Poll

What would you like to play?

Classic cRPG
153 (39.8%)
New cRPG
231 (60.2%)

Total Members Voted: 383

Voting closed: December 24, 2011, 03:08:12 pm

Author Topic: Classic vs New cRPG  (Read 16012 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Classic vs New cRPG
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »
+2
Yeah, that's simply your highly subjective opinion, it still does not make it true.

Heh, your's is highly subjective too.

Sometimes I ask myself wether those claiming that the old cRPG was "full of tincans" ever played it. It wasn't. And most of the tincans were noobs. Furthermore, it's only the combination of high level, retirement wpf and tincan armor that was making (very few) people OP.

It sure wasn't balanced at all compared to the current version. First reason being the stat differences. But hell, who cares when the game is actually fun.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:30 pm »
+1
I still remember the good old days of July-August '10.

Not many people knew how to block, so fights weren't endless block battle #1023847 until someone get shot and die due to stagger.

Leveling up and getting gear was incredibly hard, I remember when Chavezhp5 first got his green tunic over mail, it was basically ultra heavy armor at the time.

Light leather was the armor most people were aiming for before moving up to the mail armors, you needed to play weeks after weeks to get the piece of armor you wanted, instead of playing 5 hours and buying all you need like now.

In August, I started a new character and the Churburg cuirass were just recently added, I farmed naked with nothing but a morning star for more than a full month almost playing 24/7 then rage-sold it when ShinySpoons who had 12 powerstrike would 1 hit kill me with his longsword.

I also loved running around in my Churburg cuirass with my straw hat and shit shoveling shoes because I had no money left and everyone was calling me out on it.

Good old days.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 06:27:39 pm »
+3
the log maul was a pole hammer and looked like a stick with a rock on the end of it lol
I remember it being called a boulder on a stick. I loved that simplistic name, especially cause that was exactly what it was. Just a stick with a huge rock tied to it with a few ropes.

Thats the worst difference between old and new cRPG. Things were more relaxed and funny. Ridiculous item names, ladderpulting and trolling. It was just a funny game.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:53 pm »
retirement system should turn the old one.
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:34 pm »
+2
I remember it being called a boulder on a stick. I loved that simplistic name, especially cause that was exactly what it was. Just a stick with a huge rock tied to it with a few ropes.

Thats the worst difference between old and new cRPG. Things were more relaxed and funny. Ridiculous item names, ladderpulting and trolling. It was just a funny game.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Multipliers.  Yeah, no I agree people were more relaxed and alid back about the whole thing because you didnt have to pay upkeep - so who cares if you fucked around and did a far-ranging flank or did goofy antics.  Its not like you really lost anything.  But trying to stay ahead of upkeep and saving up to buy looms has definitely changed the atmosphere a bit.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:35:26 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 07:25:09 pm »
+1
I'd say the old a little bit formed cRPG would be the best. At least the gold/xp gaining system and upkeep staff was better back then...

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 08:53:28 pm »
200 wpf was awesome, wish you could still get that.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 09:15:39 pm »
+1
Remember the looney toon axe? :D (Or whatever it was called)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 09:18:39 pm »
+1
Remember the looney toon axe? :D (Or whatever it was called)

Yes. Gone are those golden days.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »
+1
Looney toon axe was hilarious.I remember this one special Chinese Player on EU in Mail and plate with a Sniper xbow, a Shield and a Looney axe.

Even with his 300+ Ping he was good because he just swung like crazy.

Bes thing is, we could reimplement this axe now and it wouldnt be op due to it always getting stuck in walls and such before hitting lol :D
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »
+1
We all had the most fun in the old times.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 09:37:56 pm »

WHY SO SERIOUS?
*Sarcasm* Sure thing, friend, building one's own fun on another's pain is completely enjoyable for all of us back in the good old days, eh?

Casual players like me couldn't earn enough money for anything back then, not to mention any ladders to troll around. The ping on EU made me unable to learn manual block, not to mention I couldn't even down/up block forks. (Seeing Merc_Fedor dressed up as a peasant with a pair of heavy gauntlets being able to manual block and kill a tincan was quite a sight, though)

Things weren't as balanced back then, as well, all I remember was after a month with 200ping and having 1:100 k:d, I quitted.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »
*Sarcasm* Sure thing, friend, building one's own fun on another's pain is completely enjoyable for all of us back in the good old days, eh?

Casual players like me couldn't earn enough money for anything back then, not to mention any ladders to troll around. The ping on EU made me unable to learn manual block, not to mention I couldn't even down/up block forks. (Seeing Merc_Fedor dressed up as a peasant with a pair of heavy gauntlets being able to manual block and kill a tincan was quite a sight, though)

Things weren't as balanced back then, as well, all I remember was after a month with 200ping and having 1:100 k:d, I quitted.

WHY SO SERIOUS ?  :(

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
WHY SO SERIOUS ?  :(
It's not being serious, friend, it's called rage :mrgreen:

Can't really help it if your character always dies and can't do anything for 5 minutes, then an hour passed by and nothing much was accomplished, only left with a sense of a waste of time.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:01 pm »

Casual players like me couldn't earn enough money for anything back then

How come I had Full Transitional Set with Vaegir war mask, steel shield, long espada, heavy lance and a Destrier with Gen2 and lvl 30 again like a month or two before Upkeep patch then?

I was a Casual Player back at that time.Ping was good mostly on EU and such, too, only problem was if there were 200 or more people.I only started to block decently about two months before upkeep patch with practising on Duel servers.Back then when almost nobody feinted or used all those fancy tactics like hiltslashing, just plain old Strike and block games for Minutes, going on and on.

It wasnt hard to save up money at all in classic cRPG.It just took time.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."