Author Topic: upgrading Villages  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
upgrading Villages
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:42 pm »
+3
So here is my suggestion, make it so you can upgrade your villages and castles to make better defense for when you get attacked.

What do you guys think?

And please add your creative ideas  :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:26:53 pm by Shadowren »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: upgrading Villages
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »
+3
I would like to add to your idea.

Upgrade limit of level 5 for villages.

Make it so that each village has 3 possible upgrade paths, with a cap of level 3 for each.

Tower
Gate
Wall

Each level will improve each of those features of the village to a cap of level 3. (You would need to create the maps for each of the possible situations)

At level 0 towns have none of these features, so the first level will add a basic version to the village.

Some possible combinations are:

Tower 3
Gate 1
Wall 1

Gate 3
Wall 2

Gate 2
Wall 2
Tower 1

ect ect ect

I would also like to see similar style of features added to castles and cities as well.

Let clans also select a capital city and have it so that it can go to level 10. (At level 10 instead of upgrading a building you get "wells" added to the city that act like healing tents for the defenders maybe) - Needs to take a loooong time and be very expensive to do.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:41:00 pm by Konrax »

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:03 pm »
+1
should be able to go into town and put walls like in stronghold for strat money

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:14 am »
I would like to add to your idea.

Upgrade limit of level 5 for villages.

Make it so that each village has 3 possible upgrade paths, with a cap of level 3 for each.

Tower
Gate
Wall

Each level will improve each of those features of the village to a cap of level 3. (You would need to create the maps for each of the possible situations)

At level 0 towns have none of these features, so the first level will add a basic version to the village.

Some possible combinations are:

Tower 3
Gate 1
Wall 1

Gate 3
Wall 2

Gate 2
Wall 2
Tower 1

ect ect ect

I would also like to see similar style of features added to castles and cities as well.

Let clans also select a capital city and have it so that it can go to level 10. (At level 10 instead of upgrading a building you get "wells" added to the city that act like healing tents for the defenders maybe) - Needs to take a loooong time and be very expensive to do.

That's an good idea +1 but sadly that would take a good amount of time to be set up.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:04 am »
should be able to go into town and put walls like in stronghold for strat money

This
With some tweakening (because big walls on a village makes it a castle)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:13:18 am »
This
With some tweakening (because big walls on a village makes it a castle)

that was actually the original idea if anyone remembers the thread, but was dropped because of abusability.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:44 am »
+1
With my method the villages would be preset maps built that are approved by the devs.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:03 pm »
pre built  maps would be the best for this type of issue because i could see all the abuse now if people got to choose where to put the walls and other defensive objects.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:36 pm »
Pre builld map approved by devs will give too much work (i guess), but may be a limited system where you have preset option to build in your fief.

Example for village : watchtower, set of siege shield, small walls(that you can jump but protect from ranged).
For castle and town : towers, catapults, even a 2nd wall(for much gold)

Also new building that could give bonus like a smith(better gear crafting proficiency and at higher level loomed gears) garnisson(better troops recruitment proficiency or double rate) a market/farm/fishing harbor (better goods production or double rate) watchtower/milice/secret brotherhood (give info about incoming enemy like precise gear info), etc.
All this building could have several level of upgrade, need time to build and you can create only one at a time (idea from sp)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »
howabout models of watchtower etc that could be instant built by the defending team in the first minute of the round?  wouldnt require changing maps,  would "only require modeling a tower/ wall whatever
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 02:01:28 pm »
That's an good idea +1 but sadly that would take a good amount of time to be set up.
i really like this idea, i hope it can be added. hell if i need to find to to change up a map or 2 myself i would(would also find time to learn how to do it lol)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »
I think the upgrades could be : Town hall ( a defensible large house, that one of the flags is kept in), watch towers (for defenders to climb and shoot from), and low wall (it's a low wall). This sounds pretty cool, actually.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 06:14:53 pm »
I think the upgrades could be : Town hall ( a defensible large house, that one of the flags is kept in), watch towers (for defenders to climb and shoot from), and low wall (it's a low wall). This sounds pretty cool, actually.
it does sound cool like this idea also

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 06:57:00 pm »
that was actually the original idea if anyone remembers the thread, but was dropped because of abusability.
what if its expensive and can be destroyed forever with catapults

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 07:00:54 pm »
+1
I would like to see additional buildings that could be added in conjunction with the cities main defense levels.

The levels for defense structures could look a little something like this:
Please keep in mind that level 0 means that they do not exist at all on the village map.

Towers:
1 - A single basic wood tower is built at a strategically viable spot inside of the village.
2 - A larger version of this same tower is added, with breakable doors that can only be opened/closed by the defenders.
3 - Same as 2, but with an additional floor added to the tower to allow for 2 tiers of firing positions. (Additional mini towers added to certain parts of the walls.)

Walls:
1 - Basic wood wall surrounding the village.
2 - Stone wall that replaces the wood wall complete with the addition of a trench.
3 - Adds a second outer wall made of wood as an initial defensive line complete with its own T1 equivalent gate.

Gates:
1 - Adds a basic gate that can be destroyed.
2 - Adds a second gate connected to the first one to make it so that 2 doors needs to be destroyed.
3 - Replaces the outer gate with an iron gate that needs to be opened by gate controls (inside the gatehouse) (Inner door needs to be broken, outer door needs to be opened with a control).

Additional Buildings: (Not limited defensive levels)

Town Hall - Central spawn location, and building that is more easily centrally defended (complete with a gimp breakable door!)

Workshop - Reduces crafting time by 5% per level (Goes up to level 3)

Marketplace - Additional 2% for trade goods sold within the village that are produced within it, 4% for external goods. (Goes up to level 3)

Watchtower - does some kind of cool ability to see a limited amount of the attackers equipment before battle

*Village Armoury - **Doubles the amount of the gear defenders have UP TOO 100 units each. The first units of gear lost are subtracted from the village armoury instead of the normal inventory. The village armoury can only be triggered once a week.**

These are just some ideas, feel free to add / change / hate on any of the ideas posted here.