Author Topic: Grey Order v Mercs  (Read 23818 times)

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
Re: Grey Order v Mercs
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2011, 04:54:42 pm »
You can twist and misinterpret my words if you like, but you can't change the facts. All I said was that if they say they can't find a proper challenge, they have only themselves to blame for not even trying. Nords have had no shortage of opportunities to join the "winning" side, including kinngrimm repeatedly asking us to join him, but we don't like the zerg-alliance way of playing so we stayed independent, thus we're well within our rights to speak out in favor of this approach. It isn't theory and conjecture, we're talking about how we play and enjoy the game.

Your glorious alliance, on the other hand, floundered briefly in war, then after a couple of quick defeats decided to cut their losses and go for a fake peace and cowardly backstab instead. Whatever, the other side were fools to stop fighting in the first place, just another case of stupid alliance politics ruining fun wars. Even so, you have nothing to be proud of there. Even if we get wiped eventually, I think Nords were the only real winners in the desert. :lol:

I'm already giving too much credit to your trolling here, so I won't bother saying anything more.

Fact #1 Kinngrim asked you at the start of strat to join alliance, you denied...
Fact #2 Everybody wanted desert
Fact #3 When Nord saw that they can't have it alone, they come up with brilliant idea to call Wolves and Templars to join big alliance with Nord and Kapikulu
Fact #4 Take look on map, we raped your ass dude

And btw... Read Cicero's last few posts on this thread, he also raped your ass, like Heineken raped Serfonz...

That's how it was..
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:43 pm »
Unlike you some of us have problems with submission Plazek.

Its just sounded like you trying to avoid submitting to us :) Which no one wants.
I think - extermination would be correct word.

And who did 22nd submit to, if they formed alliance in the first place and even named it, I think it was Evgen who named it :)

when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2011, 04:57:30 pm »
+1
Yeah, I guess. You just needed 500 more clans to take us out. You had no chance at all with the 200 allies you started out with. :)

Ur kidding, right?
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2011, 04:59:27 pm »
Them crazy mercs  :rolleyes:

Offline BaldRider

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2011, 05:04:24 pm »
+1

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2011, 05:12:18 pm »
+4
Happy new year everyone!  :D
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2011, 05:36:31 pm »
+4
Ah, I'm not strong enough to go without getting one more word in, this is just too much. :lol:

Fact #1 Kinngrim asked you at the start of strat to join alliance, you denied...
Fact #2 Everybody wanted desert
Fact #3 When Nord saw that they can't have it alone, they come up with brilliant idea to call Wolves and Templars to join big alliance with Nord and Kapikulu
Fact #4 Take look on map, we raped your ass dude

Now you really are just telling stories. I'm not sure whether you're a vicious liar, or just totally misinformed because you haven't been involved in any of this at all. I hope it's the latter. Here it is from someone who actually took part in the negotiations, not just a foot soldier with no idea of what was going on around him:

1) Nords had two possible rivals in the desert, Byz+Kapi and Wolves+Templars&Co. kinngrimm offered us a worse deal because he wanted more land for more clans, so we agreed with Byz+Kapi to fight the others.
2) Supported by Byz+Kapi, Nordmen fought against Wolves, Templars and Pecores, and we had an average k/d of ~2 in our battles.
3) A few days after these battles, while we were preparing our next move, we were called to a meeting and informed that Byz+Kapi and Wolves+Templars&Co wanted to end the war and ally together to fight UIF. Nords confirmed (as we had before) that we had no interest in joining the alliance, but accepted the peace. Interestingly, kinngrimm and Alpha were very surprised at this, apparently they had thought we were a part of the bigger alliance.
4) Byzantines quit Strat.
5) Kapikulu, preparing for the coming Bashi attack, asked Nords for help, but we refused because our deal with them had ended when the peace was signed -- we had never agreed to fight anyone besides the Wolves allies. Templars and Wolves told Kapikulu they were sending troops to help, but attacked instead.

No Nord involvement past this point. Everything there is true, anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed or a liar. Obviously we didn't fight our battles alone, and we're grateful to everyone who helped us, but we're happy with what we've achieved. We're not bitter over anything, although none of us are impressed with the way Wolves and Templars treated Kapikulu and Byzantines, and all of us are pretty disappointed with how most of this Strat round has played out. We're not really holding our breath about anything interesting happening after this, but maybe there will be some fun castle sieges.

