Poll

Walkout until strat 4.0 or even just play skyrim and wait for M&B2 that will have all these features but better balancing?

Yes, chadz is a tool who doesn't realize how little people can trust his game after that.
65 (35.9%)
no, im  a UIF crony and like ugly hairy russians
116 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?  (Read 14245 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:25 am »
+1
Well as long as this happens to everyone exploiting any bug in strategus from now on, I'm completely ok with this.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 08:14:55 am »
+7
I'm willing to exploit every mechanic possible in order to get you guys to attack Tadsamesh with flying carpets.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:16:18 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 08:16:15 am »
+2
lol uif is responsible for this too. ahaha, nice one Kesh %)
Igni et ferro

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 08:17:50 am »
+2
chadz's credibility 1 year ago : (Awesome) [---------|---] (Shit)
chadz's credibility 6 months ago : (Awesome) [----|-------] (Shit)
chadz's crediblity after the flying carpet event : (Awesome) [|------------] (Shit)

Fixed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:02 am »
Actually, BRD did with Jelbegi as well as a few other clans around the same time I believe.

Lol, Jelbegi was an autoatatck after we took it.  We had no control over that.  No one was going to attack Jelbegi.  What are you smoking.  It also is the onlyw ay to transfer fiefs between clanmates because of stupid chadz implementation.  So when people attack their own village it likely means they are 1) switching onwership or 2) they just took it and its an autoattack bug
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 08:27:18 am »
Such vitriol.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 08:29:30 am »
+4
yeah man... almost every faction with 2+ fiefs has auto attacked one of their fiefs after the initial battle cause of bugs.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 08:31:58 am »
+1
We can pretty much expect the next time that autoattack bug kicks in, the village we just took will also be attacked by developers breaking the game engine and fucking individual players over to get their jollies off.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:33 am »
+4
How can someone be as dumb as you, Kesh?

The very fact that no one was punished who autoattacked their fiefs because of a bug, and that the only ones to ABUSE IT TO GET AN ADVANTAGE /were/ punished proves you're full of shit.

Not that anyone needs proof of that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:29 am »
+4
sorry to see you go kesh, lemme get dem looms?

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 08:55:05 am »
+4
I know it was not the #1 fairplay tactic but it was possible to do and so we did it - without useing any kind of cheat or stuff. (I think if this was ok or not was discussed enought by now guys...)

More important part for me:
Its not like someone EVER told anyone this is not to be done...Actually it was reported 1 month ago by one of our members (Mannhammer) and there was no statement or reaction from anyone of the devs. [ -> http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19928.msg307881/boardseen.html#new     but correct me if i am wrong] 

So now Fallens got attacked by flying carpets + fireballs(which was kind of funny nonetheless) loosing 900 tickets only because Chazds felt like it - without ever speaking one single word about this topic?
Other ppl aboozed real hard stuff before -going unpunished- and I bet there are still a lot of multiaccounts around...so instead of fixing the bug or speaking up just troll around? Kind of low for someone how is supposed to be a neutral admin and stuff...

I am tbh kind of disappointed...personally I can't stand admins doing whatever they want without applying ANY kind of rules or specification! How can one know if he is doing something that wrong? Is everyone who DOES something wrong being ambushed by some kind of absurd punishment out of midair? There are NO rules to be found for strat in this forum AT ALL!

In the end: dont get me wrong I am well aware that the devs give a lot of their freetime and work for a mod like this, I have done comparable things and I know it can be annoying as fuck some days...but without any kind of guideline -or even a single [private] word from the devs- how the hack shall one know whats ok and whats just crossing the line?

