Author Topic: Pointless to play Strategus!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Ronald_Meliossandro

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyeNRbbKBw
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronald_Meliossandro
Pointless to play Strategus!
« on: November 26, 2011, 10:23:17 am »
+2
Hi all

I like many others players are happy that startegus is up but now it feels pointless to continue playing it.

It is useless for single players or small clan to play it when big clans make big allies where there is a 5-8 clan who work together.
What happens when all the villages are occupied. Single players as examples who want to be trader will find that the tax is 100 gold per hour in a village.
How will you be able to do something useful or a small clan who manage to take  a village only to discover after a few days, then the Grand Alliance vill take the village from them. Of course, you should have allies but I think that when it is formed so large alliances so it is just boring and pointless.
I personally think it's more fun when there are many small clan wars because it makes strategus more fun to play. What happens when it's just big clans left? I think this amazing mod will lose many players because of this. Is it not better that we take care of this mod and make it more interesting for both new and old players?

Today the  clan that I'm in will attack a village, but unfortunately, we will have this village a few days and then some big alliance will take the village from us. Total pointless to even try to do something in strategus.

Maby the only thing to fix this is to make the map 10 times bigger so you have like a singel player or a small clan a chance to take a village?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Pointless to play Strategus!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:51:13 am »
+1
not all clans raise village fees to 100, some clans are ok with guests, small clans or cool people can usually find someone to take them in for awhile as well.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:34 am »
+1
Come to lands of Mercs. It's only 2 gold per hour in Tosdhar for example  :rolleyes:

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:11:06 am »
This is still early beta and gameplay is absolutely unbalanced and still needs changes.
I agree with you that atm small clans and single players don't have lots of fun playing current version of strat but if you do care about mod and want it to become better then you'd better post some suggestions than threads like "this game is shit" ;)

Mercs land is worst if we talk about faraway goods' bonuses  :mrgreen:
Igni et ferro

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 11:16:35 am »
Zharist were did i post that "this game is shit"?

And i did a suggestion if you read the hole post !

"Maby the only thing to fix this is to make the map 10 times bigger so you have like a singel player or a small clan a chance to take a village?"

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 11:30:37 am »
Mercs land is worst if we talk about faraway goods' bonuses  :mrgreen:

Don't get why, but if they are the worst then I can suggest them to go to your lands  :wink:

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 11:36:55 am »
I'm talking in general about whine posts ^^
I saw your suggestion, but I thought that it was a joke -)

Don't get why, but if they are the worst then I can suggest them to go to your lands  :wink:
Sure you can but they won't ever listen to your suggestions afterwards   :rolleyes:
Igni et ferro

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
1-It is useless for single players
2-It is useless for small clan to play it when big clans make big allies where there is a 5-8 clan who work together.
3-Today the  clan that I'm in will attack a village, but unfortunately, we will have this village a few days and then some big alliance will take the village from us. Total pointless to even try to do something in strategus.
4Maby the only thing to fix this is to make the map 10 times bigger so you have like a singel player or a small clan a chance to take a village?
1-It is.
2-Strategus is about diplomacy.1 small clan can't stand against an alliance of 5-8 (I don't think that eu side has that huge amount of coalitions yet.)but alliance of 5 small clans can do that. Why strat failing ? Because small clans attack each other instead of forming bigger coalitions to defend their territory against bigger forces.It is simple if 2 cats fight each other , a lion will wait till both cats weakened then it'll eat both of them.
3-Before taking that fief , speak with your border neighbour clan then. Make an agreement before you act.There is nothing to prevent that it's just the same as real life.Can Israel attack Iran without signing a supportive agreement with USA ? What will happen if USA don't support Israel ? Don't act foolish =)
4-Agreed.

5- Good luck with battle mate and i hope you are wrong and you guys hold on in that village.

Offline TucKMuncK

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TM
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:58:57 pm »
I think the strategus map could be bigger. More custom settlements,islands with some fiefs etc...
In memory of TucKMuncK_Wolper, member of River Pirates, ruler of Amashke

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:05:45 pm »
+1
Maybe random generated map for each Srategus version ?  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:47 pm »
Hi Harun :)

1.The is true that diplomacy often a key to success and I dont have problem with alliances but it gets pretty boring when large clan goes together in a large alliance. It is not fun when all clans is allias and friends.

2. I dont want to ask for permission before attacking someone becuse the fun with strategus is the battles and thankfully this is not a real life game :wink:.

This game for me is to have fun battles and strategy  like a battle where we was defendig Mijayet and almost won aganst 900 vs 500. That was a fun battle. Today we look at a few villages are attacked, there are only 10-20 defenders. This is what is sad, I think. Is its becuse of allied or diplomacy or just people dont have time or a combination of all this i dont now but i think we need some changes.

About the battle if we winn is free bear and pizza for a week :wink:

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 01:33:18 pm »
omg, bigger map? lol
pussies

this game is about war, diplomacy and strategy not singleplaying. bigger map = more big alliances, less epic fights, less wars, more ridiculous village attacks with 3 ppl defending etc. bigger map is one of the funniest suggestions ever. can't believe you are serious about it.
Igni et ferro

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 01:48:01 pm »
Thank you for being so nice and sarcastic!
This is so sad when players insult each other.
Do you think you win something in this?
Have you nothing better to write so stop or read my posts one more time if you dident understand it!

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 02:11:36 pm »
I hope that there will be bandit lairs where only bandits can recruit / craft (People without fiefs).
Or atleast something like that, because being a bandit is kinda... well you can do it a few times I geuss, but after that you are a known bandit and will have a hard time I geuss?

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 02:53:57 pm »
Come on, Ronald! I am sorry, didn't mean to offend or insult you ;)
You know I love you, at least when you don't shoot me in my face.
Igni et ferro