Author Topic: Run/Attack speed disadvantege  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Sha_Wujing

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sha_Wujing, Sparknekt
Run/Attack speed disadvantege
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:28:40 pm »
i dont know if this would beplayable at all, but just an idea.
what if... you get sliced in your arm, and that did so you got a reduced attack speed.. depending on the arm.
right arm.. reduced attack (if not 2h) left arm reduced sheild. if you got hit in the leg, reduced run speed.

this way the super defensive super armored people, would get a disadvantege in the longrun.

lets say a arrow in the leg would slow you down -4/8% depending on the weapon.
(just creating a picture) that would be really irritating, so should have the option to pull out, this way it would only be.... 1/2% and depending on the shape of the arrow you would lose a tiny amount of health points. like the Barbed Arrows would hurt you more then the Bodkin Arrows, and it would get off the extra weight. the animation for reloading a crossbow could be used when pulling out arrows and spares, etc.

i dont know if it is the irritation of seeing a heavy armor with a 6foot lancer stuck in his shoulder that got me thinking on this, or the realism..

i know, this could lead to a total destruction of gameplay, and all the arches would aim at a tinmans feet and make him as slow as a steady rock.
so it would need allot of testing.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:23:01 pm by Sha_Wujing »

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Run/Attack speed disadvantege
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:35:38 pm »
interesting idea, but will lead to an uprising  :D

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »
The arrow in leg idea is not bad, but thats as far as it would be a good idea in my opinion.

It would also encourage more shields which is a good thing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:37 pm »
If I recall correctly, this has been suggested before.

People generally liked the suggestion, but it would require a complete rewrite of the M&B source code (or something like that).

Can't be done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:29:14 pm »
Dont think hitboxes can be altered like that. Hands count as body in game. You know that when someone pokes your finger with a 2h and you take full damage.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:31 am »
i dont know if it is the irritation of seeing a heavy armor with a 6foot lancer stuck in his shoulder that got me thinking on this, or the realism..

To be honest I'm more irritated at how people can run backwards, throw a 6 foot lance in a direct line at something, and have it penetrate armour. If this was realistic, the front line of any medieval battle would have been people chucking 6 foot lances, since they'd just act as a meatgrinder. But no, people went to extremes developing windlass-cocked crossbows and so on to penetrate armours at a distance, for some odd fucking reason. When all you need according to CRPG is to throw a 6 foot stick with a metal spike on the end, and then throw another one next second, maybe.

I realized heavy armour was crap when I bought one to see how it works and then died to two side-swings of a sword. It's only reasonably protective against cutting onehanders without hierloomed weapons or peasants, or low PD archers. Two throwing whatsits kill you, which is incidentally the same amount of hits I need to die wearing mail, which makes me run and swing faster, too.

If anything, heavy armour is a bloody waste of money, you're better off picking up some ridiculous throwing bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:25:01 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:47 am »
If I recall correctly, this has been suggested before.

People generally liked the suggestion, but it would require a complete rewrite of the M&B source code (or something like that).

Can't be done.

true, i made a thread in the old forum, and people thought it was a good idea, but as you said, it cant be done.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:37:02 am »
"this way the super defensive super armored people, would get a disadvantege in the longrun."

Sooo. "goddamn super armored people being hard to kill" is the problem here. Mmkay. Kinda, uh, makes sense tho?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dexterous_Rex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dexterous_Rex
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 11:39:22 am »
New age Bushido Blade...   That would be so awesome, but i figure the devs would have to create entirely new models or at least re-code the individual physics for limbs if that is possible