subsequently women and booze. He later found solace in the liberating philosophy of the Fallen Brigade.

KINGBREAD
Kenneth Whitt was the son of a mercenary, but opted into the settled life of the blacksmith. He provided a haven for Blayne and Red in the early days of their formation, and later proved to be a particularly proficient soldier and bodyguard. Although quiet around most others, Whitt's calm wisdom helped young Blayne to coagulate the ideas behind the Fallen Brigade.

I'll skim through my stories and see if I ever wrote the characters in. I don't think I did, although I intended to do so and may finish writing about the early days of the  Brigade when I have the time and inclination.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:54:07 am by Garem »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 02:04:36 am »
Well if you want some other stories from when I joined fallen, as much as I can remember, i can tell you on steam (looks like I have you on my list)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 02:14:59 am »
Forum messages are better! =D I'd love to hear them.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 02:36:36 am »
Alright well my earliest memory of the Fallen brigade was in strat 1, where I asked if I could be a seargeant and command some men.

I was given  around 800 men and some gold and told to take 2 villages.

I was nervous with this first command, and I never forgot fearing failure and what might happen to me if I did fail.

Luckily, and with some good warriors, I took the 2 villages without problems.

Around this time there was some in fighting with a particular fallen member - Mtemtko. Story wise it could be written that Random and Mtemtko didnt see eye to eye on many things and took any occasion to argue and fight between themselves. In any evil organisation there is always in-fighting and bickering as each strives to become more powerful and dominant.

RandomDude's relationship with Kingbread is one of brothers in arms, and they took every opportunity to duel with each other and spar in a friendly one-upmanship.

Kingbread was also a sergeant and so they saw each other as equals, as well as Ramses.

Fallen consolidated their hold on the khergit steppes area, holding this dominion in their power without ever being attacked, save for one uprising by a small sarranid styled clan on a far off eastern village.

Equally they never really sallied forth from their lands either.

There are only 2 notable occasions when they did. One was the retinue of Jesus, the Fallen diplomat at the time. Whilst on "Diplomatic" excursions to other lands, he also attacked any poor bastard who was in his way and weaker than himself.

The other is an attack that RandomDude and Kingbread (I believe?) led to take a neutral castle in Templar territory. Its aim was to act as a forward base against the Templar but it was only really used as a defensive "In your face" posture. My memory of who did what doesnt always serve me well so if anyone remembers differently (and better) then please say.

Previously to the taking of the castle in templar territory, RandomDude led the disastrous attack on the town of Ichamur. Fallen did take it in the last moments of the battle, but the cost in lives was high and RandomDude counted it a failure. Not enough ladders were brought, and great mauls and boulders on sticks brought by the brigade were used by the defenders to kill them.

Once capture, however, RandomDude saw Ichamur as his own personal kingdom and made only sought to increase his own wealth and power, whether it was detrimental to the brigade or not (story wise).

In Strat 2, RandomDude disappeared, travelling to far away countries and continents, one of them Povonosa, the land of the Antarians. Bringing an army back with him, he set out to truly forge his own kingdom this time.

Personality wise, RandomDude is a bloodthirsty warrior. He doesnt really care about the lives of his soldiers, and is willing to sacrifice them in order to gain something he wants. He revels in blood and slaughter and burns villages to the ground for sport.

That's the short version with the most notable deeds of RandomDude's character.

EDIT: Well i seem to have gone from 1st person to 3rd whilst writing - sorry about that hehe.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 02:32:03 pm »
BEAUCHAMP
A small-framed fellow with a boyishly charming face, Brian "Beau" Blayne was the love of young ladies and terror of what few decent fathers are found in the servant class district of Praven. Beau's free spirit and loose morals led to his expulsion from the city after robbing a jeweler of a precious silver chain, which was unknowingly gifted to the same jeweler's unfaithful young wife. The change of scenery did not deter the young Beau, and soon after he had formed a gang of highwaymen. They made their home and hideout to the east, but Beau's eyes would ever so often drift back towards his birthplace.

