Poll

Do you *enjoy* Strategus?

Yes I do. I would like for it to be developed further
93 (37.8%)
Yes I do but I think cRPG needs some more love
59 (24%)
No I do not. I would prefer if its development was ceased to further improve cRPG
64 (26%)
No I do not but I don't want it gone
30 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 246

Author Topic: Strategus, the poll  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Strategus, the poll
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »
+2
This is not an official poll, I am just interested in what the community thinks as more and more clans and players are quitting Strategus partly or completely.

Personally, I do not enjoy Strategus at all. It has grown stale and I think that too much development time is invested into Strategus instead of cRPG.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Strategus, the poll
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
Personally, I do not enjoy Strategus at all. It has grown stale and I think that too much development time is invested into Strategus instead of cRPG.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »
+1
And the solution would be.. to put less development time into strategus? Did I miss something very clever here?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
+1
I miss an option. 'I do not, but Strategus needs further developing, because it has potential.'

I like the basic idea behind Strategus. It could be very fun. It is just very hard to make Strategus accessible, not grindrewarding, fun for both clans and individuals and balanced. I have sometimes enjoyed Strategus. But as it is now I don't really care about it. I hope it gets further developed, there is just so much potential awesomeness.

Would prefer a cRPG patch first though, although balance is pretty good now. Just new items and hopefully a new gamemode.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »
And the solution would be.. to put less development time into strategus? Did I miss something very clever here?

I have a feeling that lately the patches have been more and more centered around Strategus completely with very few cRPG improvements (but that does not mean they are not good: the slot system and almost all the balance changes have been a great improvement). For example, your latest poll has only one option regarding cRPG while the remaining eight options are all about Strategus. I am quite sure that there will be several improvements regarding cRPG included in the patch but I personally feel the balance of development has shifted from cRPG (something most people way more than Strategus) to Strategus (which incites a lot of drama, which can be seen as both a good and bad thing. However, the hacking/exploiting that happened during Round 2 were a very negative development of the drama/hate).

This does not mean that I dislike the work the dev team is doing, not at all. The game has been constantly improving since 2.00 but I would love to see the focus of development be cRPG and not Strategus.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »
+4
I want to see the Stronghold gametype in.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 05:21:44 pm »
+1
More cRPG would be awesome. What about a "real" Deathmatch or even Team-Deathmatch-mode? I know this is kinda "conventional" but i thoroughly enjoy it in Native and would love to see it in cRPG.

I feel strategus is not something for me. Its more like an advanced browser game which i never enjoy for some reason. I mean sometimes the fights can be really nice, but all the other stuff is simply not my taste. I like the effort put in it though.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 05:47:38 pm »
+5
Strategus got boring for me just before the last wipe. I just don't feel any excitement. I was foolish enough to think the c-rpg team was skilled enough to make the singleplayer into a full scale multiplayer. That didn't happen, instead we got a browser game with battles that we fight using the equipment we bought/made ourselves.

I'd like more love for c-rpg, which should be the foundation of this whole mod (I mean the damned site is even called c-rpg.net!).

C-rpg is dying!  :cry:
Don't mind the fish.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 06:00:56 pm »
Strategus got boring for me just before the last wipe. I just don't feel any excitement. I was foolish enough to think the c-rpg team was skilled enough to make the singleplayer into a full scale multiplayer. That didn't happen, instead we got a browser game with battles that we fight using the equipment we bought/made ourselves.

I'd like more love for c-rpg, which should be the foundation of this whole mod (I mean the damned site is even called c-rpg.net!).

C-rpg is dying!  :cry:

Listen to the fish!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »
I was foolish enough to think the c-rpg team was skilled enough to make the singleplayer into a full scale multiplayer.

You were foolish to think that this was the goal.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 06:43:59 pm »
+1
He is foolish in general. But he is right when he says crpg needs some love. :)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
The main problem with strat is despite the changes it is still just a game for leaders and non clan members.

Last strat clan members just had to sit and earn gold and transfer. Now we just sit and either recruit or craft then transfer. Its hard to make that fun for normal members :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 07:07:03 pm »
The main problem with strat is despite the changes it is still just a game for leaders and non clan members.

Last strat clan members just had to sit and earn gold and transfer. Now we just sit and either recruit or craft then transfer. Its hard to make that fun for normal members :P

totally agree. I'm just running out of ideas :P

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:21 pm »
+1
totally agree. I'm just running out of ideas :P

With your new fief ownership idea, why dont you make it so it adds up all of the factions population and then divide the exp/gold between all members of the faction? That way the normal members also gain something from playing Strat?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Kastu

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 07:26:38 pm »
I think strategus is ok but Massassin is better.