The rest I won't dignify with an answer, but I'm disappointed that people can't seem to discuss Strat without losing their heads. Like Tor said, happy new year everybody!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:48:04 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »
Ah, I'm not strong enough to go without getting one more word in, this is just too much. :lol:

Now you really are just telling stories. I'm not sure whether you're a vicious liar, or just totally misinformed because you haven't been involved in any of this at all. I hope it's the latter. Here it is from someone who actually took part in the negotiations, not just a foot soldier with no idea of what was going on around him:

1) Nords had two possible rivals in the desert, Byz+Kapi and Wolves+Templars&Co. kinngrimm offered us a worse deal because he wanted more land for more clans, so we agreed with Byz+Kapi to fight the others.
2) Supported by Byz+Kapi, Nordmen fought against Wolves, Templars and Pecores, and we had an average k/d of ~2 in our battles.
3) A few days after these battles, while we were preparing our next move, we were called to a meeting and informed that Byz+Kapi and Wolves+Templars&Co wanted to end the war and ally together to fight UIF. Nords confirmed (as we had before) that we had no interest in joining the alliance, but accepted the peace. Interestingly, kinngrimm and Alpha were very surprised at this, apparently they had thought we were a part of the bigger alliance.
4) Byzantines quit Strat.
5) Kapikulu, preparing for the coming Bashi attack, asked Nords for help, but we refused because our deal with them had ended when the peace was signed -- we had never agreed to fight anyone besides the Wolves allies. Templars and Wolves told Kapikulu they were sending troops to help, but attacked instead.

No Nord involvement past this point. Everything there is true, anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed or a liar. Obviously we didn't fight our battles alone, and we're grateful to everyone who helped us, but we're happy with what we've achieved. We're not bitter over anything, although none of us are impressed with the way Wolves and Templars treated Kapikulu and Byzantines, and all of us are pretty disappointed with how most of this Strat round has played out. We're not really holding our breath about anything interesting happening after this, but maybe there will be some fun castle sieges.

The rest I won't dignify with an answer, but I'm disappointed that people can't seem to discuss Strat without losing their heads. Like Tor said, happy new year everybody!

Well... Since I'm no longer wolves elder, i am just skinny bandit soldier and i like it, that is true.
Read again what I wrote. I guess you misunderstood some things.

When Kinn asked first time, you denied.. later on when we (Wolves) had strong alliance with Pecores, Hospitalers, Templars and few more, some of you(Nord, Byzantium or Kapikulu.. Whoever doesn't matter) came back and asked for alliance again.. We said ok and then you know the rest, crime and punishment, but the only difference is that this time Dostojevski didn't wrote it...  It was Kinngrimm's masterpiece...

That's the whole truth, since you are the one who negotiated you should know it :)

Happy new year bro! enjoy!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »
Unlike you some of us have problems with submission Plazek.

Plazek just didn't slaughter enough men to be having these nasty cramps in his legs which would prevent him from kneeling...........or he just didn't get an arrow in the knee:wink:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »
+1

Well... Since I'm no longer wolves elder, i am just skinny bandit soldier and i like it, that is true.
Read again what I wrote. I guess you misunderstood some things.

When Kinn asked first time, you denied.. later on when we (Wolves) had strong alliance with Pecores, Hospitalers, Templars and few more, some of you(Nord, Byzantium or Kapikulu.. Whoever doesn't matter) came back and asked for alliance again.. We said ok and then you know the rest, crime and punishment, but the only difference is that this time Dostojevski didn't wrote it...  It was Kinngrimm's masterpiece...

That's the whole truth, since you are the one who negotiated you should know it :)

Happy new year bro! enjoy!

I think you misunderstand. Nords never came to Wolves asking for an alliance.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2012, 12:13:54 am »
+1
Nor did we ask for the peace. What you wrote isn't in question, Idzo, I understood it fine -- it's the "Nord, Byzantium or Kapikulu.. Whoever doesn't matter" part that we seem to disagree on. Obviously for the stuff we've been talking about it matters a great deal, if you don't get that then I probably shouldn't be discussing this with you. :rolleyes:

The fact is, we would have liked nothing better than to keep fighting the war like we had been. At the beginning things had been more or less even, and although we'd had a strong start, we knew Wolves still had reserves, so the winner was far from certain. Instead, we were told that nobody else wanted to go on, they'd all decided to be friends instead... then Byzantines quit, and later we all saw what kind of friends kinngrimm and Alpha turned out to be for the Kapikulu. Imagine our disappointment when we not only had our war disappear on us, but saw what came in place of it -- now we'll never know which side would have won in a fair fight, and everything that came after that has been boring. There hasn't been anything worth fighting over, and probably won't be anymore. And that's why I don't like politics.

