Author Topic: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »
You obviously don't know much and yet you're active in every balancing thread.

This mod needs less of your kind to become more attractive to people of my kind.

Hopefully chadz will get tired of paying for NA servers and that might fix that little issue of mine ;)
Kesh respecced and is no longer 35. There might be one person at 35 now though, not sure... As even after the respecc Kesh is still rank 1.

There are only a handful of 34s, no more then two or three dozen. I know of level 33 players who have low rank numbers, 40s and high 30s last I checked a month or so ago. Considering there are 6000 active players, I think that counts as a handful.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:39:35 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Blashyrkh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:13 pm »
about throwers, i think its highly unrealistic to be able to carry 3 axes with the same weight as 1 infantry 1h axe.
about xbow cav, its ridiculous that the bolt stays in the grove of the xbow while galloping 30 mph and not falling out.
also you should root xbows while reloading since it looks ridiculous that when they are reloading their foot is through the stirrup and they can turn around and if the cav is approaching they can just jump out of the way ...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 08:03:54 pm by Blashyrkh »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 12:42:11 am »
too much ranged?.. simple solution.. remove xbow from game.. problem solved.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:21 am »
Better remove archery.Xbows are nice.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 02:30:16 am »
fear ranged? buy a fucking shield.

I went 15-0 as an archer, but only once and I was lvl 33. The fact is that I can shoot 30 arrows, hit 20 people, and go 0-5, and also shoot 30 people, hit 20 people and go 15-0. Damn KS'ing melee! We want assist points!

(Without assist points and/or damage output, we can never ever adequately balance the archer class)

This. I used to loose shafts, for 10 gens I was archer: Some maps I top scoreboard, 20:1 kdr, very next map, 1:5. Shoot same number of arrows, make approx. same number of hits. If it IS possible to create a way to track DMG, not just kills, balance might be possible, but fact remains:

2 melee players close, they fight, 95% of the time one or other of the fighters dies. With ranged players, you engage and spend time/ammo on a large number of enemies who a/ you dont kill, b/ dont kill you: These engagements dont get recorded at all, so the actual, factual, effect of archers is very hard to judge since a lot of their effect is unrecorded.
I don't know enough

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 154
  • Infamy: 2702
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »
+1
fear ranged? buy a fucking shield.

This. I used to loose shafts, for 10 gens I was archer: Some maps I top scoreboard, 20:1 kdr, very next map, 1:5. Shoot same number of arrows, make approx. same number of hits. If it IS possible to create a way to track DMG, not just kills, balance might be possible, but fact remains:

2 melee players close, they fight, 95% of the time one or other of the fighters dies. With ranged players, you engage and spend time/ammo on a large number of enemies who a/ you dont kill, b/ dont kill you: These engagements dont get recorded at all, so the actual, factual, effect of archers is very hard to judge since a lot of their effect is unrecorded.

Who the fuck are you, if I may know? Don't hide behind forum nick, that's lame.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:05 pm »
Who the fuck are you, if I may know? Don't hide behind forum nick, that's lame.

Hiding? O NOO IM HIDING ON TEH INTERNETS. My ingame name is NoYB :D
I don't know enough