Author Topic: Suggestion that would promote people to sign for AI  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Suggestion that would promote people to sign for AI
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:49:32 pm »
+25
In Strat 1.0 every battle had full rosters because the xp was so good that any diplomatic ramifications were ignored in favour of xp... so how about this.. when you are fighting for an AI fief you get the equivalent of a 6x or better multiplier as well as the bonus xp for people dying and equipment and so on. This will accomplish a few things...
 1. people will be a lot more eager to sign up for neutral fiefs.
 2. only those who really want the attacker to succeed are likely to sign for the attacker. and
 3. normally the defenders get bored an kamikaze due to lack of organization or caring... but with this system, the longer the battle lasts the more xp the defenders get... the attackers have no incentive to prolong the battle, but the defenders do, and the best defenses are usually the ones with the patience to stick together and hold the village rather than running around and getting killed. 

this means that there will be a lot more incentive to not only fight for the AI, but to fight well and coordinate your efforts.
as for villages paying gold... i really dont think it matters... strat gold only matters to the people who invest time in strat, but the xp matters to everyone who plays crpg, so youll get a ton more people who are interested in signing up for neutral faction which might get them into strat a bit more in general, even though xp for signing up with factions isnt great.

p.s. it is slightly abusable in the sense that a faction could "take one for the community" and launch a 1/3 attack against a fief and then just camp while everyone gets xp... but since there will be so many people wanting to participate, it seems there is about a 99.999999999999% chance that an admin or at least someone who is not friendly towards that clan will attend and perhaps a peasant counter attack will hit the offending clan as the peasants would become so cocky after defending their village so easily... or a dark force could take retribution.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:52:11 pm by Matey »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Suggestion that would promote people to sign for AI
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »
Great fucking idea, I remember all that sexy xp of strat 1.0.  If you didnt hire me, i was definitely mercing for other side.  This would also make people actually pay strategus gold to get mercs or else have full rosters of good players against them and empty rosters on their side.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:00:42 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:13:20 pm »
+1
Only x6 for defending neutral fiefs. Else it will be exploited.

But: if Neutral_village_defending then x6 is all good.

Then people will also understand that you sign up for neutrals because of XP, not becuase you hate the attacker.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:17:07 pm »
+1
I do like this idea.
Cant see any drawback.
Every player can get this xp so its fair.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »
+1
I do like this idea.
Cant see any drawback.

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »
I do like this idea.
Cant see any drawback.
+1

... and IF there is an abuse and people do it... A dark force appears?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:15 pm »
+1

... and IF there is an abuse and people do it... A dark force appears?
Call the BanHammer?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »

There is no more holy weapon than that, dont you dare call it dark! (maybe donkeyish)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 11:44:00 pm »
There is no more holy weapon than that, dont you dare call it dark! (maybe equus africanus asinusish)
THIS is the attack of A Dark Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjR2m33duNA

Yeah, it's the devs attacking Fallen for abusing a glitch. Screw the banhammer. This is AWESOME :D

Edit: Here's a thread about it.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21452.msg307972.html#msg307972
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:57:57 pm by Zapper »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:31 am »
+1
I do think something like this should be implemented before people start taking castles and towns for free.

Really I think you stand good odds of capturing a castle right now with few troops.  The first few attacks will meet novelty resistance and after that it will be like villages today: 8 defenders show up and get immediately overwhelmed and all the flags knocked down.

x6 XP bonus would definitely get people checking that battle list looking for a neutral holding to defend.

It would also be nice if the AI could do roster checks every 15 minutes instead of every hour.  Or if there's a way to trigger a check 1 minute before the battle, do that.  It would be easier to rally people on the main servers to come play strat if we didn't have to do it 2 hours in advance to guarantee they got into the fight.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:47:46 am »
+2
+1

This is an excellent idea and nobody seems to be against it. Therefore, I am willing to wager 10K that no dev responds to it.

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 12:50:36 am »
+2
+1

This is an excellent idea and nobody seems to be against it. Therefore, I am willing to wager 10K that no dev responds to it.
Ill wager 10k that a dev will come and troll you, wait, i said that, so he will come and troll me by not posting, wait, he will just do whatever he wants but they will not implement it.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:51:10 am »
In Strat 1.0 every battle had full rosters because the xp was so good that any diplomatic ramifications were ignored in favour of xp... so how about this.. when you are fighting for an AI fief you get the equivalent of a 6x or better multiplier as well as the bonus xp for people dying and equipment and so on. This will accomplish a few things...
 1. people will be a lot more eager to sign up for neutral fiefs.
 2. only those who really want the attacker to succeed are likely to sign for the attacker. and
 3. normally the defenders get bored an kamikaze due to lack of organization or caring... but with this system, the longer the battle lasts the more xp the defenders get... the attackers have no incentive to prolong the battle, but the defenders do, and the best defenses are usually the ones with the patience to stick together and hold the village rather than running around and getting killed. 

this means that there will be a lot more incentive to not only fight for the AI, but to fight well and coordinate your efforts.
as for villages paying gold... i really dont think it matters... strat gold only matters to the people who invest time in strat, but the xp matters to everyone who plays crpg, so youll get a ton more people who are interested in signing up for neutral faction which might get them into strat a bit more in general, even though xp for signing up with factions isnt great.

p.s. it is slightly abusable in the sense that a faction could "take one for the community" and launch a 1/3 attack against a fief and then just camp while everyone gets xp... but since there will be so many people wanting to participate, it seems there is about a 99.999999999999% chance that an admin or at least someone who is not friendly towards that clan will attend and perhaps a peasant counter attack will hit the offending clan as the peasants would become so cocky after defending their village so easily... or a dark force could take retribution.
so many good ideas, but no one cares...  :|

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:37 am »
+1
Do it!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(