Author Topic: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG  (Read 16579 times)

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
Re: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2011, 01:46:50 am »
+1
I really miss old website, turtles for xp. Live and kill bonusses.
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:28 am »
+1
Ok, chadz successfully trolled all of us again. When I think about it, he and Panoš aren't that different.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:22 am »
+2
Ok, chadz successfully trolled all of us again. When I think about it, he and Panoš aren't that different.

You're trolled by chadz whenever you play cRPG. True story.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2011, 02:29:48 am »
Well, I totally miss the XP/gold system, and the 'no upkeep' system. Gold was way harder to gain, as well as XP. So whenever you got new equipment, you were actually excited because it took a while to earn it. The current cRPG is fun, but not like it used to............
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:23 am »
So whenever you got new equipment, you were actually excited because it took a while to earn it.

^ This.
We need a serious STR balancing, not more Upkeep. For heavy armor you should need IF, not STR.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:38:17 am by Whalen207 »
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2011, 02:43:58 am »
I'd much rather have the mod move further in the direction it's currently heading and farther away from the earlier versions; more focus on player skills, less grind, less level and gear and looms crutching, a clearer distinction between classes and less silly MMO-World of Warband atmosphere.

A small xp bonus for kills or k/d ratio would go nicely with the otherwise pretty good current xp system, though; it's not as if people aren't already frag horny enough so I don't think it will necessarily bring about a surge of TKs.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2011, 03:10:21 am »
Old c-RPG sounds absolutely horrible... even when described by people with massive nostalgia-glasses on.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2011, 03:11:37 am »
+3
As a "veteran player" I can wholeheartedly say that this current version of cRPG is so much better than it used to be. It was great, it was great.
I have no idea what the turnover rate for new players actually was but I would put money on it being much higher back then than it is now (ie, how many new players actually played for a good time than left.) because of the just frankly, ridiculous peasant game.

There was no banner balance, there were tincan archers, there were insane builds, the exp system was good for what it was, it was fun, for a time but that time has passed and no matter how much people will look back, and I do, and think "heh, that was good, I enjoyed that a lot" it will never be the same.

I dislike the new exp system but I also disliked the old one, they've both got their annoying flaws and not everyone will like either of them, or any system for that matter. I'm not a high kill count player, I have mediocre skill and i've practically reached the top of my game with regards to equipment (going downhill in terms of actual skill) and therefore I would prefer a system based on how much you helped the team, be it through "saviour" moves (stop damage on an ally) or simply how much damage you caused to the opposition minus what you caused to your team.

If you look at all the big named games out there, Battlefield 3 for example since most people will have played it lately, their exp is based on what you do, you don't necessarily have to get kills to get high exp and nor does winning actually effect anything, they have multiple ways of getting exp depending on how you most want to play, be it reviving allies, fixing vehicles or just simply camping with a rifle and waiting for the unsuspecting fool 1000 feet away to walk into your scope.
Theoretically transplanting that into cRPG with what I can't say would be a light workload for the devs would give something that might be reasonable for all.

My personal view that wouldn't screw things up and would increase the amount of teamplay would be to reward people more than a multiplier does. Not by counting the number of kills that a player makes but by some value of how much impact he makes for both teams, whether or not it's to stop someone from murdering their ally, killing a high value target or just basically being plain lucky and surviving the odds on low hp till your team wins it out.

I have little idea of specifics past "saviour" and already done "teamplay elements" would be implemented and I would have to give a lot more thought to it but as general rule, the nostalgia I feel towards the old cRPG doesn't mean I want to see it's return, it means I have fond memories of that time, much like I have fond times of my 12th birthday party it doesn't mean I want to relive it even if it didn't mean (time to be not so subtle but it was the first thing that came to mind for obvious reasons) that today, 8 years on I have to work instead of playing pass the parcel.

In short, things have moved on, sure there is more room for improvement, maybe little bonus's with the exp system (which appears to be the main thing that people want back from the old days, or a more refined, edited version of it at the very least), i'm inclined to stay with my set hours of gameplay to reach a certain level and have a nice laugh with the community while dead instead of whining about how I could have done something different that running into the middle of the mob and getting my head cut off by someone.

This is a real big wall of text and I apologise for that, but if you take the time to read it then thanks but to paraphrase;

Nostalgia is memories of old times you enjoyed clouded by time to obscure some of the less desirable traits and it should stay in the past. Reliving it would be fun for a while but would ruin a good thing. New cRPG is much better than the old one.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:16:06 am by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2011, 04:29:31 am »
+2
July-August '10 was the best, the end.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2011, 04:33:01 am »
+2
July-August '10 was the best, the end.

^

Shit hit the fan at October-November.

And during winter, it totally went downhill imo. Even to this day.

It all started with retirement. Then the game became slower paced, more and more casual.
Not that it's bad. It's good AND bad at the same time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:34:53 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2011, 05:35:48 am »
+1
Bring back cRPG before all those lame native clans showed up.

Also bring back Growl and Beauchamp.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2011, 06:13:20 am »
The first clans in cRPG were for obvious reasons Native clans, bub.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:54 am »
+1
Some people may like the current state of c-rpg more. Fair enough. Me, I find myself desperately straining to capture every little moment of fun, only to have it sift through my fingers like grains of sand.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:51 pm »
Braeden, you forgot Bane and is 2h tin can cav...!

Btw, I don't remember any native clan at this time.

Anyway, it seems that nostalgia is not only about game mechanics, but also about community, sure cRPG was less known, there was one server, and a small nice community.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2011, 04:14:23 pm »
Old crpg had eu_1 120/120, eu_2 80/80 (Or it was hundred) and a third one half full.