Author Topic: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 11:23:29 am »
I sure used to melee more and run less when I could carry a good longsword instead of a weak hatchet.

You can carry good 1h or 1h that work as 2h or mace. There are plenty of choices for archer to become good in melee.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 12:31:47 pm »
+4
You DO realize that you can't actually play this theoretical godly archer build that supposedly exists. The Upkeep for this Legolas would be like maintaining Black Plate with Flamberge and Plated Charger. Not to mention he would need to be lvl 36 or more to be damaging enough and accurate enough to actually do the things that are purported here.
What you've created in this thread is some kind of crazy FrankensteinArcher with every attribute you've ever seen from an archer that kicked your ass.

:twisted:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
+1
Level 34 is enough to do those things.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »
+3
Level 34 is enough to do those things.

That's the equivalent of 8 gens.  See you in 4 months!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 08:17:18 pm »
Yet people have lvl 34. And they have 15-0 scores as archers with just lvl 30. Sure, they don't excel at melee, but are good enough to kill people.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2011, 08:31:34 pm »
Yet people have lvl 34. And they have 15-0 scores as archers with just lvl 30. Sure, they don't excel at melee, but are good enough to kill people.

Wait, are you telling me someone somewhere went 15-0 as an archer?  That changes everything I said, NERF THEEEM!

As far as I know there is one person at level 35, and maybe a handful or so at level 34.  You can have an extra power-draw and still be pretty accurate as an archer at level 34, but even still it's not going to be gamebreaking.

Basically what I'm saying is that's not a very strong argument.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »
There are about 1000 people who have 31+ lvl. About 20-30 (i bet closer to 30) people have lvl 34 as far as i know. And the number grow.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »
+1
Wait, are you telling me someone somewhere went 15-0 as an archer?  That changes everything I said, NERF THEEEM!

As far as I know there is one person at level 35, and maybe a handful or so at level 34.  You can have an extra power-draw and still be pretty accurate as an archer at level 34, but even still it's not going to be gamebreaking.

Basically what I'm saying is that's not a very strong argument.

I went 15-0 as an archer, but only once and I was lvl 33. The fact is that I can shoot 30 arrows, hit 20 people, and go 0-5, and also shoot 30 people, hit 20 people and go 15-0. Damn KS'ing melee! We want assist points!

(Without assist points and/or damage output, we can never ever adequately balance the archer class)
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 11:35:10 am »
+1
There are about 1000 people who have 31+ lvl. About 20-30 (i bet closer to 30) people have lvl 34 as far as i know. And the number grow.

I'd be hard pressed to believe there are 1,000 people in this mod, yet alone at level 31.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 03:06:26 pm »
+2
I'd be hard pressed to believe there are 1,000 people in this mod, yet alone at level 31.

I know right? It's like the same 120 people playing 24 hours a day!

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »
+2
I'd rather just see a limit of 1 quiver per archer/xbowman and a slight increase in the number of arrows/bolts per quiver so compensate.  Looming shouldn't matter as this disadvantages new players massively

I'd say the following numbers should be about right
Arrows = 36
Barbed Arrows = 32
Tartar Arrows = 30
Bodkins = 24
Bolts = 24
Steel Bolts = 16

Doing it this way would limit the number of arrows/bolts per archer/crossbowman in the same way, but still leave plenty of choice for melee weapons.  This is important as the idea of limiting arrows is to force archers into melee towards the end of rounds.

The only other thing that needs doing is the disabling of weapon racks in cRPG.  They defeat the purpose of limiting arrows so it will be pretty daft to keep them in.  They also encourage camping.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 06:33:10 pm »
+1
I know right? It's like the same 120 people playing 24 hours a day!

each with 483 alts since i'm ranked in the 58000s having just retired :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2011, 06:44:52 pm »
You DO realize that you can't actually play this theoretical godly archer build that supposedly exists. The Upkeep for this Legolas would be like maintaining Black Plate with Flamberge and Plated Charger. Not to mention he would need to be lvl 36 or more to be damaging enough and accurate enough to actually do the things that are purported here.
What you've created in this thread is some kind of crazy FrankensteinArcher with every attribute you've ever seen from an archer that kicked your ass.

:twisted:

Basically this. Every archer who has kited you senselessly is not the same archer who has nuked you with a pair of shots against your strength build.

This would be like me trying to add shik's 9PD character to her older archer with 24 agility, then try and smash into it Fallen_Dach's melee archer (who basically uses his bow as bait for people to close with him).
As for fears of level 34s and up, those numbers are extremely small, and they grow about a person every two months at best... Likely less. Most people "fatigue" once hitting level 32. Precious few people don't retire their mains in the grand scope of things.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 398
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »
As far as I know there is one person at level 35, and maybe a handful or so at level 34.

You obviously don't know much and yet you're active in every balancing thread.

This mod needs less of your kind to become more attractive to people of my kind.

Hopefully chadz will get tired of paying for NA servers and that might fix that little issue of mine ;)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »
+1
You obviously don't know much and yet you're active in every balancing thread.

This mod needs less of your kind to become more attractive to people of my kind.

Hopefully chadz will get tired of paying for NA servers and that might fix that little issue of mine ;)

Who cares about actual responses or rebuttals when we can just fling insults and wallow in a warming under served smug sense of superiority because of our geographical location? Leshma, modern poster for a modern age.