Author Topic: Bezerker  (Read 1871 times)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
Bezerker
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:10:11 am »
Bezerker charcter. How is it done?

My desire is to jump into the midst of a horde of enemies, then spam a 2h weapon like a monster, shrugging off all attempts at stopping me. Then I die.

What sort of build would i need? High strength for IF and PS? I need the agility for spamability though.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bezerker
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:12:53 am »
I would recommend 27/15 with maxed PS and ATH, only 3 WM. Or, if you want IF, I'd roll 24/15 with the extra points in IF. Weapon master over 3 is essentially a luxury. If you really want it you could do the 24/15 build with more WM and less IF.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 01:39:53 am »
Level 31 (8 892 403 xp)

Strength: 21
Agility: 21

Hit points: 60

Converted: 12
Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 0
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 157
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Naked with biggest 2h axe you can get.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:42 am »
ArchonAlarion, I see that that build is lacking in iron flesh. If I play that nekked, I am probably going to die no? I don't mind dieing, but I do mind dieing before I can get kills in. Remember I don't plan on blocking.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:24:39 am »
With no armor iron flesh isn't going to save you anyway, I don't know why there's two in that build if you're not going to block you might as well maximize your killing potential or footwork potential or something other than 4 hit points.
-idlewind

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 08:16:45 am »
If you're naked you always need to be hitting first.  Even very successful naked players, like the guy with the great maul, can only take two hits.  If you want to go berserk get super high strength, heavy chest armour and gloves, high PS (+ whatever athletics and weapons master you can find spare), and a great long bardiche*:

weight 3.75
requirement 18
spd rtng 88
weapon length 155
swing damage 47, cut
thrust damage 18 pierce
Can't use on horseback
Unbalanced
Bonus against Shield

You'll one hit shields, often 1 hit players, [perhaps stun?  (I don't fully know the mechanics of this)], 1 hit horses, long enough range to keep people back, monster swings, and you'll look scary if you can find a good haircut.

Other suggestions:
- the heraldic transitional mail looks great/scary if you can find a good banner to paint it with
- don't get a helmet => it weighs a lot and doesn't look as cool as barbarian hair
- don't get a young face
- Possible build:

Level: 30
Strength: 33
Agility: 6
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 8
Powerstrike: 11
Athletics: 2
Weapon Master: 2
Polearms: 125

* It's a great weapon but not always a 1 hit kill on armoured opponents, even with my suggested build.  If you want consistent 1-hits you'll need to find a blunt or pierce weapon with more than 40 damage or just save yourself till everyone is hurt.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:25:34 am »
I'm quite annoyed to hear countless assumptions, that berserkers were nekkid men with giant double-bladed axes and in horned helmets.
Nope, they wore bear (and sometimes wolf) pelts, and extensively used shields. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker And also, apparently, were often armed with spears, as a tribute to Odin.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:32:59 am by Dunecat »
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:25 pm »
well yeah, berzerker comes form bear sarks = one who wears bear skins.

and yeah they used shields/axes/spears so as long as you are using any of those -- you are doing it right.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 04:01:07 pm »
I only suggested points in iron flesh because I assumed people would be miffed if I didn't. personally, I never take ironflesh for any of my chars.

As for the historical accuracy, I figured the thread creator's vision of a bezerker was more cinematic.

New build:

Level 31 (8 892 403 xp)

Strength: 21
Agility: 21

Hit points: 56

Converted: 12

Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 0
Athletics: 6
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0

Weapon Master: 7

One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 165
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:03:55 pm by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 08:59:02 pm »
Piece of advice:
Go pole arms since you want to use an axe with reach and there are no 2handers good for what you want, and use either a Great Long Axe or a Great Long Bardiche. Your choice of either speed or range.

Without armor OR blocking, well.... Then yeah you will need a higher agility build so you will have athletics & footwork as your armor. Anyways, here is the build I would do and it is definitely the most survivable.

**18 Strength is non negotiable. It is the requirement for the great long bardiche, which forces some pretty balanced builds as a result. This would wreck face just used normally :P
At level 30 You'll be this:
(click to show/hide)
Note the 5 unused skill points, which is your decision. You can convert them to reach 18/18 faster, or you could have fun with stealing horses, put points in shield for fun, whatever.
You always want your builds to be a level 30 goal, because everyone retires at 31 anyways :P

However, if you want a level 31 build -- here is where those 5 points come in important.
(click to show/hide)
Alternatively, You could go strength at level 31 like this.
(click to show/hide)
With great long bardiche, the 18 strength build's base damage is 80. The 21 strength build's base damage is 85. (This is Vs. someone naked, with no speed bonus multiplier)
Vs someone in black armor? You would do anywhere from 8 to 40 damage. Random number generator gets really into it with high armor values.

Edited for ease of reading & errors.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:14:05 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:49 pm »
My desire is to jump into the midst of a horde of enemies, then spam a 2h weapon like a monster, shrugging off all attempts at stopping me. Then I die.

You don't need a special built to jump into a crowd and die  :P
Bererk is in the mind, not on the paper.

Piece of advice:
Go pole arms since you want to use an axe with reach and there are no 2handers good for what you want, and use either a Great Long Axe or a Great Long Bardiche. Your choice of either speed or range.

He is right: 2H axes have a bad range (from 90 to 96) and most 1H swords you see on the battlefield are longer (95 to 103). That may sound weird but 1hander will easily outrange your 2H axe.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »
Hm many valid points and good builds here. I'll keep them in mind for my next character.

And historical accuracy playes no part in this: I AM NEKKED AND ANGRY AND SPAMMY.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:48:58 pm »
This thread made me want to play again the character I spent most time making it's face to resemble an angry berserker :P

I was going for axes only but I prefer 2h list of arsenal and I wanted a mallet too :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's tough sometimes going without a helm but I like it's face and one of the only helm I like that fits with barbaric style is barbutte tough it costs a little on upkeep and is heavy as a starter.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 10:43:39 am »
Berzerkers also wore mail and or leather cuz they wernt stupid...
plus berzerkers would wear very intimidating additions to their armour like a bearskin or wolfpelt. So my suggestion high strength build lots of ps and if. And be sure to look scary. Berzerkers also wore large helmets sometimes but most didn't care

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 03:29:45 pm »
31 lvl
80hp
Converted: 6
Strength: 27
Agility: 12
Converted: 6
Ironflesh: 9
Power Strike: 9
Athletics: 4
Weapon Master: 4
Two Handed: 141
No reason to convert many points,1 str gives 1hp and 1agi gives 0.5% of speed.It was always funny for me when people instead of making 2 skills in ironflesh and geting 4 hp converting it in to 1 str to get 1 hp.Really strange. :?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:35:57 pm by DarkFox »