greetz
Mike

In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline HKinematix

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • It's by doing whatever that one becomes whoever.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kinematix, Ragix
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 09:05:36 am »
Yeah, honestly you sort of had it coming. Have nothing against you guys or what not but this is a "exploit" in strat that the devs are aware of and are trying to fix. People have used this exploit but the thing is it's usually not that big of a deal whether it be changing fief owners or delaying a battle. However when it's a battle like this involving so many people and clans it tends to cause more of a fiasco. You guys would have been clean but I do believe someone from your clan did admit to exploiting this bug openly. Of course their was dire consequences since someone out-right openly admitted it. Like everyone has said some people have exploited this bug however they didn't go out and say they were actually exploiting this bug. Since they did not actually say it no one has proof and therefore the devs could not do anything before. However when someone does have proof or admittedly uses such exploits to their advantage theirs consequences. I am some-what happy the devs did this, it kind of shows everyone else in strat what will happen to them if they try to use an exploit to their advantage until they finally add in that whole transfer ownership of fief system in. Although that is just my two cents.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:51 am »
+6
Yeah, honestly you sort of had it coming. Have nothing against you guys or what not but this is a "exploit" in strat that the devs are aware of and are trying to fix. People have used this exploit but the thing is it's usually not that big of a deal whether it be changing fief owners or delaying a battle. However when it's a battle like this involving so many people and clans it tends to cause more of a fiasco. You guys would have been clean but I do believe someone from your clan did admit to exploiting this bug openly. Of course their was dire consequences since someone out-right openly admitted it. Like everyone has said some people have exploited this bug however they didn't go out and say they were actually exploiting this bug. Since they did not actually say it no one has proof and therefore the devs could not do anything before. However when someone does have proof or admittedly uses such exploits to their advantage theirs consequences. I am some-what happy the devs did this, it kind of shows everyone else in strat what will happen to them if they try to use an exploit to their advantage until they finally add in that whole transfer ownership of fief system in. Although that is just my two cents.

so it would have been better for loki not to admit it? to just keep his mouth shut? or lie? cause then they woulda got away with it? the lesson here is... exploit like mad, just dont tell anyone about it and hope they dont fix it or punish you? fallen has been the number 1 advocate of getting this fixed the entire time, now they used it themselves because even after all this time, no fix and no warning not to do it, and how does loki react? he is glad they are finally punishing people for exploiting... in other words, his use of the exploit had 2 goals.. #1 and most important, was to delay the battle... and #2 was to make the exploit so well known that it would get enough attention to be fixed/addressed... #1 was a success... #2 is a partial success, as the devs still havent acknowledged it or anything, with the communication we have gotten from them, whos to say they didnt just fuck with fallen cause they felt like it and it had nothing to do with the exploit? (no i dont actually believe that, but it would be nice if they would just up and say "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!").

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 09:16:34 am »
so it would have been better for loki not to admit it? to just keep his mouth shut? or lie? cause then they woulda got away with it? the lesson here is... exploit like mad, just dont tell anyone about it and hope they dont fix it or punish you? fallen has been the number 1 advocate of getting this fixed the entire time, now they used it themselves because even after all this time, no fix and no warning not to do it, and how does loki react? he is glad they are finally punishing people for exploiting... in other words, his use of the exploit had 2 goals.. #1 and most important, was to delay the battle... and #2 was to make the exploit so well known that it would get enough attention to be fixed/addressed... #1 was a success... #2 is a partial success, as the devs still havent acknowledged it or anything, with the communication we have gotten from them, whos to say they didnt just fuck with fallen cause they felt like it and it had nothing to do with the exploit? (no i dont actually believe that, but it would be nice if they would just up and say "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!").

The notification is coming with the changelog.  Quit being impatient.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 09:22:11 am »
+7
Frankly Fallen and HRE have been the least exploitive clans to date but constantly fighting dickweed clans that exploit up the wazoo and nothign happens to them.  So they succumb to taking advantage of a game feature and openlya dmit it and they get developer  )1 not fixing the problem but instead 2) going on joy ride killing 1000 of their troops taht took 1000 man hours to recruit just before they are being attacked by far superior numbers of troops.  Yeah, its an assholish move that destorys any trust in the agme engine rules when theya re not fixing, but instead arbitrarily and randomly punishing those they don't like with completely random and senseles punishments  where 95% of the people harmed are completely innocent of any exploit. 

So yes, its fucking retarded they took this out on an entire clan witha  random pnishment because they decided arbitrarily to punish for this while repeatedly ignoring in the past far FAR more blatant and flagrant abuse of game mechanics and beyond game mechanics that are often still being done (thank you segd of druzhina for explaining how to control an entire clan's accounts on one computer without getting caught by cosntantly changing your dynamic IP address)(ps - insider info: one of the requirements for joining DRZ, have to give their leaders your cd code so they can access it, wtf, WTF!!)