Poll

Walkout until strat 4.0 or even just play skyrim and wait for M&B2 that will have all these features but better balancing?

Yes, chadz is a tool who doesn't realize how little people can trust his game after that.
65 (35.9%)
no, im  a UIF crony and like ugly hairy russians
116 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?  (Read 14239 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:38 am »
    I think if In the second strategus these wizards appeared immediately after dup  gear after battles, or after a huge growth in the armies without gold (just over two hours after 1st army such army began to appear everywhere, at least two were your Kesh). So I think if they do same as now -  right now we would have enjoyed playing in the second strategus.

PS. Also our leaders have "Ius primae noctis" rights
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:33:01 am by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2011, 11:39:16 am »
+2
Ever notice how the first person to be punished for doing anything wrong always points the finger in a wide circle and says "But they were doing it too" as though that were some sort of defense? Also, claims that you "weren't told" that this was an exploit lead people to believe that collectively your clan has little reasoning ability. Hmm, a game about battle- i know I think chadz coded in the ability to keep our fief safe 24/7 as a feature!

Do you think anyone believes that rubbish? First rule of PR and spin is to make the story believable, for your story to work we'd have to all believe each and every one of your members that knew about this act were literally retarded to not be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that a permalock is an exploit.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 11:41:13 am »
+9
+1 to fallen, and to Loki expecially, the guy comes to forum one month ago saying there is a glitch that you can exploit, he says many times that he wants something to be done, nothing is done, he uses the glitch, clearly said that's an exploit, he is punished for using this exploit and he says thank you!

This is what i call high moral ground.

View both of these to know whats going on
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21466.0.html
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21454.0.html

Why do you put the link of the same thread that we are in? I guess if ppl read your post is that they read the first post no?
Hospi are strange guys....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:03:38 pm by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »
Punisher handles servers and is hardly active lately and even then why would this change what chadz thinks of us?

Was referring to the bit where Kesh said the devs were acting "in favor of factions they support".

Clearly only somethign which benifits the Nords would be such.

Anyway, i think it was a fun mathc to watch and im sure for some to fight in but wether or not it was justified is irrelevant.

cRPG isnt a democracy, and the devs are above any law.
Turtles

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2011, 12:27:16 pm »
Yerr! And does ne 1 remember why strat ended ubruptly last time? Does Kesh stealing a town by using haxploits ring a bell? Hrm??
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »
+2
Is a bit dumb that chadz and co did this. If it's ever going to be fair they are going to have to do the same against a lot more people in the future.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2011, 12:45:37 pm »
If i have to pick between ugly hairy russians and kesh i pick ugly hairy russians
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2011, 12:48:29 pm »
+1
If i have to pick between ugly hairy russians and kesh i pick ugly hairy russians

lol

Any way its just a game stop bitching and just have fun with it :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:22 pm »
+2
Yerr! And does ne 1 remember why strat ended ubruptly last time? Does Kesh stealing a town by using haxploits ring a bell? Hrm??

What about those huge armies with huge equipments? What about the clans who found it out and then started to
attack as much as they can as fast as they can so they get armies with incredible amount of money. What about those.
What about those guys multiaccounting so much last start? Wasnt that gamebreaking. Dont always point your finger
on one single guys if last strat was 100% the result  of exploits from multiple clans. HRE and Fallen were clean last time. lots of others not.

I am happy that they punished us/fallen but i also hope that was not a single shot.
What this was worth can be seen if the next exploit is getting public. But dont expect some other
clans to admit they did exploit a bug.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »
+6
Fallens got what was deserved but....

1) The punishment is arbitrary and random in its execution.  With such a system how do you ensure future crimes get a proportional punishment?

2) How do you police it when from now on people will just use proxys, non-faction members or other factions in secret deals to do this.  Alternatively they could just lie and say they forgot about the auto attack bug or they hit attack by mistake. 

- Pecores attacked Aab by mistake and whilst i don't think for a second that it was anything but a mistake, it still tied Aab up for 24 hours. Anybody who claims that they made a mistake will always be able to point to this example from now on as proof that it does happen and that the Devs accepted it in the past.
- Hospitallers auto attacked Dashbigha for a 2nd time.  Forgetfulness about the bug or a deliberate attempt to make sure the village couldn't be counter attacked? 

3) How much Dev time is now going to have to be spent investigating and punishing people in Strat instead of designing and implementing ways of preventing this?

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »
+5
I haven't been active in strategus for some time since it has been extremely boring to me for some time now, just know what happened from this thread but Im kind of sad to see Fallen members abusing bugs like that.  However, though i might be a bit bias here since im in Fallens but Imho Fallens really have been one of the least exploitive clans. Im not claiming that the punishment was not deserved but given some even worse BS that other clans have gotten away with, just randomly showing up and killing off 1000 troops for a clan that has done a lot less shit like that compared to some others seems kind of stupid to me. Specially if the bug was reported over a month ago by our member and the devs haven't reacted to it at all since then.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:26:27 pm by Cyber »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2011, 03:41:49 pm »
Hilarious, I would say.

I trust we will be seeing a lot of this in the future, now that a decision to police the game in this fashion has been made. On that particular balance hangs whether this was just a kind of a dick move, instead of a creative and entertaining way to cut down on abuse.

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »
+1
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square......

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2011, 03:51:25 pm »
Heh, it takes quite a lot get the devs' attention. First that thread about the glich is ingnored for almost a month.
Then Fallens finally give that thread a "free bumb" by delaying an attack of a 3000 man army and openly admitting that it was pure glich abuse to bring up the bug. Basicly we just sacrificed 1k equipped troops to get the glich some attention from the devs.

Ofc, this still doesn't change the fact that it was a douchbag'ish thing to use the bug against Occitian. And I think we should apologise to them. But I still end up blaming the devs. Simply saying that "Abusing the attack-own-fief-to-change-ownership to delay an attack against the village is not allowed" would probably have prevented this.

And since the actions punish us were taken by in-game means, I think we should have been able to loot those boomsticks and carpets :D