Author Topic: To Bullet  (Read 6758 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: To Bullet
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 11:13:15 am »
Now a new call shall be raised... FREE BULLET! You have brought this on yourselves.

But banning was not deserved. Yes its not cool to buy looms when people obviously mess up but no one has been banned thus far for script usage but bullet right? So its selective banning simply because you dislike the guy and his actions.

You did say this. Who else has been banned for script usage? And if its a new rule was it in action when bullet used his scripts? And you don't even know if he did.

Admins being badmins. Crpg for ya.
lol, no one will cry "free bullet", just look at his posts and see what an asshole he is. And if you read through that incident with pravi, you know for sure he is doing this on purpose.

also, its beeing said a million times before: main rule is common sense. and why shouldn't Bullet be the first who gets banned for script usage?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:44:02 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 11:48:46 am »
+2
Great morning so far.

Coffee and justice! :mrgreen:

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:05 pm »
Actually I don't use a script, I'm homeschooled.  No idea what made these players so convinced that I use one. I'm not the first to snag a lucky deal on the market and I won't be the last.

Now, that chat with ricky was only because of his incessant pestering. I was at first thinking of giving the loom back (I've done it before as most of you know) but to be honest ricky really made me rethink that.

Offline Danneh

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 01:02:03 pm »
+1
Actually I don't use a script, I'm homeschooled.  No idea what made these players so convinced that I use one. I'm not the first to snag a lucky deal on the market and I won't be the last.

Now, that chat with ricky was only because of his incessant pestering. I was at first thinking of giving the loom back (I've done it before as most of you know) but to be honest ricky really made me rethink that.

Heres the reason for his lack of social skills and empathy.

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 01:10:11 pm »
Heres the reason for his lack of social skills and empathy.

And here we go people, the prime example of why I didn't want to reveal this... 

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 01:20:25 pm »
Cant say I like what Bullet did, actually its rather prick-ish but banning is too much imo. Why dont you remove the market function from people that cant fill in the correct numbers?

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 01:59:58 pm »
That would ruin it.
This makes for way better drama, is more fun and feels like the right thing.
Totally my personal opinion. :mrgreen:

I'd rather have a community where people PM someone who screws up on the market and offer stuff back, even if a fee is involved.

Not that i am particularly happy with what the Grey guys do on Siege but to be fair, so far they are great when it comes to saving people's stuff from market screwups.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22031.msg317869.html#msg317869

That was pretty hilarious.

Also another one contacted me lately that some guy might have been hacked as he put up all his heirlooms on the market for almost nothing.
Then agreed to return them without me even asking for it.

And there are a lot more people who do this which makes me happy.

I won't miss someone who would rather keep the stuff especially if asked in a nice way.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »
+1
Great morning so far.

Coffee and justice! :mrgreen:

A nice combo, indeed.

Yes, I made a mistake when I was typing out an essay. Not when I'm about to offer to a wide audience something that took me weeks to loom, and it only takes me 5-6 digits to type in.

Do we really need to have all these suggested features on the marketplace just because people are lazy? Don't devs got better things to spend time on?

Also, laziness has nothing to do with it. When the market first came out, I put up a plated charger for 35,000 gold. That translated to 35 gold. I lost out on 34965 gold because of a simple mistake. I never got the money or item back, because it wasn't enough to pursue. However, if I ever put up a MW item for 100000 gold instead of 1000000 gold, I would hope that the person who "got a good deal" would be kind enough to give me the item back.

Again, people make mistakes. There's no reason that an online gaming community has to be as fucked up as the real world.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »
This kind of exploded into something that I didn't want. Seeing how scripts were legal to use as of, last night? I don't think it warrants a ban, more of a warning. Banning Bullet for doing something completely within the rules on the market system is like banning horse archery from crpg and then perma-banning everyone who is currently a horse archer. All I wanted to do was to ask for my loom back and offer some money in return, because it was completely my fault, though yes, it was a rather large and costly mistake. I didn't want to get the guy banned.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »
This kind of exploded into something that I didn't want. Seeing how scripts were legal to use as of, last night? I don't think it warrants a ban, more of a warning. Banning Bullet for doing something completely within the rules on the market system is like banning horse archery from crpg and then perma-banning everyone who is currently a horse archer. All I wanted to do was to ask for my loom back and offer some money in return, because it was completely my fault, though yes, it was a rather large and costly mistake. I didn't want to get the guy banned.
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Ok Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post above. I don't care whether or not he gets banned, but I don't want it to be because of this incident. So I'm not being a "care-bear" but I don't want to be the one responsible for getting someone else banned.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:09 pm »
Well the only one responsible his ban is him.
No worries :mrgreen:

