Author Topic: Stamina  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Stamina
« on: December 18, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »
add stamina to that game
its pain in ass when you have to fight some uber spame with no chance to hit him or cont attack coz of his stupid spead with some big loong weapon
stamina makes him wach his crazy spam coz he can go out of treght really fast

24/7 spammers we don't want you anymore!!!!!!

anyway stamina for chores should be awesome tooo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Stamina
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »
Stamina would probably be a cool thing, but sounds difficult to add in.

To deal with spammers try blocking. If for some reason you've messed your build up and are unable to counter attack ever then rely on team mates, block and backpeddle bringing your opponent into your allies range.

Unless he's spamming a fast long weapon with crush through on every attack direction (doesn't exist afaik) you can block it.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »
+3
It has been suggested many times, but most cRPG players don't like a system that "takes their freedom away to swing whenever they want". I don't know what this means, it's what someone told me when I suggested a stamina system some months ago. I guess most people just like spam.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 06:40:14 pm »
i'd like stamina but i don't think it will be added.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 07:06:34 pm »
its pain in ass when you have to fight some uber spame with no chance to hit him or cont attack coz of his stupid spead with some big loong weapon
Even with 1 wpf, you still have time to counter-attack (unless you're something silly like a long maul).

If you get castored or otherwise double-swung, you messed up your footwork or you waited too long to counter-attack.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:07:56 pm by Vodner »

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 07:17:37 pm »
I think if we had a stamina system it should work something like this:

Stamina is based on athletics + agility (similar to how health is calculated)

Each swing / block / draw of a bow ect ect uses stamina.

When your stamina reaches 50% you start to lose that same % of wpf.

So with 0 stamina you can still swing block shoot ect but it will be 50% slower then normal.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »
Even with 1 wpf, you still have time to counter-attack (unless you're something silly like a long maul).

If you get castored or otherwise double-swung, you messed up your footwork or you waited too long to counter-attack.

not necessarly true, some weapons with an agility build (mostly one handed left side swings) can be spammed easily with it's early hit detection. I don't do it myself cuz it's cheesy as hell but I could with an agi build and my elite spammy-tard. My clan mate was doing it with an arabian cavalry sword, just spamming left side swing with little to no footwork and would kill a lot that way, he was laughing his ass off.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:05:12 pm »
+1
Sure, why not. Also make it so heavier weapons and armor are hit radically more by the stamina effects and recover stamina slower and high wpf characters conserve more stamina because they're trained in fighting with their weapon and therefore know how to strike and consume less energy. I mean, accuracy for the win.

On a more serious note. I kinda like being able to defeat multiple opponents. With stamina, my character gets tired before I manage to kill all of them.

Spam happens because the enemy has a heavier weapon and stuns yours or because you have terrible timing/footwork. I do just fine with my morning star swinging black plate wearing spamming full strength character. I always have time to hit back and if I fail I don't really care because it takes 7 hits to kill me anyway.

This basically:

To explain: The guy who gets his ass kicked as terrible timing, and the other one has better footwork.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:06:18 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 08:05:51 pm »
not necessarly true, some weapons with an agility build (mostly one handed left side swings) can be spammed easily with it's early hit detection. I don't do it myself cuz it's cheesy as hell but I could with an agi build and my elite spammy-tard. My clan mate was doing it with an arabian cavalry sword, just spamming left side swing with little to no footwork and would kill a lot that way, he was laughing his ass off.
Even with 174 wpf vs 1 wpf, you can still counter. Double left swings on one-handers are also counterable - move in the same direction as your opponent's swing (away from the blade), and start your swing so that it hits almost immediately after starting.

The only players stamina would help are the people who can't counter castors and other double swings. This would nerf several people who are capable of taking down many opponents quickly (watch Balbaroth take down a group of guys for an example of this). This would effectively nerf individual player skill.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:31:29 pm by Vodner »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 12:47:23 pm »
15/27 build 178 wpp.
As mutch as it's lame i can pretty mutch spam evry wep with the exceptionery of katana or any realy fast 1hander.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 04:17:49 pm »
The only players stamina would help are the people who can't counter castors and other double swings.

The only players stamina would hurt are hiltslash abusers and lag-armored figure-eight-running flamberge-rightswing-spammers.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »
Just adding stamina would not solve anything. You would need than some kind of system that mimics real life in a way that, for example 120cm sword cant be blocked with archers regular hammer, like the case is now in crpg.

I think we will need to wait Mount and Blade 2 for this kind of system. Thing is, there is a chance there won't be one. I'm inclined to believe that after seeing how Stalker 2 went down the drain because of lack of interest from publishers who feel that pc gaming market is too light to make the planned financial cut.

I think the main issue is that it's really easy to pirate single player PC games, you can't really do that with 360, Wii or PS3 games (not nearly as easily for the general public). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »
Skyrim PC sales alone poo'd on every other release this year on any platform.

and single player games are the easiest to pirate.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »
No. Stamina is an ENORMOUS game mechanic that completely changes how fights work, it would be very difficult to balance it in. Also, if you're getting spammed, it's because you have bad timing/footwork, as Khorin said. Instead of asking for a game mechanic to try and help, try working on your timing and footwork. (Serious, friendly suggestion here. Not trying to flame.)

Also,

You would need than some kind of system that mimics real life in a way that, for example 120cm sword cant be blocked with archers regular hammer, like the case is now in crpg.

An archer's hammer would be fine for blocking this irl, but it would require a redirection of the blow, rather than the animation shown of just letting it crash into the hammer.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 10:51:28 pm »
It's interesting how people always suggest to use skill to counter a game mechanic that doesn't require any: "Yeah, spam is fine, just get better noobs" ™.

I am so tired of this community.