Author Topic: Archery buff  (Read 11489 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: Archery buff
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 05:39:51 pm »
It may have been a troll but if there is archery accuracy buff in the future can I make a suggestion? Make it tiny. Make it really really tiny. Then restore the arrow speed to what it was.

may have been? its definitely a troll... the whole this thread
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 05:52:34 pm »
So you're disagreeing with me by agreeing? WTF?

No, i dont agree with you. Lets go again:

100% of maps is archer paradise for any archer with half a brain to seek a favourable position. The same applies to cavalry and infantry too.
 :twisted:

The point of our discussion is not who has half a brain, a whole one or even none of it.....the point is that not all classes have the same "chances" of being usefull, maps are mostly the ones that regulate it and i think that we should start from there - every class should have an exact same percentage of maps that is "most favourable" for them, to start with and then let their amount of brains decide the outcome rather then results (and gameplay in general) being somehow pre-determined by this moronic choice of archery biased maps.......if you have xy maps in rotation and every single one of em is an archery paradise, even for the dumbest and most incompetent among em, while less then half of these same maps are practically unplayable for other classes then id say youve done something wrong here, in terms of balance, fun and about every other aspect you like. Idiotism of individuals is not the issue here.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »
Lol.  I'm sure it annoys the shit out of archers when people do that  :mrgreen:

Its a pity there is no M. Jackson Moonwalk button.  I'd wee meself if I saw someone doing that and dodging arrows at the same time.  :D

Heh, actually it does not annoy me too much, personally, as I know then I am facing a player who can play the game properly and thus is a challenge to land a hit. Most everyone I know who claims Archers need a further nerf/require-no-skill have a strange fascination with ignoring arrows or presenting backs to archers.

As for moonwalks, I would laugh too hard to do anything, we must have this!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »
No, i dont agree with you. Lets go again:

The point of our discussion is not who has half a brain, a whole one or even none of it.....the point is that not all classes have the same "chances" of being usefull, maps are mostly the ones that regulate it and i think that we should start from there - every class should have an exact same percentage of maps that is "most favourable" for them, to start with and then let their amount of brains decide the outcome rather then results (and gameplay in general) being somehow pre-determined by this moronic choice of archery biased maps.......if you have xy maps in rotation and every single one of em is an archery paradise, even for the dumbest and most incompetent among em, while less then half of these same maps are practically unplayable for other classes then id say youve done something wrong here, in terms of balance, fun and about every other aspect you like. Idiotism of individuals is not the issue here.

Damn you got some serious reading comprehension issues or maybe I was typing sentences that are too witty for you  :lol: Let me make it simple: Every map has a favourable places for all, infantry, archers and cavalry. I have yet to see any map that favors any. Spawns on some maps are pretty wanky though but that is another issue. If you think some map favors archers then you just plain suck as infantry or cavalry.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 10:29:48 pm »
LOL at all the trolling going on here.

Especially the title.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »
It's chadz word through another party. So hearsay but who knows?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:22 pm »
Let me make it simple: Every map has a favourable places for all, infantry, archers and cavalry.

Trolololo?
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »
Archery was OP before, but now its really really bad imo. hybrid archers are not so bad but pure archers are pretty much extinct now. doesn't bother me much cause I just don't bother playing it. but I do think it needs a small buff not to its former glory but honestly make an archer now, I dont see how anyone copes.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:18 pm »
Archery was OP before, but now its really really bad imo. hybrid archers are not so bad but pure archers are pretty much extinct now. doesn't bother me much cause I just don't bother playing it. but I do think it needs a small buff not to its former glory but honestly make an archer now, I dont see how anyone copes.

Archery is fine now, it is a support class like it should be, not the king of the cRPG foodchain. You can still get good scores and top the scoreboard but you need skill, just like any other class(except throwing :)). But even as an average archer you can still help your team a lot and if you take a look on the servers there are still LOADS of archers so I really don't see a problem with archery.

And unless bows will be very rare and expensive archery will still be the king of strategus when it comes back so being a bit weaker in cRPG is a fair tradeoff, don't you think?

* And yes I have an archer alt so I tested it before claiming anything.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 12:22:00 am »
Archery is fine now, it is a support class like it should be, not the king of the cRPG foodchain. You can still get good scores and top the scoreboard but you need skill

The archers that topped the scoreboards pre-patch were also the skilled ones, so no major difference there.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 08:42:19 am »
Every map has a favourable places for all, infantry, archers and cavalry. I have yet to see any map that favors any.

Then you're fucking blind. With all due respect - go get your eyes checked.  :shock:

If you think some map favors archers then you just plain suck as infantry or cavalry.

I rest my case, you're hopeless.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:43:32 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »
Oh, the best counter argument ever!  :rolleyes:

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 03:12:58 pm »
Returning to the original point of this thread...  archery is fine its that the arrows/bolts could move a little bit faster.  :D

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:14:41 pm by Franklin »

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2011, 07:20:57 am »
I never tried archery before until now, and I see how painful it is! Its inaccurate and slow, I would like to see a buff, a little one just to even it out. Also, arrows move so slow, you have to aim in front of them enemy while it walks and a arrow hits it 10 seconds later, the arrows are slow, but if they made arrows move faster it would be perfect.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:22:13 am by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 07:30:34 am »
I never tried archery before until now, and I see how painful it is! Its inaccurate and slow, I would like to see a buff, a little one just to even it out. Also, arrows move so slow, you have to aim in front of them enemy while it walks and a arrow hits it 10 seconds later, the arrows are slow, but if they made arrows move faster it would be perfect.

Welcome to my world, and why I have contempt for anyone who claims that archery is OP. I personally am fine with the Archery strength as is, though perhaps a very small increase to either the speed of the draw or the speed of the round would be nice.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.