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »
lol, no one will cry "free bullet", just look at his posts and see what an asshole he is. And if you read through that incident with pravi, you know for sure he is doing this on purpose.

also, its beeing said a million times before: main rule is common sense. and why shouldn't Bullet be the first who gets banned for script usage?

To be honest I said the Free Bullet part because I'm sure people will say it simply to troll when on the battle servers.

I know he has done this before and it sucks for the people that have lost their looms. However, again, it is not ban worthy. There were no rules about script usage and he wasn't even really banned for script usage since the guy who banned him didn't really check. It was a new "rule" about script usage that was used retroactively so banning Bullet would have some justification beyond "he's a dick", even if that was part of the justification. If we're banning dicks, why is Spook still here?

I dislike people losing their looms and I support the new idea brought up here where someone needs to approve the transaction before selling their item. That would stop this and help people who would otherwise lose out on their loom and gold.

You are an awesome guy. If you want help with a loom I can help you with that, I'm close to 31 and I can loom something for you. You deserve it. Bullet was an ass to you and you still have a problem with him being banned. If you want help with looms, just ask. You're a stand up guy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 07:50:44 pm »
alrite dont be a hypocrite..... i mean how many of you wouldnt have picked up this loom if you saw it on the market??

Now most people would prob give it back after they made sure it was a sincere mistake, but cmon their are tons of us, admins included that make a fine  crpg living on pickin up cheap looms from noobs and broke people only to put up a fancy post on the forums to sell it for a nice profit.. This really isnt that different

mr.bean the explorer: wats ur steam
mr.bean the explorer: stry the guy who u scammed wants to talk to u
mr.bean the explorer: and yes i consider it scamming
Bulletproof441: lol
Bulletproof441: then
Bulletproof441: i wonder
Bulletproof441: if
Bulletproof441: you
Bulletproof441: are
Bulletproof441: not
Bulletproof441: stupid
mr.bean the explorer: the guy just wants to talk to u
mr.bean the explorer: whats ur steam
Bulletproof441: guess
Bulletproof441: what
Bulletproof441: i
Bulletproof441: dont
Bulletproof441: want
Bulletproof441: to
Bulletproof441: talk
Bulletproof441: to
Bulletproof441: him
Bulletproof441: because
Bulletproof441: i
Bulletproof441: like
Bulletproof441: this
Bulletproof441: sexy
Bulletproof441: +3
Bulletproof441: german
Bulletproof441: greatsword

just a general discution this guy has . ive been trying hard to get the loom back but he just doesnt care.

whats equally as low as bullet's comments is you posting it on steam... i mean i like you and bullet, we talk alot on steam about looms on the market... bt idk posting steam chat on forums to gain some forum e-peen??? not sure if that was a good move from some1 who conducts their "market business" through steam

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 08:39:53 pm »
Now that we have a cRPG Launcher (for the launcher...) and the mod is becoming more properly "developed" why not have a little write-up for quirks like this and a general beginner's manual that highlights a few difference from native and make it a "beginner read-me" button on the launcher? Granted I would do this myself and may if I find the free time but even just including a few bullet points somewhere, like the marketplace page, stating that if you live in NA you're screwed because you denote thousands with a comma and you might want to double check your marketplace posts for errors.

I'm not aware of every player trouncing the forums and learning mechanics like this from random threads, several pages in; and of course there's a fine line between keeping the community informed on such bugs/exploits and keeping them informed to the point where they start abusing them for their own gain.
And how!