Author Topic: Archer bugs!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Aulisia

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aulisia - Thracian_Peltast - Skip_the_Detergent
Archer bugs!
« on: December 04, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »
+4
I know what you're thinking. "These archers can't stop whining already" and my answer is YES I LIKE WHINING!!!!!! :twisted:

I'm not gonna mention the ultra nerf my Lbow has suffered last couple of months and also arrows but i will stick to the universal ones:

1. What's wrong with the freaking hitboxes? I can't hit shit and it's not from the uber slow missile speed. Last night 2 guys were like hugging each other and i shot right between them? When was this even possible, really? Last summer you would shoot half a meter away from a guy and the arrow would be fixed inches away from his animation and now arrows just go through animations. I also think that (OP) Xbows don't have this problem.

2. I have 2 quivers, then i empty the first one with misses and team kills, then i empty the second one on random stuff, so now i have 0 arrows and try to pick a melee 1-handed weapon to defend myself. I pick it up and both my quivers are dropped....pediod. Last summer this would not happen.

3.Also when i used to pick another type of arrow, one of my quivers would be dropped. Now you pick another type of arrow (i heard ppl saying they picked the same type of arrow and exact same thing happened) and both of your quivers are dropped.

4. We can't jump and shoot anymoar! WHY?! Was robin hood better than us? Maybe i can't with a huge longbow on my hands but what about the others?!

5. You can ignore 4.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archer bugs!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:05:23 pm »
I have a LongBow in real life and it's really possible to jumpshot :D (i tried it) the lenght of the bow is like 70 Inches big and still I can jump shot.
The aim at jumpshot isn't that bad.

and Aulisia the Hitboxes are rly hilarious and that arrows picking up... I would say if you have bodkin arrows at the moment and when u take normal/tatar/barbed arrows they transfer to bodkins so every archer would be happy to have his own arrows back... I know it's not realistic etc. but when u disable jumpshot and make a guy swind a sword 10 times bigger than himself it should be ok.

or just make the arrows twisted in the quiver they look like normal arrows you used before but when you shot they're random. For example you have 12 bdokins left in your quiver take up 2 arrows then you have 14 arrows and when you shot with the arrows you shot away the 2 arrows you took up.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 07:03:32 pm »
BUMP!

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »
+3
That bug has been around for long but coding flying carpets throwing fireballs is more important than fixing other bugs... Dev's fun first right ?

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:20:13 am »
Yeah, the hitboxes seem random sometimes and you shouldnt pick anything up unless you are completely out of arrows atm. Been this way since...well, long I guess?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:43 am »
+1
lets fix a shield held at body height being able to protect feet too.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:11:36 am »
I'm a shielder, and I must admit, archers are taking the bad end for a LONG time already....accuracy is very random compared to native and native is probably the most balanced.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Aulisia

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aulisia - Thracian_Peltast - Skip_the_Detergent
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »
+1
Native arrows travel with the speed of light compared to cRPG arrows!

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »
That bug has been around for long but coding flying carpets throwing fireballs is more important than fixing other bugs... Dev's fun first right ?

The carpets have been in this game since ages. And the devs don't get any money for their work, so why not leave them a bit of fun once in a while?
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)