Author Topic: Archery buff  (Read 11005 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Archery buff
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:06 pm »
Archery is not OP now in any circumstance. But in all honesty I don't think it needs a damage or accuracy buff. As an archer, what I would really love to see, is faster arrows again. Those things are painfully slow. I can let out a yawn as I watch my arrow fly across the map only to see the guy I shot at simply sidestep.

It makes archery duels pointless. If archers duel they are just wasting arrows because it is far to easy to side step the slow arrows unless you are 10m away from each other.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »
Guys, from what I see it needs to be faster, not more accurate, not stronger, just faster. Now you are doing this, "reaching for my arrow, dum, de dum, ok i reached the quiver, not let me choose from the array of wonderfull arrows that are all the same, let me decide, hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think this one, ok let me take it, ok i got it, now let me move my hand in slow motion to the bow, dum, de dum, dum de dum, ok i reached the bow now to place the arrow as slowly as possible, lets see, nope, nope, nope, nope, ok i got it, now let me lift my incredibly light bow as if its a entire set of plate, dum dee dum, ok, i lifter it, now let me shoot, *shoots* ok now lets wait until my arrow slowly, super slowly reaches the guy, darn i missed, ok let me get another one, ok im just starting to reach *wack* the guy is there and knocks the you know what out of you.  It should be, reach, aim shoot, reach aim shoot, reach aim shoot, at least 15 or 20 more points of speed. You dont have to change damage or accuracy just speed. Who's with me? It should be 2 or 3 seconds between each shot.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:02:41 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2011, 11:36:52 pm »
Nope, the animation speed is fine as it is. It's the arrow flight speed that needs to be restored.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2011, 11:44:32 pm »
Guys, from what I see it needs to be faster, not more accurate, not stronger, just faster. Now you are doing this, "reaching for my arrow, dum, de dum, ok i reached the quiver, not let me choose from the array of wonderfull arrows that are all the same, let me decide, hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I think this one, ok let me take it, ok i got it, now let me move my hand in slow motion to the bow, dum, de dum, dum de dum, ok i reached the bow now to place the arrow as slowly as possible, lets see, nope, nope, nope, nope, ok i got it, now let me lift my incredibly light bow as if its a entire set of plate, dum dee dum, ok, i lifter it, now let me shoot, *shoots* ok now lets wait until my arrow slowly, super slowly reaches the guy, darn i missed, ok let me get another one, ok im just starting to reach *wack* the guy is there and knocks the you know what out of you.  It should be, reach, aim shoot, reach aim shoot, reach aim shoot, at least 15 or 20 more points of speed. You dont have to change damage or accuracy just speed. Who's with me? It should be 2 or 3 seconds between each shot.

You get used to that soon enough, was quite the change from the old, arrow-string-fire animation though. As for the topic, archery is quite fine as it is, its by far the least i worry about out of the ranged things shooting at me.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2011, 01:22:07 am »
You get used to that soon enough, was quite the change from the old, arrow-string-fire animation though. As for the topic, archery is quite fine as it is, its by far the least i worry about out of the ranged things shooting at me.

That's not necessarily a good thing :wink:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 02:36:34 am »
Id like to add that it's fairly easy for a melee char to start collecting kills at low levels. Even I have had some quite productive fights with my shortened vouge, while my bow rests in my back waiting for my char to reach the level of wp necessary to use it properly.

What I mean is : Archers need a big wp boost at the begining because it's annoying to shoot through a reticule as wide as a basquetball. Its unrealistic, In real life I could master a 1.5 lb bow within a day, but in crpg it takes 20 years for my char to shoot like a man who's going blind.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2011, 09:04:54 am »
Yeah archery is alot like melee piking these days. It comes usefull at lvl25+ but untill then your just wasting a lost on your team :)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »
What I mean is : Archers need a big wp boost at the begining because it's annoying to shoot through a reticule as wide as a basquetball. Its unrealistic, In real life I could master a 1.5 lb bow within a day, but in crpg it takes 20 years for my char to shoot like a man who's going blind.

I think, there is simple solution.  Without all WPP-WPF system reworking. And without serious rebalancing.

Just decrease requirements for bows

Example:
hunter bow - 0 pd - is good for this useless piece of shit.
short bow -  1 pd
nomad bow - 2 pd
khergit bow - 3 pd
strong bow - 4 pd
longbow - 6 pd - 18 str for most damaging weapon in category is good. Ranged flamberge.
warbow - 5 pd. Still more than native requirements (4 pd in native)

Poul, answer please. What do you think about this suggestion?

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »
lol i get 10:2 on my level 22 char , whats the whine ?  :lol: (with a khergit bow and 4 pd)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 01:05:42 pm »
NO decrease in pd requirements, do we really want horse archers to get buffed again cuz Strong bow is easily accessable?
It's a clear choice, finally, for them, either take Khergit for better accuracy or take Strong Bow for power.

Now stop whining about making yourselves OP again, archery is fine and you bloody know it.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »
You guys fail to understand the meaning of last patch.
Now archery needs some skills, you don't have a laser sight repeating rifle anymore and every noob can pwn easily no more.

I can understand that some of you might be disturbed, but if you read the forum you'll see that good archer player don't whine about the situation.

Before patch, noobs spammed the servers with their archer's char, now they spam the forum with archer's whine threads.

Btw, just reach lvl 30 with my archer char, i know what i'm talking about, don't lie about arrow speed or animation speed. And fyi, dev play this game and they know well the game mechanics and balance.

Plz archersnoob stop your lobbying.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2011, 01:28:52 pm »
You guys fail to understand the meaning of last patch.
Now archery needs some skills, you don't have a laser sight repeating rifle anymore and every noob can pwn easily no more.

I can understand that some of you might be disturbed, but if you read the forum you'll see that good archer player don't whine about the situation.

Before patch, noobs spammed the servers with their archer's char, now they spam the forum with archer's whine threads.

Btw, just reach lvl 30 with my archer char, i know what i'm talking about, don't lie about arrow speed or animation speed. And fyi, dev play this game and they know well the game mechanics and balance.

Plz archersnoob stop your lobbying.

Yeah indeed, its only the archers that keeps trying to improve the way they chose to play the game.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2011, 01:45:06 pm »
Yeah indeed, its only the archers that keeps trying to improve the way they chose to play the game.

ofc not, but look at the forum and you will see more archer whining thread that any other class.

Why? cos it's impossible to one shot armored guys (except headshot) and before patch it was possible, cos now you must anticipate to shoot a moving target, cos now you can't have 200 wpf and be a sniper, cos now you need some time between each shot and you can't be a machinegun anymore. But plz, admit that archery before patch was bs, and admit that now it's balanced, no more OP, but balanced.

And i think the goal of the patch was to have less noob archers.

As i told, i've just reach lvl 30 with my archer char and i have some fun, i don't want archery to be useless, i love to play my archer.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2011, 02:52:51 pm »
It's not even close to balanced.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »
It's not even close to balanced.

Yes, needs further nerfing, until at least half of them GTX.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".