Well, it's 2012 now, here's hoping for a better year in Strategus! Good night, you loonies.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:15:22 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2012, 05:54:18 am »
+1
You a moron Nocti? Or just have a brain like a sieve?

We were one of the founding members of the old UIF agreement. We helped create it, we were not forced into it as some other members were. We did this after we were chased out of the desert by the entire Templar bloc because we refused to submit to them. But instead of crying about how they had half of the map and half the player-base at their back we instead decided to fight them and beat them at their own game. We did this, we won, we got better allies and we crushed the huge enemy bloc.

This is something you should learn about Nocti, then maybe you might not find it so easy to spout nonsensical bullcrap. We have never submitted to anyone in strategus and with our favorable diplomatic situation having befriended some of the most powerful clans in strategus I hope we will never have to.

---

It is not about whether or not you make a diplomatic faux pas but whether or not you are capable of recalling simple factual events. Funny to see that one of the great merc leaders is so incompetent in this department.

PS Gnjus you a funny guy :P

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1041.0.html Read it yourself all I see is : 22nd seeking help 22nd seeking help, what are you talking about? long story short you couldn't do anything by yourself and you found someone else to do it for you. Thats our difference Plazek. Even if it means wipe I say whatever I wish to say instead of crawling for someone's ass. Now do your job, please your masters by flaming on the forum. Support their cause, pero pero pero pero pero pero pero pero

I think - extermination would be correct word.

You don't know the meaning of this word yet, Trust me. Only few will understand what I mean by this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:55:19 am by Noctivagant »

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2012, 06:31:03 am »
The only stuff there in the OP is me calling bullshit on the Shogunates claims that we broke our treaty. Unless of course there is some other post in that thread where I wrote something with any resemblance to your claims. In which case I invite you to high-light the area of that topic which you are talking of. The post I made that was put in that thread does not even have any mention of the Templar war other than that the Shogunate and Guards did not honour the agreement we had when we were attacked. I wonder how on earth it is possible you could interpret what you claim to have interpreted from what I wrote. I suggest a referral to Baldritter's post higher upon the page.

---

As for "flaming" your inability to recall simple and objective facts and the way in which you seem to be able to infer nonsensical claims from topics that have a marginal relevance to the subject at hand certainly suggests a lack of cognitive ability. Of course if you think calling you out for this deficiency is a flame then so be it but from your previous post, and this one, it certainly seems to be the case.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2012, 06:57:36 am »
@OkiN

Yes we offered you several times an alliance. At the very beginning even also with the knowledge where we would settle. As i also told Ujin where we would settle. At that time neither of you wanted or said openly you would intend to be in the desert. What a surpise then as it turned out that you would be our neighbours.

I spent quite some time on nords ts and got to know and like some nords. I by that got the impression that an alliance would be a good thing and would be welcome by a lot of nords at that time. I respect that you stand strong on your position, but give me a break with your judgments.

That you are constantly bitching about a betray against someone else ... get over it. I myself was so often asked to backstab my friends(you know those who actually agreed to cooeprate and also did so) that at some point anger drove me to tricking those(mercs/byz/hre). To make it clear to all, if you try me that way you need to expect to get it in the similar coin payed back.

Now to the fair fight OkiN, in war truth is the first thing which gets buried. Fair fight my ass, numbers count, active players count, strategy/tactics/diplomacy counts and yes also if you have some good players in your ranks.
You didn't choose to stand alone you got supported by byz/kapi so your stand seems less heroic.
(I wouldn't even messure the fact to have admins/devs who more or less din't knew themselves what to expect by new game mechanics included this round  :lol: )
Depending on your game goals like taking Durin good luck but espicially Bariyye maybe a tough one as getting the equipment and the gold to craft it, isn't quite a simple task as you know.
That you didn't convince your supporters to keep the fight going ... diplomacy fail, you Ujin nocti/ginger knew i planed to take on Fallen and you even rattled "those who stand by fallen need to take on wolves" was told to me ^^, that before the first fight in the desert even took part. And from the first appearance of wolves in last strat you all should have known better. We had a plan and we followed through with it. Next time i know whom i wont tell and whom i most likely wont invite.

@all
happy new year
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2012, 08:44:04 am »
+3
I have never been this happy, we now live in the year 2012 instead of 2011 according to the Gregorian calendar. So that means the Earth has orbited around the sun approximately one more time than last year. Unexpected, right? This calls for a celebration!

Oh yes, and Jesus was circumcised. What a special day indeed.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.