sry, but thats incorrect: no charming face, no boyish face, no brian blayne, no love for ladies, no expulsion from the city, no no no... :o|

Beauchamp - Founding the Brigade
Beauchamp, bastard son of a whore and witchhunter, adopted by nobleman managed to achieve one of the highest ranks in the Templar Order – inquisitor. Never true believing but finding special joy in seeing proclaimed heretics burning in the bonfire met one day his destiny…

Effectively fighting in the battlefields but in a dirty way, he was accused of being a coward. He undertook a fight with his challenger: Ragni Bross, lowborn peasant with sky high ambitions, one of the best warriors ever born. Beauchamp lost and as a result Ragni Bross was declared to be the pagan magician even by Grandmaster Growl of the Templars. However superhuman skill with sword of this lowborn peasant impressed Grandmaster to much, so much that he accepted Ragni Bross in The Order even against Beauchamp’s will.

Never true believing Beauchamp reacted harshly and swiftly without foreseeing the consequences. He renounced his belief in The chadz, accused Growl of being hypocrite and left the Temple. From now on he is driven to the exile, pushed to the edge of society, pronounced to be a heretic.

The true nature of men comes out in the hardest times. Finally free Beauchamp giving up on all the former dogmas suddenly finds out his real and eternal joy – blood, killing, slaughter… He forms a Brigade a Fallen ones, men with similar nature like him. Those that have to fight in the dirtiest way to survive, they are gathering strength to strike back to Caladria for all the various motives they have: killing, raping, robbing and revenge. As a banner they took a black Scorpion in the brown field…
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:11 pm »
BEAUCHAMP
A small-framed fellow with a boyishly charming face, Brian "Beau" Blayne was the love of young ladies and terror of what few decent fathers are found in the servant class district of Praven. Beau's free spirit and loose morals led to his expulsion from the city after robbing a jeweler of a precious silver chain, which was unknowingly gifted to the same jeweler's unfaithful young wife. The change of scenery did not deter the young Beau, and soon after he had formed a gang of highwaymen. They made their home and hideout to the east, but Beau's eyes would ever so often drift back towards his birthplace.

sry, but thats incorrect: no charming face, no boyish face, no brian blayne, no love for ladies, no expulsion from the city, no no no... :o|

Beauchamp - Founding the Brigade
Beauchamp, bastard son of a whore and witchhunter, adopted by nobleman managed to achieve one of the highest ranks in the Templar Order – inquisitor. Never true believing but finding special joy in seeing proclaimed heretics burning in the bonfire met one day his destiny…

Effectively fighting in the battlefields but in a dirty way, he was accused of being a coward. He undertook a fight with his challenger: Ragni Bross, lowborn peasant with sky high ambitions, one of the best warriors ever born. Beauchamp lost and as a result Ragni Bross was declared to be the pagan magician even by Grandmaster Growl of the Templars. However superhuman skill with sword of this lowborn peasant impressed Grandmaster to much, so much that he accepted Ragni Bross in The Order even against Beauchamp’s will.

Never true believing Beauchamp reacted harshly and swiftly without foreseeing the consequences. He renounced his belief in The chadz, accused Growl of being hypocrite and left the Temple. From now on he is driven to the exile, pushed to the edge of society, pronounced to be a heretic.

The true nature of men comes out in the hardest times. Finally free Beauchamp giving up on all the former dogmas suddenly finds out his real and eternal joy – blood, killing, slaughter… He forms a Brigade a Fallen ones, men with similar nature like him. Those that have to fight in the dirtiest way to survive, they are gathering strength to strike back to Caladria for all the various motives they have: killing, raping, robbing and revenge. As a banner they took a black Scorpion in the brown field…

If you hadn't gone fucking AWOL I would have put this into the story from the very beginning, Mr. Beauchamp!  :P

That being said, I can probably change the character without having to make too many other tweaks, which only matters if/when I get the opportunity to start writing for fun again. #lawschoolproblems

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 04:25:38 pm »
Love it Garem. Ill always have fond memories of my time with the Fallens *Girlish Sigh*