Author Topic: Strat exp, more rewards and incentives for the average player  (Read 623 times)

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Strat exp, more rewards and incentives for the average player
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:21:29 pm »
+1
I dont know if this idea has already been floated somewhere and I probably should have read a few more topics a bit more first but hey, here's the idea... How about anyone who takes part in a victory on a strategus battle gets a +1 multiplyer in crpg that lasts for 24-48 hours, so a player would be guaranteed a x2 at least for a day or two as a reward for their efforts in strat.  Thoughts?

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
Re: Strat exp, more rewards and incentives for the average player
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:35:41 pm »
Well so long there is a minimum amounts of troops fighting in the battle, I kinda like the idea.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »
I like the idea.

Participate and have a KDR no worse than 1 kill per 2 deaths and you get a +1 multiplier to cRPG.  You are still capped at x5 but you won't go under x2.

Participate, have a KDR no worse than 1 kill per 2 deaths and be on the winning side and you get a +2 multiplier.

Ideally, this multiplier is for, say, your next 10 hours of log-in time.  It could be "for the next 24 hours", logged in or not, but I'd hate to see a rash of AFKs as people try to take advantage of this.

Losses in the fight must meet some minimum value to apply.  Like at least 100 troops had to die in the battle and average troop armor value must have been at least 20 strat gold in value.  That's a pretty low mark but would mean that 49 vs 49 would never count and at least 2000 gold would have to leave the game world in the form of lost armor.

So basically participating in a neutral village defense would be guaranteed to get you a bonus, unless you really suck it up with a horrible KDR.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:23:29 pm by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »
Nice suggestion! Although Slamz is right. We should make it the next X hours of logged-in time and not the next X hours. Don't want people to leech more than they do, just to milk the bonus multi.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia