Author Topic: Bonus EXP and GOLD for killing?  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Bonus EXP and GOLD for killing?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »
+1
Well, if it's people who cried like whiny little girls that the mod was dead, and felt that they had to make a thread about how they wouldn't play cRPG anymore because of it, then yeah I'd make fun of them too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »
Hahahahahahaaa I can imagine Xant sitting in front of his PC writing down everyone who quits cRPG "You wont go coming back Homeboy!" :D
HAHAHA i agree.

Xant = Siiem

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
OLD CRPG!!!! Wooooooohoooooo!!!!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »
HAHAHA i agree.

Xant = Siiem

Hey su, you did not quit, you got global banned for being a stupid fuck.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 06:57:32 pm »
Hey su, you did not quit, you got global banned for being a stupid fuck.
I still wonder whos the talking vagina in youre relation ship Xant or you?
Who takes the female part, i mean youre crying like an infant. I figure out xant is very rude to your ass. Maybe this makes you speaking like a vagina....farting instead of articulate xD
vrMega must take the doctor roll, sewing youre ass right?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »
+1
I still wonder whos the talking vagina in youre relation ship Xant or you?
Who takes the female part, i mean youre crying like an infant. I figure out xant is very rude to your ass. Maybe this makes you speaking like a vagina....farting instead of articulate xD
vrMega must take the doctor roll, sewing youre ass right?

u mad?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 07:10:31 pm »
+2
I would personally make a quite noticeable higher amount more than what I do now, but it would make the game more frustrating, both for newer players and veterans. Harder for newer players to get xp and gold (because you would have to decrease the regular income to balance it), harder for them to survive (people would hunt easy kills) and a more frustrating enviroment for the veterans (frag hunting, teamkills etc.)

Overall a pretty bad idea. :|
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 07:20:05 pm »
maybe new parameters to the valor system would help?  it rly is frustrating when very skilled players carry a hole team that still manages to loose round after round due to bad teamwork and whatnot.  seems like extraordinary achievements on the field should be rewarded even more...

i would suggest valor giving gold for your kills in the round on top of not loosing the multi
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:21:27 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:17 am »
i mean, really!? Is there something wrong with you? did they dropped you on your head when you were little?
What is your problem with people who quit crpg? a man quits crpg and that means that he's prohibited to return back? once you quit crpg you are not allowed back? is that it? Do you perhaps have a notebook where you write names of people who quit crpg so you can lynch them for that once they return?

No, actually, it's like this broseph. If you quit? Fair enough. If you come back? Awesome unless you're retarded. But if you make a drama queen thread saying you quit and then come back a few weeks later (Phase) you deserve to get a bit of ridicule for being a queen.

And in a category of his own we have Gazda, who makes the most retarded "omg mod sucks i am dumb as fuck and accuse chadz of lying about player statistics. really this whole thread was about me quitting" thread and then coming back? You deserve to get permabanned, but alas chadz's heart is full of mercy.

As to your last question, no, I don't have a note. My memory is just flawless, that's how awesome I am.

There y'go, "didn't you quit" explained.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:34:41 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:35 am »
I agree, an extra 3 gold and 15xp per kill should do the trick. Double for tks...

For the lulz.
And it will mean that people wont hesitate to kill trolls and assholes. Plus it teaches people to stop walking infronta me when I shoot :P

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 04:02:15 pm »
No, actually, it's like this broseph. If you quit? Fair enough. If you come back? Awesome unless you're retarded. But if you make a drama queen thread saying you quit and then come back a few weeks later (Phase) you deserve to get a bit of ridicule for being a queen.

And in a category of his own we have Gazda, who makes the most retarded "omg mod sucks i am dumb as fuck and accuse chadz of lying about player statistics. really this whole thread was about me quitting" thread and then coming back? You deserve to get permabanned, but alas chadz's heart is full of mercy.

As to your last question, no, I don't have a note. My memory is just flawless, that's how awesome I am.

There y'go, "didn't you quit" explained.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »
As already said, the problem of rewarding kills will lead to kill stealing, which is annoying enough, but in addition leads to more teamkills.

So perhaps this is the wrong end to approach the matter of rewarding personal performance by xp and gold.

How about doubling gold and xp you get per tick (yes, additionally to the multiplier, so that you can have ten times the reward you currently get with x1 ), BUT all of it is put in a personal "pot". This pot is being disbursed not before the end of the round. The percentage of your team's survivors equals the percentage you actually receive from this pot (but never less than 25%, otherwise a lost round with x5 multiplier would still bring 0 rewards  :? ).

This way players are encouraged more to keep their teammates alive, which hopefully will improve teamplay. If you kill a lot of enemies they can't kill your teammates, and thus you earn more rewards. Which indirectly is rewarding you for kills.

I know this system is not ideal, as all the other players are rewarded for your kills, too, but I think this is the only way to at least approach something like a reward for kills. Because if particular players would be the only ones rewarded for particular kills, you would immediately have envy and greed going around on the servers. Enemies are potential "treasures", and everyone who opens the chest (by splitting the skull with an axe) is some kind of "thief", so you have to hurry to get this ki... oooops! Sry! You ran into my swing!)

Take this pot as some kind of medieval health insurance, and whenever someone is killed in a round you need a certain percentage of the money for the ambulance service, ambulatory and stationary treatment, rehab and the psychological care to get the shock of the undergone violence out of one's system.  :wink:

Or did I oversee some possible flaw or exploit?  :?  :?:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:26:43 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
Teamdamage should lead to permaban. IMMEDIATE permaban.

Also, people who quit and come back should be limited to level 10 and 5k gold. Also, the message "WELCOME BACK" should pop up in their chat window every second anew.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 05:03:25 am »
I'm just going to assume none of you were around when we had a system sort of set up this way :\
I was that was befor I traded my Alien Ware COMP for my E machine and I could actualy play. Was fun got into M&B for awhile lost my skill got a shitty computer came back new CD key and now the game sucks. I cant run around with a Pike Bar Mace and Strong bow anymore..... `THIS GAME IS SHIT :)