Author Topic: 0.250 released  (Read 85213 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: 0.250 released
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:17 am »
the launcher is great indeed, but now it overwrites my banner-packs and sounds mods with every little patch, annoying ...

I just tested, it doesn't. Unless:
- it's the first time you are running it
- you are running an old version of the launcher (the one that chadz posted a few days ago)
- you are deleting filelist.txt
- the patch changes those files (not the case)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:02:12 am by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:44 am »
i just tried to click cancel on my screen....

Ha ha... :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2011, 01:01:19 am »
I'm just getting this everytime... :cry:

Is your connection really slow?

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2011, 01:04:42 am »
put launcher in warband folder and try again
Thanks to you and Kato it worked !!!
and Xant ... lol u fucking asshole i support blanket ban turks ofc but you should unban Panös in return !!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:10:38 am by koyama »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2011, 01:07:00 am »
Thanks to you and Kato it worked !!!
and Xant ... lol u fucking asshole i support blanket ban turks ofc but you should unban beer in return !!!!

I don't support blanket ban of turks, I love me some bashis, I just quoted Paul :(
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 2940
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2011, 01:08:52 am »
I love me some bashis

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:26 am »
same here, am I doing something wrong or is it just a bug needing a fix?
I'll help you out tomorrow. Find me in TS when I get home.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:42 am »
Is your connection really slow?

Nope, i'm not sure why this is happening, i'll have to get someone to send me the c-rpg folder for the time being...

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2011, 01:10:00 am »

I literally loled . :lol:

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2011, 01:32:49 am »
So, has the way you get crafting skills changed?  I really want to stop wearing this light armor and dirt cheap weapons in the hopes of getting the message...

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:39 am »
+1
nice launcher.
now tell me, are you fucking drunk? i bet you are afraid of posting changelog bec this item balance looks like it's done by someone having NO FUCKING IDEA of game mechanics.
Ppl are raging, and still have to find out what really changed, guess you realized a lot more would rage with a complete log. Oh and also, GG balancing items without a a heirloom respec, the marketplace is a really good excuse for you i guess. Is it so hard to make the heirloom respec generation based?is it so hard to add 450k in the inventory of everyone for every loompoint over their gen count? seriously telling us this is beta is a total joke, plus you only take time to reply to ppl raging and i still have to see a  decent reply by you regarding item balance.
Not gonan post shit like "OMFG YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SUCK MY DICK", but you deserve every single line of rage from all these guys.
happy xmas
edit: not to talk about kinn not sleeping for weeks to figure out strategus gear, so i finally add the FU ASSHOLE line.

I don't like this attitude. What the devs are doing here is their freetime and not paid professional work (as in professional work that gets paid, I don't say chadz' coding etc. is not professional).
But still I need to forward this because it shows some issues I have with your work, devs:
You need to stay in contact with the community, it's crucial! Hey, if you don't have the frickin time or nerve for it, then HIRE someone! there are some admins whom you can trust that do that already, trying to communicate things, but you only put obstacles in their way. Take them as 'official cRPG publisher' whatever, this whole undirected rage-thing will work out much better, for the positive I guess! Just make sure it's transparent or at least has a goddamn changelog ... !

See, I was actually thinking about raging about the loadingscreen just now, I think you forget to put it in - but heck, the whole thing is a mess, none knows what you're doing! Fuck the loadingscreen, I mean the balancing back an forth, and so on. Seriously, I'm afraid you actually HAVE "no ******* idea" of game mechanics ... did you EVER considered answering to what I wrote in the 'Game Balance Discussion' corner? that long-as-shit so-called "Open letter to the devs"?

And now to make sure you all understood: this is not about my person, my long work on loadingscreens, texting as hell, etc. - it's about COMMUNICATION. If game developers don't even care about explaining, we can all go and play with dices again. I fucking know what I am talking about, I want to make games one day, and THIS is a nice and easy way to lose even hard boiled players.
Just try and explain the ways you go with that, don't always surprise us. If I'd have known that you don't want realism, I wouldn't have written that damn letter. And I'm not the only one being frustrated here.

Now I'm eager to test what you've done, wish me luck.
Kajia

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2011, 01:44:52 am »
i'll go play in AU with 300 ping as a rebellion!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2011, 01:46:36 am »
StabbityStabStabSpammyStabbitySpamSpam

I wish I had a German now.

Oh, by the way, I think the stab is horrible and overpowered. Are you guys serious about this change? I thought this was unintentional somehow.

This
Turtles

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2011, 01:47:19 am »
Has anyone figured out the problem of the launcher crashing on update/install ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:49:34 am by Lizard_man »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2011, 01:50:36 am »
I don't like this attitude. What the devs are doing here is their freetime and not paid professional work (as in professional work that gets paid, I don't say chadz' coding etc. is not professional).
But still I need to forward this because it shows some issues I have with your work, devs:
You need to stay in contact with the community, it's crucial! Hey, if you don't have the frickin time or nerve for it, then HIRE someone! there are some admins whom you can trust that do that already, trying to communicate things, but you only put obstacles in their way. Take them as 'official cRPG publisher' whatever, this whole undirected rage-thing will work out much better, for the positive I guess! Just make sure it's transparent or at least has a goddamn changelog ... !

See, I was actually thinking about raging about the loadingscreen just now, I think you forget to put it in - but heck, the whole thing is a mess, none knows what you're doing! Fuck the loadingscreen, I mean the balancing back an forth, and so on. Seriously, I'm afraid you actually HAVE "no ******* idea" of game mechanics ... did you EVER considered answering to what I wrote in the 'Game Balance Discussion' corner? that long-as-shit so-called "Open letter to the devs"?

And now to make sure you all understood: this is not about my person, my long work on loadingscreens, texting as hell, etc. - it's about COMMUNICATION. If game developers don't even care about explaining, we can all go and play with dices again. I fucking know what I am talking about, I want to make games one day, and THIS is a nice and easy way to lose even hard boiled players.
Just try and explain the ways you go with that, don't always surprise us. If I'd have known that you don't want realism, I wouldn't have written that damn letter. And I'm not the only one being frustrated here.

Now I'm eager to test what you've done, wish me luck.
Kajia

In the interests of providing some communication:

[19:46] <Shikk> oh
[19:46] <Shikk> did someone forget to add Kajia's loading screens
[19:47] <@cmp> Shikk added them 10 mins ago