Poll

The na maps?

are awesome?
13 (13.8%)
Are bad and they need to be fixed
20 (21.3%)
Are super bad and who every is setting them up needs to be raped by a bear
31 (33%)
Tears of Destiny is a bad admin for not fixing this shitty maps?
30 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: So tried of this shitty maps in Na  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: So tried of this shitty maps in Na
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:07 pm »
I'm actually impressed that Tears had the balls to even give us random plains maps in the rotation, because I still remember the bad ol' days of ats map rotation. It was 15 city maps balanced out by 5 cave/tunnel maps. I don't ever want to see that shit again. I remember when we had to beg and plead to see one map with out a building to put ladders on, or one that wasn't specifically made to cater to infantry and only infantry.

+1 to Tears for giving us at least a few random maps, and promoting balance and team-play.

Thank you kindly.

Tears is a tyrannical map dictator.

Shush you! Go back to the other side of the pond!

I can only work so fast, if Shik was not so busy and could help me more often *pointed look* then I could update more often. Please be patient!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:28:17 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 11:31:28 pm »
Shush you! Go back to the other side of the pond!

« Last Edit: Today at 23:21:56 by Braeden »

That mad man Braeden is trying to soil my good name by changing my posts! I think its time for a battle of the admins.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 11:35:59 pm »
+1

« Last Edit: Today at 23:21:56 by Braeden »

That mad man Braeden is trying to soil my good name by changing my posts! I think its time for a battle of the admins.

I surrender.  I am not fighting a war with a Nord, that is just asking to lose.

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:47 pm »
+1
Sweet smell of victory.

I don't see anything wrong with the NA maps personally, I play on NA quite often (though sometimes on secret alts spying on the other admins and marking their performance down on my sheet). I like the large number of maps, I rarely see the same one twice in a day, hurray!
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »
+1
Couldn't decide between vote #3 or #4.

I picked #3, but sign me up for both if possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:03 am »
would it help if i put up a guide to teach people how to dick around on maps, and adding them to a server rotation? cuz id be happy to do it :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:58 am »
Yeah most of the maps are pretty terrible on the NA server, but what are you gonna do?  There's no competition so it's put up or shut up.  Some of the maps are really good maps and seem balanced, but most of them just seem like "siege" type maps with no flags to cap.

That being said...I'd rather have a lot of map variety (including terrible maps) than just the 10-15 ones that I enjoy playing on.  But seriously, some of them are just terrible...if you want to play siege, there's servers for that.  I am thankful they added some random plains maps to the server rotation, but I think you'd be better off switching of them to random steppes.  Sometimes you get some really flat plains maps with little or no terrain that can be used to anyone's advantage.

I like when people are forced to rely on their teammates and the terrain rather than corner camping buildings like we're playing SOCOM on PS2.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:47:41 am by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 12:47:02 am »
Maps should all be smoothed with no silly huge elevation changes or overly cluttered terrain, this is a game that emphasizes footwork, and has terrible glitchy movement mechanics over certain terain types, especially slopes. The maps are not "bad" and some talented mappers put a ton of time into them, many of them are simply not suited for the game as it currently is. A simpler rotation of smoothed, simple maps would be better.

Offline Wojtek_the_Kurwa_Great

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wojtek
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:54 am »
Every day you see widespread bitching about the maps in server - the poll should've been more serious, but the numbers still speak for themselves.

You also have to bring into account the people that don't even frequent the forums (such as myself but i'm sick this week) that are displeased. 

It is a small community for a small indie game - It would be a shame to see the numbers dwindle because people are simply bored of the maps in rotation on the only viable servers.

A simple democratic system should be brought into effect, voting maps in over time to not be overwhelmed.

That being said, qmd or qmu even work?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:05:59 am by Wojtek_the_Kurwa_Great »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:46 am »
I used to be heavy into mapping and managing maps here, but like my entire clan, i got fed up and bored with this game and quit to move on to other things, now out of 40+ gamers (with some exceptions who found other clans) none of us can play cprg for more than half an hour at a time without getting bored and leaving. The map rotation is not the problem, the game, map makers and the people that have the keys to the rotation are all volunteers and don't have an incentive to put in more hours. Complaining on the forums does not solve the problems this game has, first of which seems to be that they have fiddled so much with the code as to render it inherently unstable.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 01:35:25 am »
I think mainly it might help it we had the rotation set up so everything was evenly distributed (though that would be a lot of work), so you don't get clumps of map types, but it evenly alternate, like plains1>>urban1>>village1>>rocky1>>plains2>>urban2>>etc
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 01:39:51 am »
Like  I said, its all well and good to talk about it on the forums, but until someone cares enough to step up to the plate, manage maps, tell people with new maps that they suck, and not dissapear for months at a time it is all a moot point. Moot I say!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:44:14 am by Nasturtium »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 02:15:34 am »
So is Tears able to change siege rotation as well?  Or should we just convert it into a 50 man ATS battle map server

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:56 am »
1time siege had map change polls on and the admins disappeared so we got to change to maps that we had never seen, AND 1 classic map that we never see anymore. Oh I forgot to mention we hit 75 players on siege that day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 03:08:01 am »
Contrary to popular opinion, we do track the QMD and QMU features. If you want to let us know you hate a map or dislike it, use that feature.

The reason why it seems to not be working is because so many of you are spreading the info "don't bother." So... Start bothering. Make me happy, please.